• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Now a wall can stop Washington's fall

Holy crap. I'm in love with this game. Just cleared a control point during a sand storm. Or whatever that was. Cool as fuck.
Reached world tier 1 and it feels like the inverted castle in symphony of the night. So much to do.

Division 1 had serviceable cover shooting mechanics. I feel it's so much improved in Division 2. I have fun just going from one skirmish to the next.

This is to me one of the best sequels ever.

Switching to DX11 solved numerous promlevs for me. No more stutters and hangs.

I need to figure out what setting to adjust to get the FPS back tho

I could live with the occasional crash. But constat stutters was too much. Switched back to dx11. I miss those extra 15-20 fps but at least dx11 is hassle free.

And about tweaking the graphics:

Last edited:

MastAndo

Gold Member
The turret and my drone is fn unusable..15sec or in an instance and they dissapear..what type of bs is that ?!
Yeah, it's a real bummer. Had a great co-op session with some friends tonight (a rarity for us) marred by broken skills for all of us. They would just disappear after a few seconds. I'm now reading that removing any gear with a cooldown perk is a workaround, but not even that is 100%.

Hopefully Massive fixes this soon...in the meantime, are any of the skills not affected?

nemiroff

Gold Member
What a nice surprise, the first game sent me to sleep, but this game makes me feel really good. It even manages to keep me away from Apex Legends..

Last edited:

Meccs

wXzlgmT.jpg

ZvJTO4Q.jpg

I was super lucky with cosmetic drops and getting stuff from the free apparel caches. Problem is that nothing I get now looks better than this lol

Last edited:
Jeez. All I've gotten are some shitty sweatpants and a corny pair of white sunglasses.
There are yellow/orange supply crates that have a guaranteed cosmetic in them by every safe house. They're usually hanging off a tree or something by their parachute - just shoot it to open it. However, you can't farm these because they only drop items once.

The cosmetics are a bit lacking at the moment, though. I've yet to find another sleeveless top (it seems hot in DC), so I've been wearing the same tanktop all game lol

waylo

Banned
Got to WT4 last night with my buddies. Leveling up one of those controls points to level 4 makes them incredibly hard. We tried Roosevelt Island on challenging too and it was like running into a brick wall at the end. Endless waves of enemies while trying to kill those billion hit point fuel drums broke us after like two hours of trying. Our gear score is capped at 450, but it's all a mish mash of gear since we had just been equipping stuff up until that point to raise our score more than anything. Gonna do some grinding today to try and put a coherent set together.

Game is a blast.

HotPocket69

Banned
There are yellow/orange supply crates that have a guaranteed cosmetic in them by every safe house. They're usually hanging off a tree or something by their parachute - just shoot it to open it. However, you can't farm these because they only drop items once.

The cosmetics are a bit lacking at the moment, though. I've yet to find another sleeveless top (it seems hot in DC), so I've been wearing the same tanktop all game lol

Wow really? Never even bothered to check for stuff hanging in the trees. Sweet man, thanks.

I was wrong, I did find one cool cosmetic that I immediately put on: a green bandanna. Unfortunately it hangs off my neck and doesn't cover my dumb face and huge shnoz.

Verdanth

What? Didnt know about that. Sweeet.

I was kind of hoping to wake up and read that a patch was out for the skill bug.

I’ll hope it arrives today sometime. Really my only true negative experience with the game thus far

Last edited:
Yeah. It's super annoying.

Fwiw, the hive reviver and chem launcher reinforcer work fine, so it's what I've been rocking.

Not the most offensive option, but it does give you a crap load of survivability.

Meccs

Jeez. All I've gotten are some shitty sweatpants and a corny pair of white sunglasses.
Î also have the slow clap and some funny dance. All just from the apparel cache keys you get while playing the game. And I am not even lvl 30 yet.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm impressed by the variety in the game world. There are so many things that I've only seen once whereas most games like this find something that works and then cut and paste it multiple times.

The only thing they went overboard on are the gas cans. You'd think that without reliable healthcare they'd put a lot more thought into safely storing fuel.

Holy crap. I'm in love with this game. Just cleared a control point during a sand storm. Or whatever that was. Cool as fuck.
Reached world tier 1 and it feels like the inverted castle in symphony of the night. So much to do.

Division 1 had serviceable cover shooting mechanics. I feel it's so much improved in Division 2. I have fun just going from one skirmish to the next.

This is to me one of the best sequels ever.

I could live with the occasional crash. But constat stutters was too much. Switched back to dx11. I miss those extra 15-20 fps but at least dx11 is hassle free.

And about tweaking the graphics:

Can you or anyone tell me if Nationals Park (baseball stadium) is in this game.

Yeah, it's a real bummer. Had a great co-op session with some friends tonight (a rarity for us) marred by broken skills for all of us. They would just disappear after a few seconds. I'm now reading that removing any gear with a cooldown perk is a workaround, but not even that is 100%.

Hopefully Massive fixes this soon...in the meantime, are any of the skills not affected?
its a known issue and they are working on a fix,the problem from what I've read its tied to the cooldown on your gear,its possible to work without any cooldown
From what I was reading on Reddit, this bug is actually caused by cooldown reduction.

Sucks, but in the meantime, you may be able to remove/avoid those pieces.

Thx guys I will most definitely give this a shot.

bucyou

Only made it to level 5 since friday (work,kids, wife, yard work)

but having a blast so far, something about the AI is satisfying, getting into huge gunfights and actually getting flanked and shit, so good.

Keeping hostages alive in the open world gets pretty hard at higher world tiers.

These guys will kamikaze anything near them. Wonder if they need to bump their health.

Kagero

That mission where the light go out, and then an explosion o_O. Me and my cousin was like," Damn! That was awesome". at the same time lol. Good game so far. Only LVL16 and can't wait for end game stuff but I'm enjoying it over all so far.

Meccs

I tried removing all mods from my turret but it would still vanish after a few seconds. I am still level 27 and this didn't happen until maybe level 25ish. So I am wondering what is going on here. What did change in that time?! I unlocked more turret variants. I have the feeling that it started when I unlocked the last turret and finally had all unlocked. My power level was also 000 until that time. So maybe going back to 0000 will fix it? I'll have to check this.

Last edited:
I tried removing all mods from my turret but it would still vanish after a few seconds. I am still level 27 and this didn't happen until maybe level 25ish. So I am wondering what is going on here. What did change in that time?! I unlocked more turret variants. I have the feeling that it started when I unlocked the last turret and finally had all unlocked. My power level was also 000 until that time. So maybe going back to 0000 will fix it? I'll have to check this.

Someone on Twitter told me it was caused by the Friday hotfix/update but my turrets were disappearing in the early access days too

XblogPSN

Neo Member
Hi All,
i have a problem with a weapon that i can'i dismantle * ? (blue - level 3)
Someone have same problem ? a bug ?

* no i haven't blocked (with "favorite selection") this weapons..
Thx!

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Had a blast playing co-op with my buddy last night. This game is amazing with friends. Went back and played through the missions again on his instance and they are really hard now. I was just a baby the first time I saw them.
noawa3n1pzu7safq.jpg

czrpy6kp8uyqy2nb.jpg

This is where I'm at with my duder. I can almost smell Level 30, or whatever that stench is coming from the sewers...
a6ab0oti2cjtvqos.png

Last edited:
And who is the braniac who decided to make clan nameplates the same as elite/named nameplates? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

That needs to go.

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
And who is the braniac who decided to make clan nameplates the same as elite/named nameplates? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

That needs to go.
First thing I said when I created the clan for my buddies and I "Oh cool, now everyone looks like a named NPC". Really, they should let you customize the color, or I saw someone suggest "Division orange" which wouldn't be bad. Anything but yellow.

HotPocket69

Banned
Any word on the skills being fixed yet?

Hyped to jump back in after work, but the current side mission I'm stuck on would go a lot easier if I had a functioning turret.

First thing I said when I created the clan for my buddies and I "Oh cool, now everyone looks like a named NPC". Really, they should let you customize the color, or I saw someone suggest "Division orange" which wouldn't be bad. Anything but yellow.

I was thinking green. But orange would perfect.

Did the first 2 stroholds today,it was some intense fighting ,especially the second one,the one from the left side of the map,because there you can't respawn and from the 4 guys that entered only I and another guy were standing to defeat wave after wave of enemies,damn and knowing the skills are glitched it was hard because I couldn't use the healing.

Did the first 2 stroholds today,it was some intense fighting ,especially the second one,the one from the left side of the map,because there you can't respawn and from the 4 guys that entered only I and another guy were standing to defeat wave after wave of enemies,damn and knowing the skills are glitched it was hard because I couldn't use the healing.

Chem launcher is an amazing heal! And doesn't seem to be affected by the bug. Plus the dudes at higher world tiers can't shoot it out of the air.

Double-tap 'E' or whatever the equivalent is on Xbox/PS4 puts it right under your feet w/o come out of cover.

Chem launcher is an amazing heal! And doesn't seem to be affected by the bug. Plus the dudes at higher world tiers can't shoot it out of the air.

Double-tap 'E' or whatever the equivalent is on Xbox/PS4 puts it right under your feet w/o come out of cover.
Didn't even knew that has a healing option

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Top Bottom