• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Now a wall can stop Washington's fall

Texas Pride

Banned
I'm loving this game way more than the frist.

Btw guys I don't understand the obsession with gear score, synergy is better that just looking at that number, track your stats and build your equipment according to what you really need, you will notice the difference.

Btw don't know if you all noticed already but soloing challange levels is easier than doing them in team...

That's bcs your difficulty and even number of enemies scale based on how many people are doing the activity. Solo is easier that 4 manning most anything due to that.

scalman

went to WT1 at last and hmm map changed to all those cleared points being retaken again so do it again. so those who diditn do those missions until WT1 just do it one time then ? and i will do that all over again just with stronger enemies now and those annoying drones masters, omg i hate them. still on WT1 and i hate just hate those drones with their master ...so i hunt them down as fast as i can if i can and if i cant then its annoying to look for those drones and shoot them every time. and at some places they just drop them non stop. but better weapons start to came which is good. still i dont like all that modern warfare now started happen. i liked good old map with good oldschool enemies better.
maybe thats why i played D1 like from start with maybe 4 different characters everything from beggining that part i liked most anyway in term of being solo wolf and not on hurry. seems like now as those WT1 you need to be more in hurry because those damn drones come blow to your face everytime.

Texas Pride

Banned
went to WT1 at last and hmm map changed to all those cleared points being retaken again so do it again. so those who diditn do those missions until WT1 just do it one time then ? and i will do that all over again just with stronger enemies now and those annoying drones masters, omg i hate them. still on WT1 and i hate just hate those drones with their master ...so i hunt them down as fast as i can if i can and if i cant then its annoying to look for those drones and shoot them every time. and at some places they just drop them non stop. but better weapons start to came which is good. still i dont like all that modern warfare now started happen. i liked good old map with good oldschool enemies better.
maybe thats why i played D1 like from start with maybe 4 different characters everything from beggining that part i liked most anyway in term of being solo wolf and not on hurry. seems like now as those WT1 you need to be more in hurry because those damn drones come blow to your face everytime.

Drones are annoying. But I find the Robo dog to be the bigger pain in the ass. Can't seem to find a weakpoint on it. What I find laughable is our skills have cool downs while the BT NPC's just spam their shit. Not cool.

bati

Anyone with one SHD cache left, the one thats on a construction site on Downtown West, which has the door closed?

Apparently the door only opens on the side mission...and it seems there's no way to repeat it. So if you miss it on the side mission, bye bye.

Apparently you can still access that area if you get a bounty there. I don't know if it's a specific bounty or any bounty though.

Anyone with one SHD cache left, the one thats on a construction site on Downtown West, which has the door closed?

Apparently the door only opens on the side mission...and it seems there's no way to repeat it. So if you miss it on the side mission, bye bye.

Yeah. It's annoying. My buddy created a second character to the point of our bugged mission. Invited me. Quit. Then I invited him and we completed it.

There is also at least two collectibles that seem to be locked behind a side mission as well.

Edit: Didn't know about the bounty option. I wonder if that works for collectibles too.

Last edited:

You are never going to make the map all green in the world tiers and that is by design so you have stuff to do.

Verdanth

Yeah. It's annoying. My buddy created a second character to the point of our bugged mission. Invited me. Quit. Then I invited him and we completed it.

There is also at least two collectibles that seem to be locked behind a side mission as well.

Edit: Didn't know about the bounty option. I wonder if that works for collectibles too.

Gonna try the bounty option. Thank you sir!

Does anyone actually come across the hard-to-find trinkets?

I don't think I've found a single one of the rare trinkets for the projects, and I've played a lot. I keep abandoning them.

Verdanth

Does anyone actually come across the hard-to-find trinkets?

I don't think I've found a single one of the rare trinkets for the projects, and I've played a lot. I keep abandoning them.

I dont even know what that is. Im always selling that on the vendor.

Managed to get the last SHD cache. The bounty did the trick.

I wouldn't sell trinkets. They're not worth that much, and you need them for project trade-ins!

Although, as mentioned, I've never completed one because I never get the rare ones like "plastic bottles." Lol. Yes. They're rarer than diamonds in the Division. :messenger_beaming:

I wouldn't sell trinkets. They're not worth that much, and you need them for project trade-ins!

Although, as mentioned, I've never completed one because I never get the rare ones like "plastic bottles." Lol. Yes. They're rarer than diamonds in the Division. :messenger_beaming:

Yeah. Now that you mention it I’ve noticed I haven’t found many either

MastAndo

Gold Member
Just hit WT1, and trying to figure out which specialization to focus on. I'm pretty much set on an AR build (with marksman rifle as secondary) as I haven't really clicked with other weapons, so naturally the Survivalist AR damage perk sounds appealing. Still, it sounds nice to have a decent specialized weapon with the grenade launcher, and being primarily a solo player at this point, all that points to the Demolitionist being the the better choice. I know I can just work on other specializations later, but just want to focus on one, given the relatively limited amount of time I put into the game. Decisions, decisions...

I really don't like the crossbow. It seems like a weaker alternative to the grenade launcher in terms of both damage and RoF.

Also, don't sleep on the Sharpshooter as a viable option since it gets 30% reload speed, 25% headshot damage and 30% stability (which is significant for ARs.)

MastAndo

Gold Member
I really don't like the crossbow. It seems like a weaker alternative to the grenade launcher in terms of both damage and RoF.

Also, don't sleep on the Sharpshooter as a viable option since it gets 30% reload speed, 25% headshot damage and 30% stability (which is significant for ARs.)
Right, but isn't the Sharpshooter rifle weak as well? Just not sure how prevalent the usage of these weapons are in the endgame.

Right, but isn't the Sharpshooter rifle weak as well? Just not sure how prevalent the usage of these weapons are in the endgame.

Yeah. The TAC-50 probably needs a damage boost. But it's still better than the crossbow. :messenger_beaming:

I do prefer the grenade launcher I think but maybe not enough to sacrifice the bonuses. Not sure. Haven't made up my mind.

Trying to finish up Survivalist so I'll have all three done by Friday.

Verdanth

Just did the demon mask hunter... Holy crap. Went alone, completely got owned. Dont ask me how, but since you spawn at a very near control point, the hunter followed me there.

Of course I jumped on the turret and owned his ass ahah

Finally hit WT1, went with sharpshooter, playing with AR, rifle and the TAC-50.

The game gets super hard and challeging. Really liking this.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I like the grenade launcher for the SMG bonus and it pops non-heavy elites like they're balloons...
Gif2.gif

Pretty easy to switch between them to see what you like. Something I didn't know until one of our clan guys told me was that you can fast travel to the WH and switch/activate a different specialization, then switch back and it gives you full ammo. Fast way to load up before a fight against Hunters or the like. This thing kills them in 1 shot, usually.

Yeah I love demo. Just grinding through the other trees before I go full time demo.

Geared up for explosive damage and lmg bonus on top of demo bonuses and you melt motherfuckers

Just did the demon mask hunter... Holy crap. Went alone, completely got owned. Dont ask me how, but since you spawn at a very near control point, the hunter followed me there.

Of course I jumped on the turret and owned his ass ahah

Finally hit WT1, went with sharpshooter, playing with AR, rifle and the TAC-50.

The game gets super hard and challeging. Really liking this.
Don't know about that,seemed easy for me,I started now to search for the masks in tier 4 and not knowing what will wait for me I started with the 4 guys with the masks at once,sure I was lucky that there were allies close and they got busy with them and I just picked them apart one by one,but I killed them fast,then I got to the one you went and killed him like any elite that you find on the streets with only my assault rifle.

scalman

Got to wt2 . im happy for balance yet , enemies not too strong against my guns gear have no probs with those walking guns and drones anymore.
Just im having harder time taking longer then to others with launchers and such as im going with 2 assault rifles both moded with 60 mag size so i just not stop tratatatata everybody. One rifles being more slower and accurate other very fast less accurate so using them depends ehat distance im in.
Then again problem when ammo ends and still some angry elite to fight then just using other guns i have like heavy machine guns or normal rifles.

Verdanth

Don't know about that,seemed easy for me,I started now to search for the masks in tier 4 and not knowing what will wait for me I started with the 4 guys with the masks at once,sure I was lucky that there were allies close and they got busy with them and I just picked them apart one by one,but I killed them fast,then I got to the one you went and killed him like any elite that you find on the streets with only my assault rifle.

You took on the 4 hunters all by yourself? What?

I took on demon hunter with 250 gear score, and found it hard like I said.

The NPC's don't seem to do much damaged to hunters. For instances, before I used the turret, one NPC was spamming it on the demon hunter and didn't do any damage at all.

As soon as I grabbed the turret, I insta killed him.

You took on the 4 hunters all by yourself? What?

I took on demon hunter with 250 gear score, and found it hard like I said.

The NPC's don't seem to do much damaged to hunters. For instances, before I used the turret, one NPC was spamming it on the demon hunter and didn't do any damage at all.

As soon as I grabbed the turret, I insta killed him.
The gear score doesn't really matter(that's more like the lvl of that gear),its the synergy between the items that you have matters,the damage that you make ,and have a lot of those talents unlocked,those in red.

Looking forward to jumping back into the game in earnest on Friday. Delaying WT5 like this was a strange decision, I must say - they risked losing players that aren't already invested in the full season of content. I'm very curious to see what the return rate looks like come Friday but that's likely something we'll never know.

bati

Looking forward to jumping back into the game in earnest on Friday. Delaying WT5 like this was a strange decision, I must say - they risked losing players that aren't already invested in the full season of content. I'm very curious to see what the return rate looks like come Friday but that's likely something we'll never know.

Yeah I'm pretty much on a developer forced break right now. Feels pretty shit to be honest.

I've been hunting collectibles in the meantime. Plus, I still have like 30 points or so to finish my last specialization.

Probably would have been better if they just released everything day one, but I feel like a little kid in anticipation of Friday.

Verdanth

Is it just me or does the game look worse when you reach World Tiers?

I'm playing on PS4 PRO, and I don't know, texture loading became way worse since reaching end game stage.

Need to test this tonight again, since yesterday I was already logged on for quite some time when this started hitting.

scalman

Yh thosr enemies mostly shootinh like snipers from any gun is annoying like shotgun from far far away and youd be hit like a lot. They should shange that maybe, so i just hunt them down sometimes until they got to their hiding place and start shooting at me or releasing drones and stuff its good thing to just spray bullets on them by surprise. Even running at them can be good too i can run to 2-3 enemies with full mag and catch them by surprise.

dorkimoe

I wish this game did better at explaining the DOTS and different skill mods on weapons/armor. I get random icons popping up on my HUD and no idea what they are doing. Would like to know and see them do more. All the damage just seems kinda nonsensical.

scalman

did you found those good boys when they cant run from you for reasons and you can come close to them...?
MJqlw5O.jpg

and all those bees they just dont care , they come close to you and just hang out ... if i would see so large bees near me i would run away so fast lol

Last edited:
There is this sound bug related to abandoning projects that is driving me crazy.

Bug may have been there since forever, but I think the last patch introduced the busted Gila Guard projects as well as trinket projects that are hard to finish.

I hope they fix this soon cause it's the Division 2 equivalent of Chinese water torture.

I entered the DZ and melted some Challenge Landmarks. The elites were literally getting fucked with like 10 shots from me, felt good. Then I went to the LZ and... wtf happened? A whole mag to take those guys out. Honestly I don't understand this game sometimes.

MastAndo

Gold Member
Just getting into WT2, am at around 325 gear score right and going solo, fun levels are fast approaching zero, lol. I felt like I got nothing done in the 2 hours I played, as I was getting wrecked in everything I tried - namely bounties and an invaded mission (Potomac Event Center). The latter was fine until the end, but it seems every big battle ends the same way - everyone is hiding in cover, and I run out of ammo with my AR trying to kill them. I've got a marksman as secondary, but that's rough to use while under fire and at targets that are in cover. The TAC50 isn't doing much for me either. I eventually clear some space to make a run for ammo, and get wrecked...rinse, repeat.

I might try the Demolitionist just for the usefulness of the grenade launcher and see if that helps matters. I think I was enjoying the level of difficulty more before the Black Tusk came and ruined the fun. I'm just finding it all more and more frustrating, though I'm sure part of that is going at it solo...

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I've just been catching up on all the little side activities like Hunter Masks and bounties while I wait for Tidal Basin. The other day our group provoked a level 4 alert status and tried to take a control point. Like 75% gold elites spilled out and no matter what strategy we tried, we just couldn't do it. lol.

I'm craving new missions. Admittedly, I've played the game unhealthy amounts of time and gotten more than my money's worth. Just excited for new content.

Last edited:
I've just been catching up on all the little side activities like Hunter Masks and bounties while I wait for Tidal Basin. The other day our group provoked a level 4 alert status and tried to take a control point. Like 75% gold elites spilled out and no matter what strategy we tried, we just couldn't do it. lol.

I'm craving new missions. Admittedly, I've played the game unhealthy amounts of time and gotten more than my money's worth. Just excited for new content.
I went solo to a level 4 CP. LOL

Safeguard and Crisis Response (demo) getting a cooldown so they're not up as much as they are now.

Chem launcher now acts as a weapon so it doesn't get you killed as often. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Last edited:

Verdanth

Not a fan of the adjustment in sniper turret.

One of the things I liked was able to sync my shot with the turret shot.

Now, from what they said, it will act more clunky than before.

Top Bottom