• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Now a wall can stop Washington's fall

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Excited for the new mods implementation. Glad there's a FOV setting coming too. I felt a little motion sick during the beta. Used to it now, but I'll still play around and see if it helps with situational awareness.

Good stuff.

waylo

Banned
THANK JESUS for the skill mod revamp. Really interested in the new weapon mods too.

Friday can't come soon enough.

MastAndo

Gold Member
Wow, lots of nice changes coming. Any word on whether the FOV slider is PC only, or will us console plebs get it as well?...would be surprised if we did.

EDIT: Question for you guys - how does NPC scaling work when you're in the world tiers and is gear score? Meaning, if I'm at 325 in WT2 playing a mission to unlock the Stronghold, will pushing my gear score a bit higher make me do/sustain more damage against those same enemies? ...or is it just based on perks/talents, and weapon damage output?

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Wow, lots of nice changes coming. Any word on whether the FOV slider is PC only, or will us console plebs get it as well?...would be surprised if we did.

EDIT: Question for you guys - how does NPC scaling work when you're in the world tiers and is gear score? Meaning, if I'm at 325 in WT2 playing a mission to unlock the Stronghold, will pushing my gear score a bit higher make me do/sustain more damage against those same enemies? ...or is it just based on perks/talents, and weapon damage output?
I did some digging and your hunch might be right. At least initially the FOV was assumed to be PC only, but if enough of us ask for it hopefully they'll bring it to consoles. I asked them on Twitter this morning and no response so far.

I can't say for sure since we all just blew through world tiers. Personally, I wouldn't spend too much time messing around at lower tiers. Just hang onto your materials and storm through to the higher levels. When you reach the max tier and upgrade your bench, then you can start tweaking on the calibration station. That would have been over the past 2 weeks. I feel like all that tweaking I did to get to 457 was just to burn time with WT5 just around the corner.

The Alert Levels and Black Tusk overthrow of the map, along with higher difficulty level Daily and Weekly challenges have been what govern the npc difficulty for me. Normal/Alert 1 level is like mowing the lawn on even ground. Level 4 alert and Challenging are like chopping through the jungle with a dull machete.

Sorry to not answer your question I just like to talk about the game. :)

No. Gear score in Division is not like light/power level in Destiny.

The damage and other numbers on the gear are what matters, and GS allows them to be higher.

A higher GS does let you drop better GS score, but the system considers your inventory and stash.

So, never unequip an item you like because of GS.

Also, great post by CrustyBritches CrustyBritches , but I would recommend NOT uprading your crafting bench until you have crafted all of your mods.

Unless that has been fixed, it is much less grindy with a level one bench (less resources.)

Woo-Fu

Banned
Well, I've been running sharpshooter/mk17 headshot/crit build, guess it'll be time for something else.

bati

I'm looking forward to giving skill builds a shot. Hopefully Patience alone will be enough for sustain.

Still can't decide what direction I want to go in. I think I may actually miss the Survivalist a bit.

His flame grenades are amazing, and once I stopped bitching about the crossbow damage and actually used it for CC, it grew on me.

Raven117

Gold Member
Looking forward to jumping back into the game in earnest on Friday. Delaying WT5 like this was a strange decision, I must say - they risked losing players that aren't already invested in the full season of content. I'm very curious to see what the return rate looks like come Friday but that's likely something we'll never know.
The vast majority of players are not even close to wr4 let alone ready for wt5.

In other words, their decision effected a small subset of players.

I'm not going to get into a pointless argument about this, so all I'll say is that there is absolutely no way that the hardcore playerbase is considered a "small subset". By any stretch of the imagination.

waylo

Banned

That "small subset" of players is who they should be focusing on. Those are the players who will be around three months, six months, a year from now. It's trickle down. If content is there for that group, then there will obviously be plenty of content for the more casual players who are slower to push through stuff.

I think the main reason WT5 wasn't out at launch is that Massive wanted to see if there were any gear exploits akin to something like Bullet King from the first game. That way if there is, at worst you've got people with tons of WT4 gear which is essentially useless.

Anyway, the raid arrives on the 25th.

MastAndo

Gold Member
The grenade launcher is just so much better than the other specialized weapons. I tried it out and it makes some yellow bar/boss fights almost trivial. I just love the perks on the sharpshooter tree, with the headshot, stability and reload buff though. I tried an LMG for a while to make full use of that from the Demolitionist tree, but I just click with the AR so much better. Even with the TAC50 fix coming tomorrow, I'm not sure a clunky, slow firing sniper is the weapon for me. Also, not much of a fan of the flashbang grenade versus the Incendiary or fragmentation grenades.

Raven117

Gold Member
I'm not going to get into a pointless argument about this, so all I'll say is that there is absolutely no way that the hardcore playerbase is considered a "small subset". By any stretch of the imagination.
Of course it is, by its very definition. And it’s just a few weeks. Not a big deal at all.
That "small subset" of players is who they should be focusing on. Those are the players who will be around three months, six months, a year from now. It's trickle down. If content is there for that group, then there will obviously be plenty of content for the more casual players who are slower to push through stuff.

I think the main reason WT5 wasn't out at launch is that Massive wanted to see if there were any gear exploits akin to something like Bullet King from the first game. That way if there is, at worst you've got people with tons of WT4 gear which is essentially useless.

This makes a lot of sense.

The grenade launcher is just so much better than the other specialized weapons. I tried it out and it makes some yellow bar/boss fights almost trivial. I just love the perks on the sharpshooter tree, with the headshot, stability and reload buff though. I tried an LMG for a while to make full use of that from the Demolitionist tree, but I just click with the AR so much better. Even with the TAC50 fix coming tomorrow, I'm not sure a clunky, slow firing sniper is the weapon for me. Also, not much of a fan of the flashbang grenade versus the Incendiary or fragmentation grenades.

I actually like the LMG with the sharpshooter tree better. AR for that matter too. It is a shame because it's the spec I want to run with, but the TAC-50 is the spec weapon I like the least.

I actually don't mind the flashbang. It's not as cool as the Survivalist grenade, but it's basically death for anything that gets affected.

Isn’t the content supposed to be free?? What’s this season pass?

Phobia

Season Pass just gives you access to the episodes 3 days early and you unlock specializations when they release.

15qH6a6.jpg

bati

I really like the looks of hard wired. But assembling these sets will put even more strain on the already limited stash space.

If you mean difficulty, I agree. Level design-wise, I think it's great.

We did fail the rocket launcher part the first time and Wyvern called us "fucktards." :messenger_beaming:

MastAndo

Gold Member
Won't be able to play until tonight, but a lot of crying on Reddit about the update. I did read that the extended AR 5.56 mag is now only +10? That kinda stinks.

Any thoughts on the changes?

waylo

Banned
Tidal Basin story difficulty was a joke, as expected.

They had said they fixed the crafting table bug (some people couldn't upgrade), but it doesn't appear they did. My buddy can't upgrade his to WT5, although I was able to. Also, specialization ammo does not appear to be dropping off enemies. I've played a couple hours now and not seen a single drop.

Meccs

Just did one of the WT5 missions as Demolitionist and didn't get any special ammo... hmm... weird.

Bluecondor

Oh man - that new Hard Wired gear set looks great! I love making different builds in this game. The Hard Wired gear set will make for a very interesting skill build.

Top Bottom