• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Now a wall can stop Washington's fall

bati

People on Reddit are saying skill builds are even worse than before :\. Feelsbadman.jpg. I'm still trying to climb to 500, the grind seems much slower than in previous tiers. I just recalibrated some of the drops I have, hopefully it will work for artificially inflating my gear score.

I feel bad I haven’t been contributing to clan XP at all, I’ve just been caught up in baseball and Sekiro plus Borderlands Updates.

I’ll be back in DC looting it up soon

Meccs

They definitely nerfed the special ammo drop rate. I am playing whole missions without seen one drop, so basically I am no longer using my special weapon anymore. Bummer.

Heads up for those in WT5: the Clan Vendor has gear that goes all the way up to 490, so you can start off with a nice boost in gear score.

Between the BoO, clan and special vendor, I was dropping almost 480 gear from the start.

The spec ammo rate is really low. I wonder if that is intentional or some bug introduced. Leaning toward bug.

MK17 is still great post-nerf. Ran an M60 build for most of WT4. Running a rifle build now, and it's sweet and a nice change of pace.

Meccs

Two observations after playing 4 missions and some random stuff in WT5:
1. I have NEVER seen special ammo drop for my Demolitionist
2. 99% of the gear and weapon drops are below the level of the item I have equipped in that slot (overall level atm is 478). I am having Anthem flashbacks currently.

Spec ammo is dropping for me, but at very slow rate and mostly just for headshot kills (sharpshooter).

Also, gear drops based on the overall gear score and not the GS for the particular slot.

Yeah the the drop rate for specialization ammo is low,I never had more than 2 bullets on my gun since the new update,I ignore the gear rating because most of the time I have better stats on what I have equipped even though has a lower rating,I'm at 468, I played with people that already had 500 rating and they barely manage to do any damage in challenge difficulty,and what is pissing me off is that since I started playing this game I NEVER had an exotic and the D50 pistol drop to make the exotic handgun,arghh

Last edited:
I've been running into a ton of bugs since I've jumped back in. More than I remember. Even the infamous skill reset bug has reared its ugly head again, this time for a gadget that 100% worked for me previously (the ballistic shield).

And just now I had a Project Bounty fail because there was an invisible wall into the room, so I couldn't get in lol. It's a bit frustrating, to say the least.

Meccs

Yeah the the drop rate for specialization ammo is low,I never had more than 2 bullets on my gun since the new update,I ignore the gear rating because most of the time I have better stats on what I have equipped even though has a lower rating,I'm at 468, I played with people that already had 500 rating and they barely manage to do any damage in challenge difficulty,and what is pissing me off is that since I started playing this game I NEVER had an exotic and the D50 pistol drop to make the exotic handgun,arghh
Speaking of exotics, that is the dark orange stuff, right? I had something drop that was that color but can't remember what it was and I can't find it anywhere. What could it have been? It was in WT1, that I remember. I am pretty sure I didn't vendor or deconstruct it.

Speaking of exotics, that is the dark orange stuff, right? I had something drop that was that color but can't remember what it was and I can't find it anywhere. What could it have been? It was in WT1, that I remember. I am pretty sure I didn't vendor or deconstruct it.

Check your resources. You may have dropped an exotic part, which is the same color as when the whole weapon drops.

Verdanth

So the sharpshooter sidearm that you unlock on the skill tree doesnt scale up somehow? I'm stuck with a 300 pistol forever?

scalman

new update ...damn where is my +30 mag mod ... instead i have +10 mag mod now.. why ? i dont mind to have have negatives with them and if they changed that why not give me at least 2 choises then one with no negatives and one with negatives.

bati

New patch has so many loot/itemization issues that it's making my head spin. If the basic combat loop wasn't so much fun I'd honestly just quit for 2 months and then come back to a balanced game.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I have a lot of odd things occurring after the patches. Having a good time hunting for all the sets and exotics. I miss the 5.56 extended mag.:messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_winking_tongue:

new update ...damn where is my +30 mag mod ... instead i have +10 mag mod now.. why ? i dont mind to have have negatives with them and if they changed that why not give me at least 2 choises then one with no negatives and one with negatives.
At first I also was pissed about that,but looking better at things and how they took out a lot of negative attributes, and adding the mods that you need,it makes the weapon even better.

Last edited:
man I'm so frustrated that it seems the hive reviver doesn't work properly most of the time,there is always a 50/50 change you're screwed.

Meccs

So the basic weekly PvE loop is doing the few missions in an area, then the corresponding stronghold and then Tidal Basin? Kinda lame. The end game in loot shooters is probably not really for me even though I recently came back to Destiny 2 and I am enjoying the daily/weekly challenges there. I had a 14 day break from Division 2 and now that they released WT5 I am having a hard time getting back in the game for some reason. I am not feeling it at the moment. The AI is starting to piss me off too, when they sprint like Usain Bolt from cover to cover or even past you for no reason. Or when what feels like 30 enemies try to climb the top of the capitol building over and over again getting slaughtered like target practice. People praise the AI but they are only aggressive but totally dumb.
Also, did they change something with the graphics? I am having a hard time seeing enemies now. I mostly shoot at health bars now because enemies blend into the background so much. There seems to be so much bloom now everywhere. Everything looks so milky. And the cool baseball cap with headphone I got looks cool when I am solo, black/gold with a fake apple logo on the front but changes to a generic gray with a different logo when I am in a group.

Woo-Fu

Banned
So the sharpshooter sidearm that you unlock on the skill tree doesnt scale up somehow? I'm stuck with a 300 pistol forever?

I'm pretty sure I got a 93R as a drop last night, which would seem to indicate that once you've unlocked it you can get better ones.

man I'm so frustrated that it seems the hive reviver doesn't work properly most of the time,there is always a 50/50 change you're screwed.

Hive reviver always seems to work for me. Don't forget the bug where it won't fire if you're firing another skill the moment you go down. I don't know if they fixed that one yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Wrapped up the Tidal Basin stronghold this past Friday and the game itself until early next year possibly. Thought it was great and enjoyed the vast majority of the entire game. Easily a 9.0/10 for me and improvement over the original in every aspect.

My biggest positive was the story and missions in regards to the locations, level design and just some awesome stuff in them. Even the Dark Zone introduction missions were damn good. Excellent game.

MastAndo

Gold Member
Not a fan of this chem launcher change. I know it's double tap to self-heal, but can't count how many times I've shot a healing capsule into a crowd of enemies. Very kind of me, sure, but not intended.

I don't mind the weapon mod changes. Sure, the benefits aren't as great, but it's more straight-forward, which is cool with me.

Also, missions on Hard, are well, hard to solo. Things just become increasingly frustrating as the enemies' peekaboo mechanic is cranked up to 11. I know it's part of the game, but unloading into a red bar just to have them duck at the last second with a sliver of health, just to hide there indefinitely until I find something else to do...well, that's not very fun.

Not sure about consoles, but on PC there's a key bind for quick skill use so that you never have that problem with the chem launcher.

The grind is real. Are you getting proficiency packs in the DZ yet? If not, PvE is probably faster.

If you are, not sure... I know a lot of people leveling fast in the DZ are doing chest runs rather than landmarks.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm at 497 just doing that initial round of vendors and then almost every available bounty and one level 3 checkpoint.

bucyou

Im level 25 DZ(lvl 15 reg), and have literally only seen 2 other people on the server the whole time. Although I am in the 10-19 DZ, is that why its so empty?

Top Bottom