• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Now a wall can stop Washington's fall

scalman

I liked that i need to change my tactics now as enemies stronger and like to hide forever and healers so anoying so its not working if you just find best place hide there and shoot everyone from one place, it was working until world tiers but not anymore, no i learned that if i hunt those healers and other anoying enemies that spawn drones then all is much easier. Just its so anoying when you waiting hiden in cover and enemies just spawn behind your back. Its funny how fast you die then too.
But about those new weapon mods i thought they said we will have now more mods some without negatives and some with them so where are those mods with negatives then? Do i need now to find new blueprints for them but whete to look if i allready did all side missions before i went to world tiers.. Couple blueprints i found to buy but thats all no more. Could they sell more them why so little?

Last edited:
But about those new weapon mods i thought they said we will have now more mods some without negatives and some with them so where are those mods with negatives then? Do i need now to find new blueprints for them but whete to look if i allready did all side missions before i went to world tiers.. Couple blueprints i found to buy but thats all no more. Could they sell more them why so little?

Your crafting bench tells you how many mods you're missing for each category. Weapon mods come mostly from completing tier 3+ control points.

Last edited:

Verdanth

Firefly continues pretty useless. Its always hitting obstacles and exploding before doing any damage.

And its a bummer, since I really like the one that makes nearby enemies explode.

Not a fan of this chem launcher change. I know it's double tap to self-heal, but can't count how many times I've shot a healing capsule into a crowd of enemies. Very kind of me, sure, but not intended.

I don't mind the weapon mod changes. Sure, the benefits aren't as great, but it's more straight-forward, which is cool with me.

Also, missions on Hard, are well, hard to solo. Things just become increasingly frustrating as the enemies' peekaboo mechanic is cranked up to 11. I know it's part of the game, but unloading into a red bar just to have them duck at the last second with a sliver of health, just to hide there indefinitely until I find something else to do...well, that's not very fun.
That's why I use the poison Oxidizer chem launcher. It either forces enemies out of cover or they sit in it until they die.

And yeah I prefer the old chem launcher behavior as well
Edit: The Quick Skill keybind doesn't change it back to old behavior.

Last edited:
How can you upgrade the chatterbox exotic,I know you need an exotic part,but then its says you need a chatterbox of 250 rating,how can you get that?from the start when I crafted my chatterbox was 440 ,my bench is at max now.

How can you upgrade the chatterbox exotic,I know you need an exotic part,but then its says you need a chatterbox of 250 rating,how can you get that?from the start when I crafted my chatterbox was 440 ,my bench is at max now.

The text is misleading. You don't need a 250 Chatterbox. You need a Chatterbox that is 250 or greater.

bati

I finally ditched my GS 450 set today (feelsbadman) and made a somewhat generic weapon build that works with most weapon types. 3 red, 7 blue, 7 yellow (got some skill power into the build in case Massive unfucks it at some point lol), running demo with LMG. Notable talents are Unstoppable Force (chest), On the Ropes (Holster), Patience (knees), Compensated (gloves). Hitting 100-110k headshots with the LMG on elites. Feels pretty good.

edit: And Steady Handed on LMGs is just amazing, especially with demo's perk that refills mag when you lose armor. The BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR never ends.

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned
I'm at GS 509 on my primary build but it seems like getting the high lvl drops you specifically want is harder than it was pre update. Anyone else noticing the same?

Don't know about that,all I see is that higher gear score have worse attributes that my 450 gear,and I'm 470 and I barely found something better than what I have,I mean I played with people with gear above 500 and they struggle on challenge with an elite and I with a magazine of 40 bullets,or a magazine and a half,depending on the elite I'm killing them.And now it seems they buffed the enemies,they run faster,they flank you,while I feel that we are nerfed,armor and health feel pointless also having a skill build feels the same,my hive reviver doesn't work,at this point I'm investing in doing more damage to kill them faster then they shoot me.

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned
Don't know about that,all I see is that higher gear score have worse attributes that my 450 gear,and I'm 470 and I barely found something better than what I have,I mean I played with people with gear above 500 and they struggle on challenge with an elite and I with a magazine of 40 bullets,or a magazine and a half,depending on the elite I'm killing them.And now it seems they buffed the enemies,they run faster,they flank you,while I feel that we are nerfed,armor and health feel pointless also having a skill build feels the same,my hive reviver doesn't work,at this point I'm investing in doing more damage to kill them faster then they shoot me.

Most of the high GS randos I see are like you said just not very good. The enemies have been buffed but it's like they know they're buffed. They rush you and give zero fucks about the bullets being dumped into em. I think ultimately most people just get on to shoot shit and don't want to deal with the building aspect despite the fact that's a huge component of the game. Me and my buddy did Tidal on heroic with 2 randoms. That was a test of patience right there. We went through 7 randoms before we cleared it bcs they simply weren't built to absorb the punishment at that lvl and not smart enough to know that and play carefully.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
I don't even worry about stats until I'm at near max score for the WT in question. I'll stash stuff with the perks I want, though, and use it for recal down the road.

DZ is definitely back to being the best way to grind gear (once you get DZ Level 50.)

At 500gs, you get a 500gs proficiency packs every ~2 landmarks, and contaminated gear seems to roll 500 about (totally anecdotal) 50% of the time.

Last edited:
Most of the high GS randos I see are like you said just not very good. The enemies have been buffed but it's like they know they're buffed. They rush you and give zero fucks about the bullets being dumped into em. I think ultimately most people just get on to shoot shit and don't want to deal with the building aspect despite the fact that's a huge component of the game. Me and my buddy did Tidal on heroic with 2 randoms. That was a test of patience right there. We went through 7 randoms before we cleared it bcs they simply weren't built to absorb the punishment at that lvl and not smart enough to know that and play carefully.
I don't even bother on Tidal to play it higher than hard ,cause that last part is so annoying that I don't have the patience to repeat that over and over again,even on hard I can barely find some great guys to finish it from one go.Most of the time when I get into a matchmake and reach the last part,all of them just get in cover right next to the door that you came in, and they are ignoring the countdown for the rocket launch,OMFG,its so frustrating.

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
DZ is definitely back to being the best way to grind gear (once you get DZ Level 50.)

At 500gs, you get a 500gs proficiency packs every ~2 landmarks, and contaminated gear seems to roll 500 about (totally anecdotal) 50% of the time.

Yeah, even pre-50 it's worth. My buddy and I were running it this morning. Place is dead as hell and all the NPC's are super easy and they drops tons of gear.

How the hell DZ is empty !!!,cause all the time when I'm going I find groups of 3-4 people ,all rogue and of course they shoot me, I for one don't even bother to go there anymore,its pissing me off

Last edited:
The way matchmaking is with Division 2, you should not regularly being seeing you vs. four.

It can happen, I'm sure. Not sure what to say if it happens a lot to you. That sucks. It was one thing I hated about Division 1.

I mostly solo and duo and mostly run into solos and duos, and unoccupied DZs seem to be very co-op oriented in my experience.

manfestival

so like anyone want to walk me through the multiplayer pvp? Like I want to like it and play it... then I get on and always end up against 4 man guild squads that are max builds that just shred me while I can barely get their armor to half in a clip. The state of PVP is so disheartening and 16 lives disappears SUPER fast... faster than any pvp mode of its type that I have experienced. Gears of war goes quick sometimes but these matches last like 2-3 minutes! I get the balance and whatnot but the mode is practically unplayable. Fortunately, there is no real benefit for going hard in the mode so there is also no punishment for ignoring it. I do want to test my skills but... on a more even ground.

Can't help with Skirmish. Team Deathmatch has never really been my thing.

I haven't tried it yet. Guess I'll give it a go at some point.

Verdanth

How the hell DZ is empty !!!,cause all the time when I'm going I find groups of 3-4 people ,all rogue and of course they shoot me, I for one don't even bother to go there anymore,its pissing me off

I got your back. When you wanna go and if Im online just say the word.

The way matchmaking is with Division 2, you should not regularly being seeing you vs. four.

It can happen, I'm sure. Not sure what to say if it happens a lot to you. That sucks. It was one thing I hated about Division 1.

I mostly solo and duo and mostly run into solos and duos, and unoccupied DZs seem to be very co-op oriented in my experience.
Maybe because I'm always doing the ocupied DZ,and there you just shoot to kill,you don't need to go rogue or am I wrong!!

manfestival

Can't help with Skirmish. Team Deathmatch has never really been my thing.

I haven't tried it yet. Guess I'll give it a go at some point.
I love me some TDM in all games. Division 2 has some of the most unbalanced I have ever experienced... You shouldn't be finishing matches in like 2 minutes... there is a major problem there. Even in Destiny 2, if you are getting smashed the announcer will call the match but even THAT takes more time.

I am down for trying some DZ with yall. I tried it and ran into some agents that weren't rogue. We teamed up without partying and had a really good experience running around just doing some pvpve.

Maybe because I'm always doing the ocupied DZ,and there you just shoot to kill,you don't need to go rogue or am I wrong!!

You are not wrong. There's no rogue status, and there's friendly fire.

But even still, I've been in occupied a lot and not getting matchmade 1x4 and 2x4... at least as far as I can tell. Maybe it's a platform thing, or I'm just getting lucky.

Texas Pride

Banned
I don't even bother on Tidal to play it higher than hard ,cause that last part is so annoying that I don't have the patience to repeat that over and over again,even on hard I can barely find some great guys to finish it from one go.Most of the time when I get into a matchmake and reach the last part,all of them just get in cover right next to the door that you came in, and they are ignoring the countdown for the rocket launch,OMFG,its so frustrating.

The key to Tidal boss battle is to rotate as it unfolds. Flow left for the first part and rotate around the adds as it progresses. People instinctively wanna try and hold down the fort and with the enemies aggression cranked up to insane they rush you and bend you over everytime.

Last edited:

Verdanth

So is it just me or does the WT5 update felt a little bit disappointed and kind of messed all the Gear score point of the game?

I still haven't done Tidal, but from what I'm reading it seems this update backfired a little.

Woo-Fu

Banned
So is it just me or does the WT5 update felt a little bit disappointed and kind of messed all the Gear score point of the game?

If this update never existed the same problems you're talking about would still be there, it'd just be WT4 that was the problem, not 5. Gear Score is more important than builds with respect to progression until whatever the final tier is.

waylo

Banned
The update is disappointing in regards to it doing absolutely nothing for skill power. It's still just as pointless as ever. Same with building any sort of armor or health. No reason to do anything but roll crit/weapon damage/damage to elites. All the skills are pretty much pointless to top it all off.

They've got a lot of work to do to make things viable and fun. I like the game, but in some areas it feels like they learned nothing from the first game.

LMG awesomeness is starting to get a lot of attention. Please, no nerfs. :messenger_beaming:

As for skills, odd decision just to scale everything back. At least armor is worth stacking for Unstoppable Force.

Last edited:

Verdanth

So just did tidal basin...and I liked it, specially because I did it with only one person, who bailed out at the last boss making me go throught the boss all by myself.

However I gotta say, they should have launched it with the game, not post-launching it, because in the end it is very similar to other strongholds, it does not offer anything new.

Rewards were meh, except for the t-rex apparel.

World tier 5 repeats the same procedures that previously WT had? I dont know if Im a fan of that. As of now, I think the game is starting to ask for some new mechanics.

There's something Im not quite getting with optimization. Why cant I pass a primary skill from a vest to another vest. I have a higher gear score armour that I would like to equip with berserk, but I cant.

Last edited:

bati

So just did tidal basin...and I liked it, specially because I did it with only one person, who bailed out at the last boss making me go throught the boss all by myself.

However I gotta say, they should have launched it with the game, not post-launching it, because in the end it is very similar to other strongholds, it does not offer anything new.

Rewards were meh, except for the t-rex apparel.

World tier 5 repeats the same procedures that previously WT had? I dont know if Im a fan of that. As of now, I think the game is starting to ask for some new mechanics.

There's something Im not quite getting with optimization. Why cant I pass a primary skill from a vest to another vest. I have a higher gear score armour that I would like to equip with berserk, but I cant.

It needs a free perk slot of the right type.

Just as with attributes, talents are categorized as Offensive, Defensive and Utility. You can't, for instance, swap an Offensive talent into a Defensive slot.

Here are two excellent spreadsheets from awesome people on Reddit for any nerds :messenger_tongue: who wants to dig into this stuff:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...3oO7qEEbihitnb_JiWcxq3x5Cpjhp9xe9LCr/pubhtml#
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...MpQk1wIXaZ9KOcPa7HzXzp_N5qGmjDj6yEfL/pubhtml#

bati

Just as with attributes, talents are categorized as Offensive, Defensive and Utility. You can't, for instance, swap an Offensive talent into a Defensive slot.

Here are two excellent spreadsheets from awesome people on Reddit for any nerds :messenger_tongue: who wants to dig into this stuff:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...3oO7qEEbihitnb_JiWcxq3x5Cpjhp9xe9LCr/pubhtml#
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...MpQk1wIXaZ9KOcPa7HzXzp_N5qGmjDj6yEfL/pubhtml#

AFAIK the only distinction is active and passive. For example I could replace Safeguard with On the Ropes, but could not put On the Ropes instead of Hard hitting.

I was out of the game for a bit but finally got back in yesterday m. Got from 462 to 492 and hopefully gonna get to 500 today and finally start optimizing

Did anyone’s performance take a hit with the update? I seem to have lost a few frames

Last edited:
I had to switch back to DX11 because the crashes were too much. Nvidia and Massive are working on a fix according to that State of the Game.

They also talked about making all gear at 500 drop at 500.

Finally completed the True Patriot set and I'm super underwhelmed after running it for a few Challenging missions. The other sets don't seem so great either.

Top Bottom