• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Now a wall can stop Washington's fall

scalman

hmm that weird balance... got to WT3 after one stronghold that i played so long so many tries... so WT3 came ..ok give me all those upgraded better weapons ..... im waiting ... and its shit.. im getting worse weapons that i allready have worse gear and enemies now harder to shoot it takes more shots now , so its no fun , i should be getting now better stuff no ? but i have all yellow , and im getting only purple and its all worse just all worse for hrs and hrs playing im getting just worse weaponss and gear that i can just dismantle or sell right away ... its no use ... and that sucks... i remember i had more fun in this state in D1 i was getting better weapons and plenty yellow ones... but no nothing here... well at least not now.... but if enemies are stronger now wouldnt you kinda expect them to drop you better guns and gear... noo they dont and loot boxes gives shit , wepon boxes gives just crap that i can throw to garbage right away , because everything is worse then i have... how am i supose to fight against enemies now and have fun if it takes now even more bullets to do that then before... its anoying ... not going to DZ last days at all maybe all point is to go there i duno ... still AI enemies should drop better loot and then it would be fun is that so hard ?
in D1 im on WT4 went from WT5 i think because didint liked that so went to lower one and its more fun and there i like loot im getting, here though last ten or so hrs of playing it i dont like loot here at all . just in rare cases i did got some weapons which are ok i guess but nothing amazing. so duno maybe they balanced this more to team play or more to DZ more to WT5... its feels like i would like to go play game from start again because it was more fun to level up and try weapons... because now i dont having fun with it kinda...

Last edited:

scalman

so maybe there are some better places to grind then ? does take over post and going to supply room will improve with time and they will give you something to use at least... cause now its just garbage and on higher tier...

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I didn't pay Div1, but from my experience with Div2 I like the strategy of rushing to the highest level as fast as possible by equipping the highest gear score I can irrelevant of being weaker than a organized/calibrated loadout. Most of the people in our clan play PvE, so we'd grind level 2 control points, bounties, and elite territory controls and spam them with specializations. After I got up to around 490 I had saved hundreds of gears pieces with good talents and I had picked up some 490-500 gear score weapons that I liked and already had decent stats and talents. Recalibrated those up to ~513 Gear score and then built out my gear around those guns.

For me I settled on CTAR and M60 Mil E. DivisionGAF plays mostly PvE so I focus more on damage/damage to elites, armor regen, and health talents. I am not great at it, my brother for instance, has insane calibrations and his weapons hit hard as fuck, but he is more likely to go down, so he uses Hive Revive(auto-pop I call it) to mitigate.

Hopefully this is helpful in some way, I enjoy reading advice here and I've learned a bunch even from the negative posts.

Hah. My favorite Div streamer loves the CTAR (due to Div 1) but just not my jam with Div 2.

My recommendation would be not to get to caught up on GS.

Those 49x you find can be a lot better than the 500s.

I finally messed around in DZ for awhile. Got up to lvl 27, will try to get to 50 this week, then I need to finish final specialization, and hopefully get the 6 pieces I’ve mapped out with decent rolls (I’m going with a 3-2-1 gear synergy).

I’ve played for so many hours and there’s still so many things I haven’t done: I have side missions untouched, haven’t touched conflict mode, have like 80 blueprints to grind for

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Hah. My favorite Div streamer loves the CTAR (due to Div 1) but just not my jam with Div 2.

My recommendation would be not to get to caught up on GS.

Those 49x you find can be a lot better than the 500s.
My favorite was the Police M4 with extended mag(73rds capacity), but they nerfed it.

I agree Gear Score shouldn't be the hyper focus, I had pre-patch 450 and lower gear that hit way harder than 470-480 stuff. I didn't really explain that I rush to the highest score so the Field Caches would quickly boost in gear score. I get most of my best gear, quantity and quality, from Field Cache and Control Point yellow crates. It appeared it would drop gear score based on my score at the time, so I rush higher at the expense of losing talent/brand advantages.

It also simplified the game because I rushed and didn't worry about leaving all the hard calibration work in the past with new WT5 dropping. Now I'm 504 with gear worth keeping and it's only been a week, here on out it's just refining.

My favorite was the Police M4 with extended mag(73rds capacity), but they nerfed it.

I agree Gear Score shouldn't be the hyper focus, I had pre-patch 450 and lower gear that hit way harder than 470-480 stuff. I didn't really explain that I rush to the highest score so the Field Caches would quickly boost in gear score. I get most of my best gear, quantity and quality, from Field Cache and Control Point yellow crates. It appeared it would drop gear score based on my score at the time, so I rush higher at the expense of losing talent/brand advantages.

It also simplified the game because I rushed and didn't worry about leaving all the hard calibration work in the past with new WT5 dropping. Now I'm 504 with gear worth keeping and it's only been a week, here on out it's just refining.

Nice. I loved the Police M4 too

My final main is gonna be demo specced to hit hard with LMG and explosives and I’m nowhere near that right now. My GS is 502 but none of this current gear is what I’m trying to finalize.

I finally messed around in DZ for awhile. Got up to lvl 27, will try to get to 50 this week, then I need to finish final specialization, and hopefully get the 6 pieces I’ve mapped out with decent rolls (I’m going with a 3-2-1 gear synergy).

I’ve played for so many hours and there’s still so many things I haven’t done: I have side missions untouched, haven’t touched conflict mode, have like 80 blueprints to grind for

I haven't touched Conflict either. I want to. Kind of. But TDM and domination just don't keep my interest, and I kind of suck in those environments.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Nice. I loved the Police M4 too

My final main is gonna be demo specced to hit hard with LMG and explosives and I’m nowhere near that right now. My GS is 502 but none of this current gear is what I’m trying to finalize.
It seems they've hard-capped everything to 513, it won't go any higher for me.

I just want to say that if you have not run with an M60 build yet...
Hell yeah! Also try M60 with Allegro and holstered Chatterbox the next mag that comes after a kill sounds like a buzz saw. lol.

It seems they've hard-capped everything to 513, it won't go any higher for me.

Hell yeah! Also try M60 with Allegro and holstered Chatterbox the next mag that comes after a kill sounds like a buzz saw. lol.

Thumbs up! That's pretty much what I've been running. Unhinged+Allegro+Chatterbox.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I ran m60 with up close and personal practically the entire game. Early/mid it is nice to be the only one still shooting while everybody else is reloading.

Last edited:

bati

Despite the loot and balance issues I still find myself greatly enjoying the game and frequently pick it over other options when I got some free time after work. I was legit excited for the weekly reset yesterday so I could run the bounties and invaded missions again, and I'm just casually working towards putting together a new AR focused set which I will then use to explore DZ (still haven't touched it lol) and hint down the remaining collectibles while I wait for more content to drop.

Also, this invasion event was a pretty good way to get some really nice apparel gear, I'm at 27 out of 30 and haven't even played that much.

hmm that weird balance... got to WT3 after one stronghold that i played so long so many tries... so WT3 came ..ok give me all those upgraded better weapons ..... im waiting ... and its shit.. im getting worse weapons that i allready have worse gear and enemies now harder to shoot it takes more shots now , so its no fun , i should be getting now better stuff no ? but i have all yellow , and im getting only purple and its all worse just all worse for hrs and hrs playing im getting just worse weaponss and gear that i can just dismantle or sell right away ... its no use ... and that sucks... i remember i had more fun in this state in D1 i was getting better weapons and plenty yellow ones... but no nothing here... well at least not now.... but if enemies are stronger now wouldnt you kinda expect them to drop you better guns and gear... noo they dont and loot boxes gives shit , wepon boxes gives just crap that i can throw to garbage right away , because everything is worse then i have... how am i supose to fight against enemies now and have fun if it takes now even more bullets to do that then before... its anoying ... not going to DZ last days at all maybe all point is to go there i duno ... still AI enemies should drop better loot and then it would be fun is that so hard ?
in D1 im on WT4 went from WT5 i think because didint liked that so went to lower one and its more fun and there i like loot im getting, here though last ten or so hrs of playing it i dont like loot here at all . just in rare cases i did got some weapons which are ok i guess but nothing amazing. so duno maybe they balanced this more to team play or more to DZ more to WT5... its feels like i would like to go play game from start again because it was more fun to level up and try weapons... because now i dont having fun with it kinda...

Gearscore is in this game meaningless, most of you don't understand this. Gear with 300 Score and good talents beat every 350 Score gear with bad talents.
I'm on WT 1 and use one of my first masks because of the 47%! damage vs elites.

All bigger Scored Gear has smaller talents and bonuses.

When you equip you best Gear it's absolutely possible that in the worst case you weapon damage is 50% worser.
Most people think then that the game difficulty is increased.... but das not the case.. 😉
Make you build with focus on the best talents not in focus about Gearscore.
For more info get to reddit TD2 forum.

Last edited:

Verdanth

Ok, Im confused. There's been at least two times that I catch gear which simply does not go to my stash... And my stash is not full.

One of those was exotic Liberty.

Last edited:
Gearscore is in this game meaningless, most of you don't understand this. Gear with 300 Score and good talents beat every 350 Score gear with bad talents.
I'm on WT 1 and use one of my first masks because of the 47%! damage vs elites.

All bigger Scored Gear has smaller talents and bonuses.

When you equip you best Gear it's absolutely possible that in the worst case you weapon damage is 50% worser.
Most people think then that the game difficulty is increased.... but das not the case.. 😉
Make you build with focus on the best talents not in focus about Gearscore.
For more info get to reddit TD2 forum.
Exactly,even till now I'm barely 470 in TW5,I mean I still use 450 gloves with 8% assault rifle damage 15% elite dmg and clutch,and I never found anything better than this for my build,if I put some cool 500 gloves with some cools stats at first glance ,it will almost half my dmg.

One thing Massive has never done well is teach new players about gear score. As it is and was in the last game, it's counterintuitive.

That is made worse by the fact that Destiny uses a similar concept very differently.

So I need to a do a side mission in the east mall quarantine zone before I can activate my final Hunter. The side mission is something DC-62 Lab Quarantine or something like that, I read that an NPC in theater settlement gives it to you but there’s no quest there for me

Last edited:
So I need to a do a side mission in the east mall quarantine zone before I can activate my final Hunter. The side mission is something DC-62 Lab Quarantine or something like that, I read that an NPC in theater settlement gives it to you but there’s no quest there for me

Can someone accept my request to join the PC clan please? I thought rejoining would fix a chat glitch I was experiencing (manfestiv wasn’t showing up in my chat)

Accepted.

Had a productive day. Cleared all side missions and quarantine zones, finished the last liberation zone that I guess I missed somehow, got all the shd tech I had skipped past before, got my last hunters mask finally, got up to lvl 43 in Dark Zone. Will finish that first thing tomorrow, then just focus on finishing then specialization so I can finally go back to my beloved demo.

Some of the indoor environments of the side missions are amazing. Very impressive.

I looted so much shit today. Weapons wise I am pretty happy with where I’m at. Still waiting on a few better rolls on a couple key brand sets

This was a cool event. Very well done. I don't usually buy AAA mtx, but I did get the starter pack to finish some non-event sets.

I wonder if they will be more difficult to complete going forward. There were people on Twitch that had all 30 times by Friday.

Some of the indoor environments of the side missions are amazing. Very impressive.

I really wish Massive would make side missions (more easily) replayable and add them as daily or at least weekly project.

Last edited:
Is the event over? I’m only at like 17 items I think. I got a late start

No. It's not over. I think you have like 2 weeks. Plenty of time to get all 30 items if you want.

Edit: OK. Just logged in. 11 days.

Just in case you don't know, DZ post DZ level 50 is the fastest way if you're short on time.

Last edited:

bati

I've read somewhere that Invasion apparel will go into regular rotation once the event is over and if that's true you don't really have to obsess about it right now.

Unrelated:

I've read somewhere that Invasion apparel will go into regular rotation once the event is over and if that's true you don't really have to obsess about it right now.

Unrelated:

Nice!

As for the event apparel, yeah. That's kind of what motivated me to get some of the basic stuff I wanted.

That pool is going to get bigger and bigger making it more difficult to get items you want.

So, after extensive testing with various M60 and M249 builds...

I think my initial feeling that the Sharpshooter (reload/stability) was equal or maybe better than the Demo was just wrong.

While I do love the added stability, I was definitely overrating it after trying out some different approaches.

The plus is the grenade launcher is way better than the TAC-50, but I do miss the flashbang grenades.

I think the question for me now is whether to stack explosive damage. Some people really like it, but I'm not sold yet.

bati

So, after extensive testing with various M60 and M249 builds...

I think my initial feeling that the Sharpshooter (reload/stability) was equal or maybe better than the Demo was just wrong.

While I do love the added stability, I was definitely overrating it after trying out some different approaches.

The plus is the grenade launcher is way better than the TAC-50, but I do miss the flashbang grenades.

I think the question for me now is whether to stack explosive damage. Some people really like it, but I'm not sold yet.

I'd love to try an explosive CDR build. Not sure if it would be viable to stack enough skill power at the same time though.

Right now I switched from my 3 red (Compensated) LMG demo build to 'crit' (~30%) AR and the damage is only marginally better. I'm thinking of reverting and adjusting the build so that it better supports ARs.

Last edited:
I'd love to try an explosive CDR build. Not sure if it would be viable to stack enough skill power at the same time though.

Right now I switched from my 3 red (Compensated) LMG demo build to 'crit' (~30%) AR and the damage is only marginally better. I'm thinking of reverting and adjusting the build so that it better supports ARs.

Explosive, I'm not really feeling a difference on the GL, and the grenades are bleh, and I'll never be good enough to cook them and kill people in DZ.

AR, I haven't really messed with them much since WT2 or so. I'll give it another go here soon. Have been saving pieces for it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I’m 500+ with a solid build so I’m kinda taking a break for now until the raid. I’ve put about 90 hours into the game so far and don’t want to burn out.

Texas Pride

Banned
I still think there needs to be more things to do in the end game. It's leaps and bounds above where D1 was at this time but it's still lacking. Every mission should be replayable on Heroic for example. Not sure if the raid will be enough once it's out either.

I solo’d my way to DZ50 then I matchmaked in some occupied DZ groups and man you drown in loot. Seemed like every few minutes I had leveled a new DZ loot cache and stuff was dropping everywhere. Had a lot of fun too.

I’m pretty happy with my primary build designed to simply hit hard mixed with some armor/protection. I just need one specific kneepad to drop with a critical chance and/or hard hitting perk and I’m set for this loadout, then I’m gonna build a skill power loadout which should be easy considering all this loot I have stashed up, then I’ll probably worry about the 6 piece green sets.

bati

NPC Kills11,333
Top 10%

Headshots43,046
Top 3%

gW5wmZT.gif

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
My PvP stats are nonexistent. lol.

PvE:
NPC Kills: 15,340 Top 4% | Skill Kills: 3,026 Top 0.7% | Headshots: 38,717 Top 4% | Items Looted: 4,420 Top 5%

This gameplay is Nirvana for me. Slowed down a bit lately since my 10yr-old is getting me into Apex and Fortnite. My 8yr-old son loves this game. We were fighting a boss and she yells out, "Man, how much ammo do you have?!" and my son says, "A lot!" and went into his inventory and says "I have 700 bullets!" while she's blasting him and swearing. Hahaha.
---
P.S.- Wish there was a way to compare how many times I've revived my teammates. That's basically my function: LMG support/Medic. They go down, I kill 1 enemy, roll in and deploy Assault Turret while I revive, then they get the works with the M60 blindfire and spin job around cover.

Last edited:

Verdanth

What talents are you guys running?

My main ones are Berserk (played a little with Unstopabble force but I dont like it) and Patience, which is really good for generating armor in cover.

Im at 499 with 9 7 5 stats.

Last edited:
Top Bottom