• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Good thing i started downloading it on uPlay. 15min download remaining.

Steam still locked so the decryption on it should take at least equal amount of time.

BrikHog

Neo Member
So apparently I can only get my mouse buttons to work if the game is in Windowed Borderless but according to the known issues that fucks up fps, nice.

The fuck. ive been wondering whats going on with this. ill try this out next.

You had one job ubi

edit. nevermind. quit and reloaded and lmb/rmb works fine now, lol.

Put in a little over an hour (ps4) and started the medic quest first (got through first mission). Fun game so far. I got an ACOG scope right off the bat, which helps out a lot. I love the tactical nature of the game. Sadly I'm off to work to teach some math.

Have fun DivGAF, I'll seed y'all later tonight.

Just played 90 min before i had to sleep for work.
Love it so far but the one fear is lack of content.
The co-op is great though, really seamless.
Dropped in unannounced on Evolved and we ran with it through the hospital mission.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Playing PC version with a Xbox one controller and I can't shoot or change weapons any idea why?

I was enjoying it until I found the Dark Zone.

Cool idea in concept but the internet is full of dickheads its not that fun.

All people do is camp around the extraction points then shoot you in the back just as the chopper arrives and take the loot.

UbiBarbalatu [developer] 18 minutes ago

Steam Beta Access

We've noticed on the forums that some Steam players are unable to access the beta for Tom Clancy’s The Division. We are actively reaching out to Steam to resolve the issue and will keep you updated as we know more. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

good

enewtabie

Played this for like 5 hours. It's definitely for me. Guns are named proper and look correct. Gotta get used to the controls on it. DZ was a little unnerving as people walked up to me and I didn't know if I was getting shot or what. Really enjoyed it so far.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No, they would fix the influx of players with queue. This is Steam not having a set release or the release is delayed.

Its probably set to 5PM GMT release schedule. I think thats the common steam release time.

Again, what im saying is Steam dun fucked up

It seems Ubi didn't tell Valve when to unlock the game. That's not to entirely shift the blame away from Valve, though, as publishers should really be able to release games themselves instead of having to relay such requests to Valve. It's frustrating that the Steamworks Product Data frontend is far ahead of others in terms of what publishers have direct control over but Valve is such a stick in the mud when it comes to release state changes.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It seems Ubi didn't tell Valve when to unlock the game. That's not to entirely shift the blame away from Valve, though, as publishers should really be able to release games themselves instead of having to relay such requests to Valve. It's frustrating that the Steamworks Product Data frontend is far ahead of others in terms of what publishers have direct control over but Valve is such a stick in the mud when it comes to release state changes.

Yes, this would save everyone a lot of time if they just gave them the ability.

How does it work if I'm in a group of 4 and I go rogue, it automatically pits me against all 3 or can they somehow decide who do they ally with? Or are rogues always alone?
Pretty sure that the whole group is rogue if one goes.
BUG?: And was anyone else on PS4 unable to switch back to your handgun once you switched to a SMG? Tapping triangle or holding it did the same thing... just switching between my two primaries.
Double-tapping weapon switch goes from sidearm to primary/secondary (whatever was last used) and back.

2 things I wish they would add

- random players appearing in the world outside if social hubs , turn pvp off . Would be awesome to see an agent and help them out.

- add some kind of timer to dark zone so you can't hang around all day . Like every player gets 10 mins to explore . Loot and extract . Might help reduce camping .

Raytow

Not feeling the game at all, granted I only rescued the doctor, but it feels like the typical run of the mill mmo with guns instead of the usual swords and magic.

jbortz78

All people do is camp around the extraction points then shoot you in the back just as the chopper arrives and take the loot.

Again I wouldnt judge the game since its a Beta, aka i think things will change when the game is released, maybe not the first couple of days, but when people realize the penalties for being Rogue all the time for the chance of getting gear the might not need and risk losing XP and money I think things will calm down.

The balancing factor seems to be that your rogue bounty becomes so high that everyone will go for you and the cost once killed is too high to make it a regular activity. Once your stuff is stolen they will still have to successfully extract it themselves, so you do have a good shot at getting revenge and your stuff back. Once the game comes out, I doubt the ganking will be as bad when you have more of a real stake in a built-up character and DZ funds.

Ricker

2 things I wish they would add

- random players appearing in the world outside if social hubs , turn pvp off . Would be awesome to see an agent and help them out.

- add some kind of timer to dark zone so you can't hang around all day . Like every player gets 10 mins to explore . Loot and extract . Might help reduce camping .

Submit those suggestions...thats one reason for the beta :) ;)

I can confirm that the Dark zone is full of asshats. I extracted one piece of gear in the 10 attempts I made. Groups of players are just hanging around the extraction zones waiting for you to call in a chopper so they can take you down.

The balancing factor seems to be that your rogue bounty becomes so high that everyone will go for you and the cost once killed is too high to make it a regular activity. Once your stuff is stolen they will still have to successfully extract it themselves, so you do have a good shot at getting revenge and your stuff back. Once the game comes out, I doubt the ganking will be as bad when you have more of a real stake in a built-up character and DZ funds.

Yea i initially really hated the DZ, but Ive adapted to it to where Im comfortable going in..Now I literally go hunt rouge packs with other random people, and we steal their loot/get xp bonuses and head to extraction. Its actually more fun to go rouge patrol, than to actually go kill NPC's for their loot. A random and I chased this rouge to the roof top of a mall, cornered him, and gunned him down for his stolen loot without penalty, it was amazing..

danowat

Banned
I can confirm that the Dark zone is full of asshats. I extracted one piece of gear in the 10 attempts I made. Groups of players are just hanging around the extraction zones waiting for you to call in a chopper so they can take you down.

Yup, some people may find that sort of thing fun, but me?, nah, just find it frustrating, I don't have enough spare time available to waste it on stuff like that.

dumbo

As far as I can tell (AMD/freesync):
- having an FPS >60 breaks my mouse buttons. (setting the limiter to 60fps seems to have fixed it).
- having 'virtual super resolution' causes the game to initially run at 4x the normal resolution.

Definity

holy shit the ps4 version looks better and is smoother than the xo version big time. still looks good on xbox but hot damn,.

I was going to wait for digital foundry impressions but I played the xb1 version most of the day yesterday and jumped on ps4 today. Everything seems smoother and the image quality IMO is a step up from xb1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom