• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division console version possibly running at a higher framerate if you choose to

Im guessing the reason why people are against this is because they are afraid that the devs just give up on trying to maximize the performance and take the easier route and say, hey the game looks good, can we do more? sure we can but it will cost money so lets add some feature that will disable stuff to make the game run faster.

This is what I am afraid will happen. it will be abused.

TOP PAGE GIF
mmOWKrM.gif

Not played divsion beta, but after your input lag comment I am now wary of this game.

I hate laggy input controls, its up there with screen tearing as a red flag.
If you're real sensitive to it and play a lot of 60fps shooters,like I do, I would honestly wait a day and see if this setting improves it.

Hyun Sai

Many games like? I know just a bunch. Still I preferred more optimization than such solutions, if it's the only reason to have it.

Diablo 3, The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, Warframe, Bloodborne, hell even the last CoD got framerates problems. I guess there are more that can't attain a locked 30FPS (let alone 60), even without any options to improve it.

This would make the game have more responsive controls, something i really hated about the beta was the input lag it had so i hope it's what it is i think it is :)
Just to be sure, it's nowhere near the level of GTA and such ?

Diablo 3, The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, Warframe, Bloodborne, hell even the last CoD got framerates problems. I guess there are more that can't attain a locked 30FPS (let alone 60), even without any options to improve it.

Just to be sure, it's nowhere near the level of GTA and such ?
It's worse
There are a couple of video of it on YouTube. I'm on my phone so..

wildfire

Banned
Came across an article about this and I'm surprised the response on GAF hasn't been bigger than this. I remember a hhuge mess with one group trying to shut down others that devs will never offer options to choose frame rate over visual fidelity on consoles.

Well now one of the biggest publishers are doing exactly that and while this is only a babystep (what devs should be doing is allowing you to choose performance targets locked 30, locked 60 and variable 90-120) I'm glad that people will get more exposure to the potential of having better framerates.

I've seen threads where someone suggested that games should come with a single toggle between two graphics settings, one prioritizing resolution and image quality, the other framerate.

I was surprised by the number of people that screamed "NO!"

People can be real stupid. I'd definitely prefer having the choice. I rather have a kick ass frame rate over having some extra visual stuff that im not going to notice past the first five minutes any day of the week.

I also highly doubt that the difference in graphica is going to be as dramatic as some people are saying.

Top Bottom