• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division PC Options Revealed.

Kezen

Banned
I mean you can get that, but at what settings is the real question. :)

Honestly I hope a 970 won't cut it for 60fps at 1080p. Why ? Because it would mean the game is not that scalable at all.

Ideally I would want it not to be "maxable" at 1080p/60fps on any hardware at release just so it can be used as a benchmark for many years to come.

oti

Banned
I want to hit 720p/60FPS with my GTX770. Ultra HD textures aren't a priority but it shouldn't be the Second Coming of the N64 either.

Pjsprojects

Honestly I hope a 970 won't cut it for 60fps at 1080p. Why ? Because it would mean the game is not that scalable at all.

Ideally I would want it not to be "maxable" at 1080p/60fps on any hardware at release just so it can be used as a benchmark for many years to come.

A bit like Crysis 3 did. Agreed but the game like most will be mainly designed with consoles in mind.Maybe Star citizen is your calling?

Kezen

Banned
A bit like Crysis 3 did. Agreed but the game like most will be mainly designed with consoles in mind.Maybe Star citizen is your calling?
Designed with consoles is no barrier for great scalability, remember Crysis 3 which ran (badly) on any consoles and yet could make an OG Titan sweat at a resolution many said was too low for such a GPU.

I firmly believe top end developpers of today are years ahead of anything Nvidia or AMD could produce, it all comes down to ressources dedidated to the PC version really.

Of course I don't actually believe it is going to be that forward looking even at max PC settings but hopefully the PC version really crushes modern hardware, for legitimate reasons.

oti

Banned

I know some people would say I'm waisting a good PC on it but it works out for me. Don't have to think much about resolutions and I'm playing on my couch with an XBO controller anyway. I also have a cheap monitor I bought off eBay for like 20€ that does 1440 or something.

That said, next thing I'll upgrade will be the TV. They're getting cheaper every day and switching to full HD should be nice.

ViciousDS

Banned
I know some people would say I'm waisting a good PC on it but it works out for me. Don't have to think much about resolutions and I'm playing on my couch with an XBO controller anyway. I also have a cheap monitor I bought off eBay for like 20€ that does 1440 or something.

That said, next thing I'll upgrade will be the TV. They're getting cheaper every day and switching to full HD should be nice.

It's always nice to be able to hit whatever native res your TV is for sure though. I would rather play my xbox one on a monitor with a native 720p res then one with a 1080p res to remove that upscale blur.

Gaogaogao

hey man we do what we can with what we have

God. It's so damned hard to choose between this and the PS4 version. I have a feeling it's gonna look very noticeably better on PC but it just won't have the community.

Also, I'll be playing with a controller on either, and I'll get my ass kicked in the darkzone.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Of course the leaker leaks the lowest settings. Damnit the end of the month can't come soon enough.

Grief.exe

what is this wizardry you're talking about oh mighty Grief?

Rendering the game at high resolutions then downsampling the image to your native resolution is a nice way of making the game look noticeably better. Cleans up the textures and adds in some nice AA.

You can do it via custom resolutions or DSR in Nvidia CP.

God. It's so damned hard to choose between this and the PS4 version. I have a feeling it's gonna look very noticeably better on PC but it just won't have the community.

Also, I'll be playing with a controller on either, and I'll get my ass kicked in the darkzone.

This gonna be you in the Dark Zone. I'm pretty sure he hits two shots out of that entire mag.

24257899232_0161f66a72_o.gif

oti

Banned

Yeah, that too. Maybe I'll get it for PS4 first. Play with my friends at launch and see how much fun they'll have. If they abandon ship after a few weeks I could sell my PS4 copy and buy the PC version for a lower price.

Kiant

Plus it's a LOT cheaper on PC and with all these options, I have a feeling this might be a good port.

Shame all my friends play on PS4 :/, least I will be able to ogle at the PC screens in the OT.

squidyj

I think I'm going to set up an amazon preorder of the PC version adn try out the beta for that and then I'll be better equipped to know what version I want to spend my time playing.

Lingitiz

Same exact dilemma for me too. I'd rather go PC but I don't have faith the community will stick, and playing on controller in PC game is a death sentence.

Grief.exe

Same exact dilemma for me too. I'd rather go PC but I don't have faith the community will stick, and playing on controller in PC game is a death sentence.

I doubt community will be an issue with this release as it appeals to several popular mechanics of the demographic, loot-based games (Borderlands, Diablo, etc are extremely popular) and an MMO-lite which are extremely popular on the platform.

Communities that falter lately such as Titanfall and Battlefront are games targeted at the mainstream with low skill-ceilings, tend to get left behind by the community. On top of that, Battlefront is just a terrible value proposition.

You probably won't get your ass kicked. If it's not a twich shooter or where headshots really matter there's barely any advantage if any. I play most PC games with a controller when they are supported.

Animator

This is not CSGO dude. I will be playing with a controller on PC.

I also don't get the "community" concerns. I have yet to play a game on PC where the community died unless it was a real shit game that deserved to die like Brink. If anything PC communities are way longer lasting than consoles.

From what I expect medium and high settings to look like, console versions still have stuff like the snow, volumetric fog, reflections etc.

I can already tell you the shadow resolution from spotlights is 512X512 from the xb1 footage. If that is not "low"... I would be very surprised.

Setsuna

This is not CSGO dude. I will be playing with a controller on PC.

I also don't get the "community" concerns. I have yet to play a game on PC where the community died unless it was a real shit game that deserved to die like Brink. If anything PC communities are way longer lasting than consoles.

As of 3 days ago People still play watch dogs free roam

Which I find hilarious since they dont enable friendly fire

Adry9

Holy crap, I usually like to tweak each setting individually but I don't even know what half of those do O.O Hoping for a nvidia graphics guide, those are awesome.

If Ubisoft actually makes it run nicely on PC (don't have a lot of experience with their games, but I don't hear good things) then I may buy this one if it's fun. Still don't really know what it is though.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It's a ubisoft game so it's guaranteed to be optimized poorly in at least one or two areas. Black Flag still doesn't run well maxed out at 1080p on a 980Ti, Far Cry 4 had some problems too, especially with PCSS. Syndicate was decent. I hope I can max it out at 1080p but who knows.

Top Bottom