• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division survey asks about new Survival mode, potential sequel locations

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
From this survey: https://ubisoft.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5zNb71bKrLn2pRb

Question 3 implies that they probably haven't gotten very far on making The Division 2 as it stands, given they haven't even decided on a city, so there will probably be quite a bit more Division 1 content coming.

Survey Question 1:

How interested would you be in a "Last Man Standing" mode for Survival? (i.e Battle Royale, Hunger Games... Only one player can win and remain alive at the end of the game)

Survey Question 2:

How interested would you be in reading series of novels around the universe of Tom Clancy's The Division?

Survey Question 3:

Where should Tom Clancy's The Division bring you in the future?

New city (continuation of the story)
New York City (continuation of the story)
New city (during the current events of The Division in New York City)
New city (different period of time)

From this survey: https://ubisoft.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5zNb71bKrLn2pRb

Question 3 implies that they probably haven't gotten very far on making The Division 2 as it stands, given they haven't even decided on a city, so there will probably be quite a bit more Division 1 content coming.

Survey Question 1:

Survey Question 2:

Survey Question 3:

I've been saying The Division should of had survival and battle royal from the start. The Battle Royal style is popular with the PC crowd with games like H1Z1 and Arc. It would be cool to have a proper game without having to deal with all the jank.

mollipen

Going to fill this out later so I can tell them how stupid it was to not randomize loot placement in Survival. Seriously, how did they not think of that?

Also, nobody better complain about the winter-only setting! Don't take away one of my few joys in life.

ironcreed

Banned
The only thing I am interested in is making the enemies not be bullet sponges that just walk right up to you and lay you to waste as you empty 5 clips into them. I loved the game up until it reached a point where this was so ridiculous that I just dropped it. I tried it again a few times after this was supposed to be fixed as well, but its the same shit.

Deadman92

Banned
Ubisoft is the worse game developers in the entire industry. Every AAA TITLE they create is either a straight rip off of another game or just souless.

KodaRuss

I recently tried to start playing again to try and get back into it.

Day 2 I remembered why the game really sucks. Enemy health is just fucking ridiculous at times. Sponges, Sponges everywhere...

I hope they look at this because it is just boring as fuck unloading 2+ clips into a human enemy and you still have 3 quarters of their shield to take down.

When they first announced the Survival mode, I thought it was going to be last man standing, or at least have that as an optional sub-mode. I imagine it's only a matter of time until they bring that in.

ironcreed

Banned
Alaska would be neat. Beautiful, but deadly due to the elements and wildlife. Why it has not been used in more games is beyond me.

Seems the Hunger Games/survival genre is kicking into high gear after the popularity of H1Z1. Id be interested in something where the virus is taking over the city and youre pitted against other agents to be the last man standing

This franchise sucks

Ubisoft is the worse game developers in the entire industry. Every AAA TITLE they create is either a straight rip off of another game or just souless.

Stellar contribution.

ironcreed

Banned
I recently tried to start playing again to try and get back into it.

Day 2 I remembered why the game really sucks. Enemy health is just fucking ridiculous at times. Sponges, Sponges everywhere...

I hope they look at this because it is just boring as fuck unloading 2+ clips into a human enemy and you still have 3 quarters of their shield to take down.

And it is not just that they are sponges. They bum rush your ass with their huge health bars and either kill you or force you to leave cover and constantly run and get shot doing so. It's ridiculous.

Hahs

Let's see how far Aaron Keener got with the dollar flu; how far did it reach ... New Hampshire, Massachusetts?
Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio - or perhaps the beautiful west coast is his next target...just whatever Ubi does - Don't sequel in NY, sick of the snow (or at least change the season) :p

KodaRuss

And it is not just that they are sponges. They bum rush your ass with their huge health bars and either kill you or force you to leave cover and constantly run and get shot doing so. It's ridiculous.

Yep, just having to constantly kite them around forever and hope they dont get that great shot that takes you to DBNO when you still had two bars of health left.

I was asked these survey questions a long time ago. Around the same time that the first update hit (with the shitty APC mission).

I don't normally do surveys, but I think I gave it a pretty snarky/shitty response since it happened a couple of days after I'd sold the game.

I think they'll have a hard time with a sequel. The story was terrible and same shit, different city, won't cut it.

ironcreed

Banned
Yep, just having to constantly kite them around forever and hope they dont get that great shot that takes you to DBNO when you still had two bars of health left.

You got it. And its a shame, as I actually do enjoy the game and keep trying to get back into it. But stuff like this just drives me up the wall.

Lanrutcon

Just... why?

Unsure why you're confused.

I would like to shoot baddies without latency issues. This is going to blow your mind, but there was a time when playing alone didn't require the internet, and games were able to differentiate between a local and an online saved game.

99% of my Division playtime was done alone, and I love the game.

nynt9

Unsure why you're confused.

I would like to shoot baddies without latency issues. This is going to blow your mind, but there was a time when playing alone didn't require the internet, and games were able to differentiate between a local and an online saved game.

99% of my Division playtime was done alone, and I love the game.

This is going to blow your mind, but many people enjoy playing with others and having other players be around in the world to give it a sense of livelihood.

If you don't want an MMO, maybe don't play an MMO.

BLCKATK

Part of what makes Survival cool is the fact that there isn't a "Last Man Standing" mode and you can actually benefit from teaming up with other players. Too bad everyone's first thought is "shoot to kill" though. There is absolutely benefit from teaming up, sharing supplies, and achieving victory as a group.

It's honestly inevitable that they will implement a Last Man Standing mode due to how popular that game type is, I just hope the original Survival Mode stays intact and still gets some player traffic.

Lanrutcon

This is going to blow your mind, but many people enjoy playing with others and having other players be around in the world to give it a sense of livelihood.

If you don't want an MMO, maybe don't play an MMO.

You're special, I'll give you that.

If you read my post, you'd see that what I'm asking doesn't interfere with your playing in any way, shape or form. You get your 4 man notsomassiveMO, and I get to chill with my offline dude when the servers are having a fit again. Win win.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
To enlighten
Shitposting is the worst way to "enlighten" people, especially when it's full of fud, in terms of triple A they're one of the most unique devs around, pray tell, what was AC ripping off in 2007 when most shooters were about shooting brown people? In an era where most high profile shooters are based on sci-fi what is The Division ripping off? In an era whee most MP games are shooters what's a game like For Honor ripping off?

Deadman92

Banned
Seems the Hunger Games/survival genre is kicking into high gear after the popularity of H1Z1. Id be interested in something where the virus is taking over the city and youre pitted against other agents to be the last man standing

Stellar contribution.

Yes, because Ubisoft lies to everyone time and time again on producing complete experiences and yet everyone continues to give them a pass. What makes this time any different? They don't listen to us, because if they did a concept like assassins creed, watchdogs, along with with this wouldn't come out pure shit.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I would buy a standalone $60 Battle Royale game if they add more depth and leaderboard / ranking to the Survival that already exist.

It needs more meat to it.

ironcreed

Banned
Shitposting is the worst way to "enlighten" people, especially when it's full of fud, in terms of triple A they're one of the most unique devs around, pray tell, what was AC ripping off in 2007 when most shooters were about shooting brown people? In an era where most high profile shooters are based on sci-fi what is The Division ripping off? In an era whee most MP games are shooters what's a game like For Honor ripping off?

Speaking for myself, Ubi is probably my favorite publisher right now in terms of their own in house development. And I don't hate The Division. I just hate the way some of the encounters are structured. It's actually a fun as hell game.

Deadman92

Banned

Its facts Assasins Creed 3 insulted every humans intelligence, explain watchdogs homie, just dance my dude..the division was myopic, and naughty dog does innovation better...did I lie?

This survey look similar to the one i filled 3 months after the release. ( was quite a big survey )

It's sad that they are still looking for feedback when since then , they should have plenty

it's good that they are taking feedback however

ironcreed

Banned
Its facts Assasins Creed 3 insulted every humans intelligence, explain watchdogs homie, just dance my dude..the division was myopic, and naughty dog does innovation better...did I lie?

tumblr_m04c8sJjK61qzlvmi.gif

KJRS_1993

This franchise sucks

Zzzzzzz. What an absolute waste of time.

The Division was very good, I think it would have gone much, much further if the end game wasn't as dreadful as it was. The endgame was the making of Destiny and the breaking of the Division.

Definitely interested in a sequel, moving away from America would be nice though. It's a setting we see way too much of.

Deadman92

Banned
I didnt mean to offend anyone but I'll leave on this note. The videogame industry needs pressure because right now more and more developers don't give a fuck about legacy when money is so much easier to obtain. Ubisoft is receiving my axe because they're one of the richest studios in the industry and started a very ugly trend of creating empty sequels. For example, why did we get 6 assassin creeds? Watchdogs 2 was created for us to forget 1 ever existed and I'm pretty sure a division sequel is going to follow a similar trend. I hope to be wrong but history, which should always be respected, has proven a consistent inconsistency. Ubisoft with all that money hasn't created definitive ground breaking experience since Rayman. Don't worry Ubi fans I got words for square, EA, 2k, and activsion.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I didnt mean to offend anyone but I'll leave on this note. The videogame industry needs pressure because right now more and more developers don't give a fuck about legacy when money is so much easier to obtain. Ubisoft is receiving my axe because they're one of the richest studios in the industry and started a very ugly trend of creating empty sequels. For example, why did we get 6 assassin creeds? Watchdogs 2 was created for us to forget 1 ever existed and I'm pretty sure a division sequel is going to follow a similar trend. I hope to be wrong but history, which should always be respected, has proven a consistent inconsistency. Ubisoft with all that money hasn't created definitive ground breaking experience since Rayman. Don't worry Ubi fans I got words for square, EA, 2k, and activsion.
Making a game isn't solely about making a legacy. Wtf? Also lol at the bolded. Maybe find another thread to complain about a company instead of a completely unrelated one about possible locations and game modes for a sequel to one of last year's biggest games.

Kickdrum

Neo Member
Id like something with a larger map? Whether it be a city like New York with all its burrows bowever .... My biggest beef with Division was the PVP.

That needs fixing . Anyone interested in the Dark Zone gets wrecked by uber elite Trolls. Im not completely opposed to Open World PVP zones but Get rid of the "stealing gear off a my dead corpse" & Make the PVP area much much bigger so running into roaming bands of trolls is less uncommon than common.

Top Bottom