• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division's game breaking bug has locked players out of their account for a week

Saw this over at /r/games

Among it's many bugs, has been this nasty one that locks players out of their account completely: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...ers_are_getting_locked_out_of_their_accounts/

It's server side issue that causes Infinite Connecting screen and your game is now completely broken with no fix/resolution in sight. No official response from Massive or PSA about it, after a lot of users attempts to get support through tickets/official forums. Some service reps have said they have passed it on but not much recourse for players not being able to play for over a week or since launch.

Massive is ignoring it for the most part and it's unacceptable.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1409333-Stuck-on-quot-Connecting-quot-Screen http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...nt-connect-until-Ubisoft-addresses-data-issue

Back to playing good games I guess

ISOM

I couldn't get into my base. The doors were literally locked together, so I turned it off. Hopefully when I log back on they are open.

Deku Tree

I've heard about this on reddit and in the OT. I wonder how many players are actually affected and why Massive hasn't made a comment about it. Made me nervous to go into the DarkZone.

Aselith

This might have happened to me. I got stuck on the logging in screen after getting a Delta error earlier. I just said fuck it and went to play something else.

Tesseract

Banned
tqZm14R.gif

GmK

Neo Member
Whilst the issue sucks badly, it isn't quite true that Massive has been quiet about it:

- It's in the official list of known issues
- They have stated that they are working on a tool to repair individual players inventories. They do not have one yet that enables them to do so, and have to factor in the time of the tooling process.
- The community managers have stated a few times on the official streams that the team is aware and working on it

EDIT: And they now have an official thread as well: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...g-Crafting?p=11515989&viewfull=1#post11515989

In general:
The issue seems to come from backpacks with a high inventory size, and people filling that inventory to the max followed by either

1. Switching to a backpack with a smaller inventory size followed by logging off / joining a group (which requires a reload of stuff)
2. Taking off weapon mods which push over the inventory limit, making the inventory glitch out

mclem

Just to clarify, does the title mean that players who suffer from the bug come back in a week and everything's fine (Perhaps tied to server maintenance or something?), or that they're locked out indefinitely and it was first exhibited a week ago?

When a game's this new, either interpretation could be the case.

Deku Tree

Just to clarify, does the title mean that players who suffer from the bug come back in a week and everything's fine (Perhaps tied to server maintenance or something?), or that they're locked out indefinitely and it was first exhibited a week ago?

When a game's this new, either interpretation could be the case.

Some people have been able to fix the problem by logging out and logging back in. Other people have been completely locked out of their accounts for a week or more.

CHC

Whilst the issue sucks badly, it isn't quite true that Massive has been quiet about it:

- It's in the official list of known issues
- They have stated that they are working on a tool to repair individual players inventories. They do not have one yet that enables them to do so, and have to factor in the time of the tooling process.
- The community managers have stated a few times on the official streams that the team is aware and working on it

EDIT: And they now have an official thread as well: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...g-Crafting?p=11515989&viewfull=1#post11515989

In general:
The issue seems to come from backpacks with a high inventory size, and people filling that inventory to the max followed by either

1. Switching to a backpack with a smaller inventory size followed by logging off / joining a group (which requires a reload of stuff)
2. Taking off weapon mods which push over the inventory limit, making the inventory glitch out

Truth - thank you. This bug isn't new and they have talked about it a number of times.

Also it might help to actually say what the bug actually IS in the OP (i.e. how it's triggered).

nasty sounding bug, reminds me of a similar glitch I had in never winter where I tried to load into an area and it would always fail and try to Load me into a non exsistant zone, repeat repeat repeat.

I know a tool and fix has to be made for this division glitch but being locked out of the game like this is something that would really make me move on to something else and not look back.

in fact I had to restart my xenoverse character after permanently deleting super Saiyan skills and not being able to rebuy then, it was really stupid and I doubt it's been fixed since it was in the latest patch months ago.

Top Bottom