• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clickbait Cringe The DMT Thread.

daemissary

Nov 19, 2011
I really want to try it. I have never seen or heard of anyone that has it in real life. I know you could “make” it but, no.

Like, as someone in the Midwest how am I supposed to even find the stuff?

I wish all drugs were legal.
I’ve been curious too so I looked and DMT is actually particularly hard to get in the US in my experience. I may or may not microdose LSD and I may or may not have 3 different online labs for research chemicals that I use to source it and all of those places explicitly state that they will not ship DMT to the US.

There must be a greater penalty or something for tryptamine class drugs?

laser_printer

Dec 10, 2019
Sactown
When you took it, did you already hear beforehand that "everyone experiences the same thing"?

I'm wondering if this is a common experience because everyone says so, and thus sees the same thing because they expect the same thing and generate it themselves.
I've heard that some people experience the same things but I never went digging. What I can say is that with the drawings I drew and experiences I wrote down that I'm shocked at how many people describe things I saw like the folding rooms, the entity hyperspace circus, the "waiting area," the gatekeeper and ominous guiding voice.

Overall, would I say try it? Maybe once. But I wouldn't be lying if I said I much prefer if people stayed away from it, DMT showed me the harsh reality of using substances to "gain knowledge/insight" or even just for fun. Don't do it, folks.

I’ve been curious too so I looked and DMT is actually particularly hard to get in the US in my experience. I may or may not microdose LSD and I may or may not have 3 different online labs for research chemicals that I use to source it and all of those places explicitly state that they will not ship DMT to the US.

There must be a greater penalty or something for tryptamine class drugs?
Not any worse than any other schedule 1 drug.

Last edited:

Stiflers Mom

Apr 27, 2012
When you took it, did you already hear beforehand that "everyone experiences the same thing"?

I'm wondering if this is a common experience because everyone says so, and thus sees the same thing because they expect the same thing and generate it themselves.
Good point.
But, while I knew some reports about what might happen, I didn't really what they meant until I experienced it myself.

If you look at DMT art (just google image search for it), where people try to create images of how a DMT experience is supposed to look like, you will see incredibly different stuff.

Some of these come ->in my opinion<- a bit near to that what I experienced, others feel very different.

In the end, nothing can prepare you for what really happens. But when talking about it, people seem to have experienced similar things, it's just incredibly difficult to describe the undescribable.

I'm shocked at how many people describe things I saw like the folding rooms, the entity hyperspace circus, the "waiting area," the gatekeeper and ominous guiding voice.
Yep, this also..
i would have described these things differently, but I can understand the concepts translate to what I have experienced.

Last edited:
Reactions: laser_printer

Kev Kev

Oct 25, 2012
Daytona Beach, FL
how long do these trips last??
minutes

but from what I understand, and have experienced with other hallucinogens myself, is that it can feel like hours, days or even years.

but it’s in the sense that a dream can feel like hours, days or years but as soon as you wake up you know it’s only been minutes... but you’re still amazed it was so quick bc while you were in it you felt like it lasted ages

I dunno I’ve never done DMT but that’s what I’ve heard and exactly what I’ve experienced on salvia and shrooms and even DXM to a degree

mcjmetroid

Feb 11, 2019
Limerick, Ireland
I cant do trips, they don't agree with me I tend to go widely down a bad road and get very paranoid. Not that I act out but stay completely silent. Not fun for me.

I am jealous of those that can enjoy them properly though. I don't take much anymore just smoke weed and hash now ocassionaly.

Stiflers Mom

Apr 27, 2012
how long do these trips last??
Depends on the dosage.

Around 15 to 25 mg I'd say it's around 3 to 6 minutes.
With the breakthrough dosage, that was around 50 mg. Hard to say how long I have been in DMT space, since I didn't want to open my eyes for a long time (around a further 20 minutes said the clock) when I was in that "black void" afterwards, but I guess main time was around 10 minutes there.

Great thing about DMT is, your body completely absorbs it after a few minutes. There is literally nothing left of the hallucinogenic effect afterwards, and you can go on your normal life as if nothing happened. Well, apart from some psychological effects depending on what you experienced, off course..

Warning, though: this is NOT a recreational drug. Only do this, if you are really really searching for something.

Warning 2: Don't do it as your first time hallucinogenic drug. Try some shrooms before.

Last edited:

Swauny Jones

Oct 30, 2013
Depends on the dosage.

Around 15 to 25 mg I'd say it's around 3 to 6 minutes.
With the breakthrough dosage, that was around 50 mg. Hard to say how long I have been in DMT space, since I didn't want to open my eyes for a long time (around a further 20 minutes said the clock) when I was in that "black void" afterwards, but I guess main time was around 10 minutes there.

Great thing about DMT is, your body completely absorbs it after a few minutes. There is literally nothing left of the hallucinogenic effect afterwards, and you can go on your normal life as if nothing happened. Well, apart from some psychological effects depending on what you experienced, off course..

Warning, though: this is NOT a recreational drug. Only do this, if you are really really searching for something.

Warning 2: Don't do it as your first time hallucinogenic drug. Try some shrooms before.

Love the disclaimer at the end LOL!!! Any other precautions I should take??

epicnemesis

May 9, 2008
I am in my thirties, I have never had more than a sip of alcohol (champagne toast at testing, literally setting my lips out of politeness), I’ve never smoked a thing in my life, I took adderal back in school (diagnoased with add in the 8th grade and used throughout high school and as needed in college).

That’s my exposure to drugs. DayQuil hits me like a truck because my tolerance is so low.

I’m dying to do DMT and explore myself/whatever that realm is on the other side but I’m afraid of how I’d react to something so strong given my lack of tolerance.