• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The DMT Thread.

daemissary

I really want to try it. I have never seen or heard of anyone that has it in real life. I know you could “make” it but, no.

Like, as someone in the Midwest how am I supposed to even find the stuff?

I wish all drugs were legal.

I’ve been curious too so I looked and DMT is actually particularly hard to get in the US in my experience. I may or may not microdose LSD and I may or may not have 3 different online labs for research chemicals that I use to source it and all of those places explicitly state that they will not ship DMT to the US.

There must be a greater penalty or something for tryptamine class drugs?

Blond

Banned
When you took it, did you already hear beforehand that "everyone experiences the same thing"?

I'm wondering if this is a common experience because everyone says so, and thus sees the same thing because they expect the same thing and generate it themselves.

I've heard that some people experience the same things but I never went digging. What I can say is that with the drawings I drew and experiences I wrote down that I'm shocked at how many people describe things I saw like the folding rooms, the entity hyperspace circus, the "waiting area," the gatekeeper and ominous guiding voice.

Overall, would I say try it? Maybe once. But I wouldn't be lying if I said I much prefer if people stayed away from it, DMT showed me the harsh reality of using substances to "gain knowledge/insight" or even just for fun. Don't do it, folks.

I’ve been curious too so I looked and DMT is actually particularly hard to get in the US in my experience. I may or may not microdose LSD and I may or may not have 3 different online labs for research chemicals that I use to source it and all of those places explicitly state that they will not ship DMT to the US.

There must be a greater penalty or something for tryptamine class drugs?

Not any worse than any other schedule 1 drug.

Last edited:
When you took it, did you already hear beforehand that "everyone experiences the same thing"?

I'm wondering if this is a common experience because everyone says so, and thus sees the same thing because they expect the same thing and generate it themselves.
Good point.
But, while I knew some reports about what might happen, I didn't really what they meant until I experienced it myself.

If you look at DMT art (just google image search for it), where people try to create images of how a DMT experience is supposed to look like, you will see incredibly different stuff.

Some of these come ->in my opinion<- a bit near to that what I experienced, others feel very different.

In the end, nothing can prepare you for what really happens. But when talking about it, people seem to have experienced similar things, it's just incredibly difficult to describe the undescribable.

I'm shocked at how many people describe things I saw like the folding rooms, the entity hyperspace circus, the "waiting area," the gatekeeper and ominous guiding voice.
Yep, this also..
i would have described these things differently, but I can understand the concepts translate to what I have experienced.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

how long do these trips last??

minutes

but from what I understand, and have experienced with other hallucinogens myself, is that it can feel like hours, days or even years.

but it’s in the sense that a dream can feel like hours, days or years but as soon as you wake up you know it’s only been minutes... but you’re still amazed it was so quick bc while you were in it you felt like it lasted ages

I dunno I’ve never done DMT but that’s what I’ve heard and exactly what I’ve experienced on salvia and shrooms and even DXM to a degree

mcjmetroid

I cant do trips, they don't agree with me I tend to go widely down a bad road and get very paranoid. Not that I act out but stay completely silent. Not fun for me.

I am jealous of those that can enjoy them properly though. I don't take much anymore just smoke weed and hash now ocassionaly.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I don't use drugs. I only use alcohol and tobacco.

CmFFbo9.jpg

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
You got to respect people who have done DMT, one of the most powerful drugs in history.

how long do these trips last??
Depends on the dosage.

Around 15 to 25 mg I'd say it's around 3 to 6 minutes.
With the breakthrough dosage, that was around 50 mg. Hard to say how long I have been in DMT space, since I didn't want to open my eyes for a long time (around a further 20 minutes said the clock) when I was in that "black void" afterwards, but I guess main time was around 10 minutes there.

Great thing about DMT is, your body completely absorbs it after a few minutes. There is literally nothing left of the hallucinogenic effect afterwards, and you can go on your normal life as if nothing happened. Well, apart from some psychological effects depending on what you experienced, off course..

Warning, though: this is NOT a recreational drug. Only do this, if you are really really searching for something.

Warning 2: Don't do it as your first time hallucinogenic drug. Try some shrooms before.

Last edited:
Depends on the dosage.

Around 15 to 25 mg I'd say it's around 3 to 6 minutes.
With the breakthrough dosage, that was around 50 mg. Hard to say how long I have been in DMT space, since I didn't want to open my eyes for a long time (around a further 20 minutes said the clock) when I was in that "black void" afterwards, but I guess main time was around 10 minutes there.

Great thing about DMT is, your body completely absorbs it after a few minutes. There is literally nothing left of the hallucinogenic effect afterwards, and you can go on your normal life as if nothing happened. Well, apart from some psychological effects depending on what you experienced, off course..

Warning, though: this is NOT a recreational drug. Only do this, if you are really really searching for something.

Warning 2: Don't do it as your first time hallucinogenic drug. Try some shrooms before.

Love the disclaimer at the end LOL!!! Any other precautions I should take??

epicnemesis

I am in my thirties, I have never had more than a sip of alcohol (champagne toast at testing, literally setting my lips out of politeness), I’ve never smoked a thing in my life, I took adderal back in school (diagnoased with add in the 8th grade and used throughout high school and as needed in college).

That’s my exposure to drugs. DayQuil hits me like a truck because my tolerance is so low.

I’m dying to do DMT and explore myself/whatever that realm is on the other side but I’m afraid of how I’d react to something so strong given my lack of tolerance.

I am in my thirties, I have never had more than a sip of alcohol (champagne toast at testing, literally setting my lips out of politeness), I’ve never smoked a thing in my life, I took adderal back in school (diagnoased with add in the 8th grade and used throughout high school and as needed in college).

That’s my exposure to drugs. DayQuil hits me like a truck because my tolerance is so low.

I’m dying to do DMT and explore myself/whatever that realm is on the other side but I’m afraid of how I’d react to something so strong given my lack of tolerance.
Just found this thread. I love the introspective aspect of psychedelics in general. But anyways, did you ever do it?! If so, how was your experience? I didn't care for DMT the few times I've tried it. I prefer shrooms and acid by a ten fold. DMT in the other hand, is comparable to a high dose of salvia, at least to me.

Last edited:

epicnemesis

Just found this thread. I love the introspective aspect of psychedelics in general. But anyways, did you ever do it?! If so, how was your experience? I didn't care for DMT the few times I've tried it. I prefer shrooms and acid by a ten fold. DMT in the other hand, is comparable to a high dose of salvia, at least to me.
Nope. I’m a giant pussy. Also I wouldn’t even know where to start when it comes to finding natural dmt. I have a daughter so I’m not fucking with synthetic.

Nope. I’m a giant pussy. Also I wouldn’t even know where to start when it comes to finding natural dmt. I have a daughter so I’m not fucking with synthetic.
There are some ways to naturally extract it on YouTube if interested. Not sure if I can link or even talk about it. But there are definitely guides on reddit, YouTube, forums, etc. But as others have said, only if you are truly ready. There are many things to consider before doing it.

Keihart

I haven't done any drugs apart from sugar, lol. But i'm always curious at all the inter-workings of this stuff. Apparently synthetic it's the faster trip, probably safer because you come down faster too. Ayahuasca and Peyote which are the natural ones are said to last longer and give you a more gradual experience.
Anyway, i've also read that there is some chance of triggering long term side effects too, like paranoia and hallucinations and a bunch of other shit.

I haven't done any drugs apart from sugar, lol. But i'm always curious at all the inter-workings of this stuff. Apparently synthetic it's the faster trip, probably safer because you come down faster too. Ayahuasca and Peyote which are the natural ones are said to last longer and give you a more gradual experience.
Anyway, i've also read that there is some chance of triggering long term side effects too, like paranoia and hallucinations and a bunch of other shit.
I prefer the longer more gradual ride, which is why I didn't care for DMT compared to other psychedelics. You don't retain as much from the trip, because it's so intense, which kinda defeats the introspective part about it. But holy shit is it intense.

Sometimes I prefer shrooms to lemon-tek just for that reason alone.

I have regularly used LSD and shrooms when I was in my early twenties.
Each and every time I was a bit scared by the long running time. I worried I will stay like this, and will never come back.

DMT on the other hand is so immediate and wholesome, but on the other hand it releases you into your normal world again after a few minutes before you could even start to think about being scared of being held there, because you are too busy watching weird shit in hyperspace.

I really really love this drug.

That said, I haven't done DMT for a year now.

Last edited:
I have regularly used LSD and shrooms when I was in my early twenties.
Each and every time I was a bit scared by the long running time. I worried I will stay like this, and will never come back.

DMT on the other hand is so immediate and wholesome, but on the other hand it releases you into your normal world again after a few minutes before you could even start to think about being scared of being held there, because you are too busy watching weird shit in hyperspace.

I really really love this drug.

That said, I haven't done DMT for a year now.
Not gonna lie, that feeling of timelapses and not leaving that mindset can be a daunting feeling. One time I tried 2cp, and I thought I would never come down because it lasted around ~20 hours long. It went from 2 hours of bliss to 10 hours of straight hell, then several hours to come down. Once you get some really good sleep and come back out of it, you realize super long trips can be extremely exhausting.

Not gonna lie, that feeling of timelapses and not leaving that mindset can be a daunting feeling. One time I tried 2cp, and I thought I would never come down because it lasted around ~20 hours long. It went from 2 hours of bliss to 10 hours of straight hell, then several hours to come down. Once you get some really good sleep and come back out of it, you realize super long trips can be extremely exhausting.
Yep, that feeling of exhaustion was too much for me in the end with LSD.

I remember my last full blown trip which was in may 1995. Went wandering around the countryside and through forests and along a river with a friend.
I needed three days after that to "feel normal enough" again to be able to go back to work.
After that, I took some small doses of LSD, but no real day long trip experience again anymore for me.

deafmedal

I’d like to try DMT eventually but never came across it. I have done acid many, many times and have enjoyed shrooms several times as well. I absolutely adore psychedelics and would also love to try peyote/mescaline. I actually prefer long trips, the past few times I’ve taken acid I wish the trip would have been longer but (either due to my tolerance or the acid itself) only affected me for about 6-8 hours. Long, I know, when compared to a DMT experience but I’d like to experience a nice 12-16 hour trip again.

That said, shit ain’t for everyone and a good amount of research and preparation can be essential when taking these mind altering substances. While good times can be had ego death is quite terrifying and an unexpected ‘bad trip’ can have profound effects on a person.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I haven't done DMT but I have done other psychedelics and there's a lot of really interesting brain science behind why and how they work. I do believe they can open avenues to healing and self reflection that are closed to the adult brain otherwise.

down 2 orth

I've broken through 4 times and the experience the first 3 times was amazing, 4th time shattered and broke my ego, destroyed everything about who I was and the entities made it clear that I'm no longer allowed back. Because of that experience shattering everything I was it took a month to "put myself together" and I'm completely sober now.

Were you better off for having experienced that?

I have to say, I'm a bit curious to meet the elves...

timeflais

Banned
100,000 years in a space prison is long enough

and when you come back, you don't ever come back
There is a lot you can learn from the Matrix.

Do you know what you begin to find when you follow the white rabbit? Do you know what it looks like?

Revoh

I did LSD once, it was aight. I did it on a beautiful Saturday afternoon out in the woods, I felt connected to nature in a more profound way, but I didn't see any surreal visual shit like things melting or changing form, etc

Would do it again tho

Blond

Banned
Were you better off for having experienced that?

I have to say, I'm a bit curious to meet the elves...

100%

It took a while but I have to say I've turned around a lot in my personal life.

I do Yoga almost daily, I ride my bike several times a week, I stopped taking anti depressants, my gaming time is nearly non-existent, I've lost a bunch of weight. I dropped a lot of my "loser" thoughts and started persuing my education and other outside interest which have led me to be a much more content person in my personal life.

If these feelings are what people say are "PTSD enducing" I think they just weren't ready for the hard unforgiving look at themselves.

down 2 orth

100%

It took a while but I have to say I've turned around a lot in my personal life.

I do Yoga almost daily, I ride my bike several times a week, I stopped taking anti depressants, my gaming time is nearly non-existent, I've lost a bunch of weight. I dropped a lot of my "loser" thoughts and started persuing my education and other outside interest which have led me to be a much more content person in my personal life.

If these feelings are what people say are "PTSD enducing" I think they just weren't ready for the hard unforgiving look at themselves.

Damn dude, congrats on empowering yourself to such a great extent. And thanks for sharing your story as well. I'm 100% intent on trying DMT now.

Top Bottom