• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The dog who wouldn't die is now recovering

Status
Not open for further replies.

rouken

543330_487987374585072_572109930_n.jpg

‘Dog who wouldn’t die’ recovering after Facebook campaign

A dog found shot in the head and face with a pellet gun, stuffed in a garbage bag and left to die is recovering from his injuries at an animal clinic in Texas. And it's thanks, in part, to a Facebook campaign launched to help pay for his veterinary bills.

The bag containing the 3-year-old male mixed breed was discovered tied to a fence in Conroe, Texas, earlier this month. When local residents opened the bag, the dog emerged, took a few steps and collapsed, according to the Montgomery County Police Reporter.

The dog was covered in blood, said neighbor Tami Augustyn, leading her to believe he was a "bait dog"—or a dog used by fight dogs for practice.

Augustyn rushed the dog to an emergency animal clinic, where he was treated for multiple bird-shot pellets to the face, eyes, mouth, neck and shoulders, and hypothermia from being left outside overnight.

The pooch was stabilized, but according to Dr. Ron Hendrick, a vet at the Animal Emergency Clinic of Conroe, pellets remain in both eyes and it's unclear whether the dog—nicknamed Buck—was left permanently blind.

A Facebook page, Buck Needs Bucks for his Buckshot Injuries, launched last week by Augustyn to help pay for the dog's estimated $5,000 in medical bills, has attracted nearly 7,000 "likes" and, according to its creator, already more than enough donations to pay for his treatment.

740260_488588344524975_1158293014_o.jpg

602884_489060674477742_404724407_n.jpg

More pics on facebook

people nowadays :(

I really hate people sometimes. If you're looking for a cause to put your donations toward this year, this isn't a bad choice. Or any animal shelter/rescue, really.

Mr Swine

Banned
Why, why to all this to a dog or animal? :(( what kind of sick people think this is even remotely funny or awesome to do?

J-Rzez

Just saw this and will donate tomorrow since it seems treatments will be on going?

I really hate some people. Unfortunately our justice system won't properly administer proper punishment if these people/person is found. This is something that has to be looked over and revised, as this is a horrible act. And there's even worse acts than this.

Why couldn't I hit that massive powerball jackpot? So much of my donations would've went to shelters and the sort.

people nowadays :(

Bullshit.

Coming from a rural and mostly farmer dominated mountain village, I can tell you that most people nowadays treat their animals a lot better than they used to. Even those old farmers that used to kick their dogs and drown cats in cow piss have started to treat them better (allthough I believe that's just so they don't scare away tourists)

Still, this story is absolutely disgusting, and heartwarming at the same time. Things are getting better, and the facebook campaign in this case is a clear sign of that.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm glad he's recovering, good on everyone who helped. What happened to him makes me sick and seeing those pictures gets me angry and happy at the same time.

red731

WHAT THE F! I really do hate some people. Who can do this? What sadistic bastard without family that doesn't teach him anything can do this?

I am glad that it enden how it ended, but man, shooting some living animal in the face is just bloodpumpingrageinducing.

Also, bait dog? WHAT

Kammie

That Youtube video was really moving in spite of the lack of sensationalism.

I hope he pulls through and isn't left blind. With the use of the internet, I would expect someone to adopt him and give him a good home.

Feature

Banned
I would have no problem shooting the person who did this in the face with any type of gun. But probably would torture him first. Fuck I wish it was okay to murder people like that without consequence.

Sorry but animal abuse makes me rage more than anything else. Yes even human abuse.

red731

Mmhm.

As I understand it, dogs that don't demonstrate the right fighting dog attitude and aggressiveness towards other dogs are the ones used for this purpose.

I thought that too, but why(I know why. to make other mores aggressive, hence bait). On the other hand, I don't feel anything about cock figthing in Spain or Mexico or wherever it's happening. And they are animals too. Hm .(

daycru

Bullshit.

Coming from a rural and mostly farmer dominated mountain village, I can tell you that most people nowadays treat their animals a lot better than they used to. Even those old farmers that used to kick their dogs and drown cats in cow piss have started to treat them better (allthough I believe that's just so they don't scare away tourists)

Still, this story is absolutely disgusting, and heartwarming at the same time. Things are getting better, and the facebook campaign in this case is a clear sign of that.
WHAT

smr00

Banned
I really hope whoever did this dies a slow and painful death, and soon.
As much as i love animals i wouldn't wish death upon someone.

Don't get me wrong, i think they should shoot whoever was involved with a BB gun in the face and see how they like it but a slow painful death? Don't know about that.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
As much as i love animals i wouldn't wish death upon someone.

Don't get me wrong, i think they should shoot whoever was involved with a BB gun in the face and see how they like it but a slow painful death? Don't know about that.

Cases like this are where I think offenders might deserve some limited mandatory jail time to cool their heels, followed by a hefty amount of mandatory community service.

Reasoning being, people who commit cruelty to animals of this nature IMO are demonstrating sociopathic tendencies that can jump rails to targeting humans. More than a "fine" is in order if they get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom