• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Tom Nook

Power Rangers Review

KC:
Rental...........
KG:
Matinee........
MT:
High Matinee
PG:
Rental...........

Ironically
, Martin hated the Power Rangers but generally is surprised on how good the drama is in first 2/3 of the movie.

Power Rangers Review

KC:
Rental...........
KG:
Matinee........
MT:
High Matinee
PG:
Rental...........

Ironically
, Martin hated the Power Rangers but generally is surprised on how good the drama is in first 2/3 of the movie.
Not surprised. Before they put the suits on it's basically chronicle and Martin loves that movie.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Martin always has the best hot takes. I agree with him 100% about how it looks like it was shot on a soundstage. It obviously was, we all know that. But it shouldn't look like it. The whole Doomsday fight in Batman v Superman was the same way. Cold and detached describes this perfectly.

Yeah I couldn't have placed it any better than the guys. It's too cold and very alienating compared to the welcoming color, atmosphere and effects of the Marvel output (even the more gritty & harsh Netflix stuff). I really don't trust that Snyder learned a single thing from MoS and BvS about humanizing his characters and worlds. Sitting it out like BvS but hoping that it actually blows people away.

Pretty much my feelings on the trailer. I can stomach dumb fun. I love dumb fun movies. But I need to connect on some level with the action, the world, and the characters involved in the action. And to be honest, outside The Flash, the action looks pretty boring and uninspired. I get reminded of The Matrix Revelation's Zion CGI battle where it's mechs shooting at a stream of robots. It is very obviously a soundstage with no attempt to relate to the audience on any human level. There are jokes and yet the trailer still looked so lifeless and joyless to me. Korey's right, the sun must not exist in Snyder's universe.

Is the High Score any good?

I never tuned in for it. I have other gaming personalities I follow. I used to like hearing Korey Coleman and Co-host talk about games though. They did a spoilercast on The Last of Us back in the spill days. Can't find any of those cause they were all lost when Hollywood shut em down.

Ray Down

Banned
I never tuned in for it. I have other gaming personalities I follow. I used to like hearing Korey Coleman and Co-host talk about games though. They did a spoilercast on The Last of Us back in the spill days. Can't find any of those cause they were all lost when Hollywood shut em down.

Man I was just think about that the other day as well as the Breaking Bad finale spoilercast.

So much good stuff just lost that wasn't saved by posting on youtube ;-;

Man I was just think about that the other day as well as the Breaking Bad finale spoilercast.

So much good stuff just lost that wasn't saved by posting on youtube ;-;

YEah the Breaking Bad one had Korey, Cyrus, Cohost and Martin all on it. Would have loved to listen to it again.

Davey Cakes

Oh man, I've recently gotten into their reviews. Love the lighthearted analysis and genuine laughs.

The Justice League trailer analysis had me in stitches when Korey started talking about Cyborg.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Suicide Squad review first, then AssCreed. Korey's rant at the end is amazing.

I found them because someone here linked to their review for The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies. Cracked me up so much I spent the next week binging on their reviews whenever I had free time.

They roast a movie when it's some bullshit, but I've never seen them be unfair. Puts them above a lot of the wannabe critics.

Glass Rebel

I found them because someone here linked to their review for The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies. Cracked me up so much I spent the next week binging on their reviews whenever I had free time.

They roast a movie when it's some bullshit, but I've never seen them be unfair. Puts them above a lot of the wannabe critics.

Yeah, they never come off as trying too hard to hate something. I've said it before but unlike many other YT critics the Double Toasted gang actually enjoys movies.

Slayven

Are they doing Ghost in the Shell tonight? Going by spoilers, it will be lit

Yeah, they never come off as trying too hard to hate something. I've said it before but unlike many other YT critics the Double Toasted gang actually enjoys movies.

i would say movie critics in general.

I hope that Korey and Martin FINALLY go in on the whitewashing after tap-dancing around it for so long on this particular project.

Reading some of these plot points just, whooooo it's a whole nother level of offensive.

Top Bottom