• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

My girlfriend and I always get really excited when they post a new review on youtube. We've been fans for a long time. Their Jupiter Ascending review had us both laughing our asses off

These are the old spill.com guys. Site got shut down, didn't know they are still doing things. Enjoyed their reviews back then, I'll check out a few.

SeanC

I dig it. Used to like Spill back in the day too. Good balance of humor and entertainment with good analysis and criticism.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Love these guys. I actually found out about them on here, pretty sure it was the The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies extended edition thread. I've even gone back and watched old reviews for movies I've already seen.

And their reactions to trailers usually mirrors my exact feelings. Especially the most recent Suicide Squad trailer, and the last big Batman vs Superman trailer.

Numb

Love these guys. Been watching them for a while
Don't know what happened to the old crew with the flying robot head and white dude
Forgot the channel name

Ray Down

Banned
Love these guys. Been watching them for a while
Don't know what happened to the old crew with the flying robot head and white dude
Forgot the channel name

Spill.com, Hollywood.com shut them down out of the blue right when they were gonna restructure/reboot there site.

Xe4

Banned
Great great reviewers. Hilarious and insightful. Haven't seen too much of their work, but what I have seen was great.

First seen these dudes when Fan4stic released. Guys are hilarious. Don't always agree with them, yet I can't get enough. Actually have them on in the background a lot..right now, in fact.

Monocle

Kermode and Mayo still number 1 in my book, 2 hours of absolute gold every Friday. If you've never listened to it before, give it a go - Michael Caine was on the last episode too for fans of his.
Seconding this recommendation. I also love the RedLetterMedia guys.

Based on this thread, I guess I should check out Double Toasted.

Coolluck

Spill.com, Hollywood.com shut them down out of the blue right when they were gonna restructure/reboot there site.

I thought the writing was on the wall? Plus then it was announced and they had a definitive end date. And then they got abruptly shut down before the end date so we never got the final Let's Do This.

lunchtoast

You know that sound clip they play before they do the top 5? What is that clip saying, I can never understand it.

And these guys are better than those red letter media guys.

FiggyCal

Banned
Weird thing about the dirty grandpa review: Korey seemed to go out of his way to sell the movie. I actually wanted to go see it for a minute.

Love love love these guys. Been listening since they were Spill, and contributed to their kickstarter and an currently a paying subscriber. (Although I still haven't gotten my shirt lol). They've kept me sane in countless roadtrips and stretches of school and work.

My only wish is that Tony Guerrero (Co-Host 3000) would return for one last show. Korey and Tony's chemistry was God-Tier.

Top Bottom