• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The dream is over: Lucid's racing game is 2K Drive for iOS (out in Dutch/UAE store)

Empty

Since it has been out a few months maybe they finished work on this last year and have been doing PGR 5 ever since?!?

typically releasing in smaller ios regions secretly is a just way of testing before the main release, so they could still be working on it.

Dabanton

Haha oh shit.

Should have known when they posted those roads opening artwork looked way too clean to be a next gen console game

outsida

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Spierek

5ebca68e8b9e41d184dd6aaa3fa2d90e-e1367866019468.jpg

Not like this. Just... no. This info coupled with that Ninja Theory announcement is killing me.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Is it possible there could be a console version of this? Like this could just be a taster of a new franchise from 2K.

They don't normally do racing games. Could be a good way to start.

Truth is, MS probably don't want to bring back PGR. They've got Forza as their main racing series and Forza Horizon now as the 'arcade' spin off. Clearly they favour a small number of massively marketed franchises, so probably don't see any value in resurrecting PGR.

Of course, I hope I'm not made to look silly tomorrow after saying this.

Kifimbo

Is it possible there could be a console version of this? Like this could just be a taster of a new franchise from 2K.

They don't normally do racing games. Could be a good way to start.

I think this is possible. Not only is the website not online yet, but Take-Two also trademarked "2K" a few days ago.

Was hoping my little heart out for Project Gotham Racing 5. :(

No PGR at launch this time? Tradition shattered. Oh well... still got Forza at least... two racing games at launch wouldn't make much sense, even though one would have been an Arcade and One a Simulator. :/

I'll probably buy 2K Drive now just because I know it exists, so there's that I guess. Publicity worked for Lucid.

TJP

Love the schadenfreude in this thread 8(

It was always a long shot PGR was being revived by Lucid however it has been great to look back on the series in the various threads. Great games and great times for those who played and enjoyed what Bizarre Games created.

The fuck is this shit? I can't believe it, PGR really is dead.

I just, I just don't know what to say. It's over. It's really really over...

I...just.....

So how did Lucid not come forward and say that it wasn't PGR they were working on? I admit I haven't followed them - so possibly they have... But if not, fuck.

nampad

So Sony works with Lucid on Travel Bug and then Jacob Jones because they needed a 3G game and a puzzle game for the Vita but doesn't work with Lucid on this?
Where is my Vita racing love? :(

Top Bottom