• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The E3 2006 "NeoGAFees" Awards - AFTERMATH Discussion

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Well, it doesn't seem normal to me. Well its normal if you think that GC owners just have to vote 2 games while PS2 owners have to vote gajillion games...

Not saying that they aren't worthy, just that there are like 20 times more games in PS2 also interesting. The list feels like GC dominated this E3 current-gen line-up...:lol :lol

It shouldn't really matter if there are a bajillion more games on PS2. These aren't your ordinary GC games, afterall. :p

Edit: I also realized I was the only one that went to E3 that voted for TP being game of the current gen. >_>

Cosmozone

Catchpenny said:
What was so great about the Halo 3 trailer other than the music?
Wait, it's music was good? *Suddenly interested*

TP: I couldn't decide at all where to put it, Wii or GC, so I just didn't vote for it. :) The expected awesomeness of the title didn't show at E3 anyway. And I don't want to be spoiled, either.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
snatches said:
He's getting at the fact that if you were AT E3, you would know that God of War 2 was easily the best current gen product on display.

jlaughcatha.jpg

AniHawk

GhaleonEB said:
And the music - my god.

The best parts were the piano right around "I know you," the buildup to the Halo theme (with the heavy drums), and the "DUN. DUN-DUN! DUN DUN" when they showed the Halo 3/Bungie logo.

FINISH THE FIGHT.

Deku

Banned
Didn't get to vote, but I pretty much agree with the results. It's interesting that the non-attendants voted closely in line with those who went.

Amir0x

Banned
I updated the main post with all the banners now, so it should be all formated properly

Again, props to junkwaffle. He lent his time to help with this by doing all the drawings and banners. junkwaffle am awesome.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Spencerr said:
I'm surprised Halo 3 trailer didn't get more votes.
it may have looked pretty, but nothing happened. it was really boring actually. it needed MC kicking ass.

Beezy

Wollan said:
Speaking of trailers, those who haven't seen it should definetly check out the Heavy Rain trailer:

I haven't watched the trailer yet, but couldn't they have given the game a different name? I ignore it everytime it's mentioned because it sounds like a weather forcast.

Mashing

You xbots needs to stop whining about the Halo 3 trailer not winning. It was pretty, but that's about all I can say good about it. It showed NOTHING. MGS4 and SSBB trailers both easily better and I'd say the Rayman Wii trailer was better than the Halo 3 trailer based on it's humor alone.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Mike Works said:
oh look he walked through some smoke... then this metal thing opened up from the ground... the end

WOW

I KNOW!

element

most awesome!! I really think neogaf should try to do this on friday at the show :lol :lol just to see print out on stations.

arne

I didn't read who was listed in the attendees, but I can tell you we were booked solid for Mass Effect, and I'm sure many people that either wanted to after they came to the show or didn't contact the PR team to get in to see it, didn't. I heard a lot of good things about it, but I was too busy to sneak my head in. Of course, I will refrain from pimping MS's titles, that wouldn't be fair ;) I think this is what happened to Assassin's Creed, as you suggested Amir0x, it seems the guys I talked to that saw it in the closed door session and got to play it, really liked it.

I'm amazed Marvel Ultimate Alliance didn't get any votes from the attendees... did nobody make it to the Activision closed door presentation? Although it's roughly X-Men Legends gameplay with the greater Marvel pantheon and on next-gen hardware, it was one of the top looking playable games I was able to check out at the show
running on a PS3 dev kit even, although it's multi-platform
. The flames looked spectacular.

Amir0x

Banned
Marvel Ultimate Alliance looked good? The next-gen images i've seen of this seemed really, really ugly. Or am I thinking of another one of these games?

arne

Amir0x said:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance looked good? The next-gen images i've seen of this seemed really, really ugly. Or am I thinking of another one of these games?

maybe I was just blinded by the 1080p, 4D lucid dream.

I thought it did. In motion it looked at least better than the screens on IGN. And not as dark.

element

i can tell you that they weren't allowing anyone to play Assassin's Creed. Perhaps only the E3 Award judges, but not during the private shows. Even without playing it, it was still amazing.

Mass Effect was really awesome (thank Arne :) )

Geek

Ninny Prancer
arne said:
I'm amazed Marvel Ultimate Alliance didn't get any votes from the attendees... did nobody make it to the Activision closed door presentation? [...] The flames looked spectacular.

I sat in on that. It was okay I guess. Graphically, I was unimpressed because it looked like a fucking circus, but it looks like a solid multiplayer title... that I will never ever play. I realize it's four-color super heroes fighting Skrulls and Galactus, but it just looked BLAH to me. Flames were nice, but looked out of place amidst the hyper-saturated graphics.

I'm amazed that anyone would say that Capcom had a bad show. Fucking Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Okami, God Hand, Ultimate G&G, Phoenix Wright 2, and Power Stone Collection were all awesome and all day-one purchases. I can wait for RE5 and DMC4. Clearly they are a long way off.

I just noticed this gem of a thread the only time i am probably gonna get to go to E3 and i didn't get to vote :( but still nice thread amirox!

Amir0x

Banned
Crocodile said:
*Snaps fingers* So close. Either way Snake wins.

Suicide Snake just decimates Smash Snake. I already disqualified all the Smash votes and added them to the MGS4 total by default.

Jiggy

Oblivion said:
Well, if it's any consolation, SSB will destroy it in sales. :)
And longevity/replayability, and overall awesomeness.

A game like SSBB (or, for that matter, Halo 3) that can last 300+ hours on its own is what PS3 needs to justify that $600 pricepoint. That's PS3's biggest problem, IMO: its most prominent exclusive franchises often lend themselves to being played to completion once, maybe twice, then never touched again--or, failing that, they're games that lend themselves to being replaced by successors that wind up superior in every way possible.

Zweisy1

Good choices all around. Gotta agree with most of them.

That said, I didn't like the MGS4 Trailer THAT much.. the one last year was loads better. As far as trailers go, I'd take Alan Wake's, Halo 3's or SSBB's over MGS4 this year.. Alan Wake being my personal favourite.

Amir0x

Banned
Zweisy1 said:
Good choices all around. Gotta agree with most of them.

That said, I didn't like the MGS4 Trailer THAT much.. the one last year was loads better.

That's a pretty unique opinion, but I think that must be tied to the fact that it was the first time we've all seen MGS4 at all. The first trailer, like drohne said, could hardly even be called a Metal Gear trailer... it was 9 minutes long, drawn out, with much of any revelations story wise.

Aside from the starting part of the MGS4 E3 trailer where it revists the first trailer, it's filled with interesting little hints about the game, packed with characters we've not seen until now, and even has multiple enjoyable intense/action scenes (Snake Octocamo Hiding, Raiden foot karate). Where as the first was mostly just Snake looking out the window.

I dunno, I just can't see that. This one was just so much more well done, and it had the shocking suicide part.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
What the... when did this happen?

Gears of War didn't win anything? Boooooooooooo - it was the most fun game there according to EVERYBODY...

And the Halo 3 Announcement Teaser gave me goosebumps... I didn't get anything from the MGS4 trailer - and the Smash Brawl trailer was atleast funny AND surprising...

Oh well - I did like the award pics... :)

Dahbomb

Justice was served for the most part. Glad to see Too Human get the anti-hype it deserves and Heavenly Sword winning best PS3 game across the board.

MGS4 trailer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo 3 teaser

MGS4 trailer was real stuff, Halo 3 teaser was just a brief graphics presentation with like 20 seconds of solid music. MGS invented the category of Best Trailer award of E3.

Amir0x

Banned
Skilotonn said:

Gears of War didn't win anything? Boooooooooooo - it was the most fun game there according to EVERYBODY...

pretty impossible to be 'everybody' when it didn't win here, huh

Monk

Banned
Skilotonn said:

And the Halo 3 Announcement Teaser gave me goosebumps... I didn't get anything from the MGS4 trailer - and the Smash Brawl trailer was atleast funny AND surprising...

Oh well - I did like the award pics... :)

I hate the fact that gears of war is getting rave reviews and the like outside gaf. Generic fps ftw i suppose. :(

Monk said:
I hate the fact that gears of war is getting rave reviews and the like outside gaf. Generic fps ftw i suppose. :(
It's not a fps for fuck sake. Honest to god, if you're going to troll it at least pay some attention.

Monk

Banned
Looks like i didnt do my research. :p

I am glad it isnt an fps. All E3 i was under the impression that it was a lame generic fps with glitz and didnt even look into it. Well I am not so hateful now. :p

Top Bottom