• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The E3 2016 floor plans are up

Nintendo is preparing something big. They are going to the E3 as the losers and they will end up being the winners .
So much space and the theater only for Zelda? It has to be something huge!

Nyoro SF

Seeing these maps makes me sad they didn't allow limited public access like last year. :(

At least I got my goal of going to E3 at least once. But I would've loved to go to all the booths again. Esp. since I'm very curious about Zelda, XSEED's offerings, and Capcom.

Looking at the map makes me think that Nintendo really did have a lot more planned for E3, only for whatever went wrong to go wrong and render most of this space moot. Still, I'm excited for Zelda. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Next year when they dedicate the entire show to just showing Donkey Kong Country Returns 3: Cranky Kong's Revenge.

You mean Donkey Kong Jr's Revenge. You think using music from DK Jr for the final levels in both games is a coincidence. He's been pulling the strings all along. Forgotten by his father, usurped by his son, he's mad.

I have zero excitement for Zelda =/
379ch.gif

One thing to keep in mind about Nintendo (for instance) is that the second, smaller booth is there every year and isn't public. That half of the booth are a bunch of check-in desks and then a load of private meeting rooms and places for their executives to hang out and talk to partners and stuff.

IE: You can write off one third of the space people are using to say "they must have something else!!", it's just meeting areas.

rrs

rumor said Nintendo was going to have an NX blowout at E3 but things changed at the last second

Nintendo is preparing something big. They are going to the E3 as the losers and they will end up being the winners .

No they aren't it's the same shit every year.

Here's how it's going to go down:
Nintendo: Here is our plans for E3. Zelda will be our only playable game.
Gaf: Liars! You lie every year. You have something big in store look at dat floor space.
Nintendo goes through with the plans that they announced.
Gaf: Fuck you Nintendo, you're doomed, dead to me. How dare you not fulfill our wildest expectations.

Simo

What are Take Two likely to be showing? All I can think of that's coming soon is Mafia 3. Even if we get a Red Dead Retribution reveal, I doubt it will be on the show floor. I guess they might continue to promote Battleborn.

If Red Dead is revealed then I'd imagine Take Two would have that reveal on loop with banner art at the booth but the question is how would they keep the booth under wraps for or if there is any Red Dead announcement?

Honestly though the big Take Two spot seems like it'll be mostly for Mafia III going by what they said a couple of weeks ago:
That’s only half the experience, though. We’re bringing the streets of 1968 New Bordeaux to LA. You wanna learn more? Well, we ain’t talkin’. Yet.

Keep following us on Facebook and Twitter for more details on Mafia III at E3 2016 as we get closer to the show – we’ve got plenty of news to share in the coming weeks! If you’re going to be at E3, come visit 2K in the South Hall at booth #1601. Trust us, you won’t be able to miss it.
https://mafiagame.com/#!/article/2

Bakkus

Do people still find Capcpom funny?

That misspell was intentional. They wanted attention, and they got it. The first time with the misspell of RE: Revelaitons it wasn't, but then they noticed how much attention that got, and started doing it intentionally many times. Capcpom wasn't the only one IIRC.

You mean all that space so Nintendo can keep said floorspace next year.

In the meantime, they can use one of their large spaces to convert into a Nintendo store. Similar to the one in NYC but of course only temporary during E3. Could be a good way to make some merchandise sales to pay for the money lost on renting the space. Unless there's a rule against selling on the E3 floor they should do that.

If not, then maybe convert it into a Nintendo themed lounge. A Nintendo lounge could be a nice resting spot for the media to update their blogs on all of the cool new things in the works from Microsoft and Sony

Jeels

Rösti;205282701 said:
Looking back even ten years, the exhibitor count was much greater than now. This is what the development looks like:

e3exhibitorsxik9w.png

Sources are e3expo.com, Gamesindustry.biz and Engadget.

2007 and 2008 were E3 Media & Business Summit, so that's why the sudden change.

Seems like more than anything...the ESA killed E3. Never recovered from the Media and Business Summit.

That is an obscene amount of floor space for 1 game. I don't see how any game could ever justify that, even Zelda.

And Take-Two taking that prestigious spot for Red Dead to be front and center.

schaft0620

That is an obscene amount of floor space for 1 game. I don't see how any game could ever justify that, even Zelda.

They will have lines there for people to play.

Who cares if it justifies it or not? It's their choice and people will get to play the game with multiple lines. I'm sure they'll dress the place up nicely.

Bsigg12

To those commenting on Nintendo's space, they can't downsize or give up space because it then gives that space to the next priority. They are essentially holding on to it for future E3s. It'll have a small battalion of Wii Us with Zelda on it so that'll be a thing.

Who cares if it justifies it or not? It's their choice and people will get to play the game with multiple lines. I'm sure they'll dress the place up nicely.

I mean they can do whatever they want I'm not saying they can't.

That just seems crazy expensive what they are doing for Zelda which isn't even their biggest franchise. I'm guessing there must he something hugely different about this one for that to make sense.

ViciousDS

Banned
Nintendo is building an obstacle course leading up to a Zelda booth.

Also a giant horse that you must hold onto for 10 second without getting bucked off in order to move onto the next part just to watch the demo. Then you must go through more crap just to play it...... fight for survival as only one actual copy of Zelda is actually playable in that entire booth

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Rösti;205271893 said:
The E3 2016 floor plans were published today on June 1, 2016. They don't differ too much from the preliminary plans I posted earlier, but the show floor looks a bit different.

The plans are at time of writing not available at http://www.e3insider.com/mapexperience, but should be published there soon as well.

For in-depth information about each booth just click on one in the interactive floor plans. Permanent Meeting Rooms and Concourse have been omitted from this thread, but can of course be viewed via the site.

southhall_alt3qsms.png

westhall_altats1m.png

As someone who used to go to E3, it looks so small now. Not nearly as many booths, even without Kentia Hall.

To those commenting on Nintendo's space, they can't downsize or give up space because it then gives that space to the next priority. They are essentially holding on to it for future E3s. It'll have a small battalion of Wii Us with Zelda on it so that'll be a thing.

Said it in the other thread, but that much space for Zelda is not bad thing logistically. There were lines, hours and hours long to get into the Twilight Princess section of their booth back when that was first shown off.

Rozart

There's no way Nintendo is going to showcase just Zelda with all that space...I'm honestly still super confused by their decision to do that.

I /am/ looking forward to see how they fill up all that space though. If they really are only bringing in Zelda and nothing else. I'm envisioning huge statues of Link just everywhere.

sinxtanx

Why does nintendo need so much room again

That just seems crazy expensive what they are doing for Zelda which isn't even their biggest franchise. I'm guessing there must he something hugely different about this one for that to make sense.

There's no way Nintendo is going to showcase just Zelda with all that space...I'm honestly still super confused by their decision to do that.

I /am/ looking forward to see how they fill up all that space though. If they really are only bringing in Zelda and nothing else. I'm envisioning huge statues of Link just everywhere.

the demo is 60-90 minutes

a demo that's at least six times longer than a regular E3 demo is going to take at least six times as long for everyone at E3 to play through, requiring at least six times as many demo stations

I can see the scenario where they planned to show the NX but got held up, but the floor space is still more than justified for a demo of that size

or they made the Zelda demo, realized no one was going to get to play it due to lines and were all like "shit son this demo is so fucking big let's do NX in August or something"

Nyoro SF

Gotta make space for both
genders
of Link

heh heh heh

They've got nothing else to show lol. Zelda is a huge franchise and conventions are about to change with this one. It's going to be the first truly open world 3D Zelda game. Plus, we barely know anything about this game.

Because this happens when they only put Zelda in part of the booth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3AXZZm2qwc

With the demo being 60 - 90 mins this time... wow, the queue will be horrific. People may need to wait for one whole day if Nintendo does not increase the number of stations. Although I believe Nintendo did not originally plan to only show Zelda in E3, the giant booth may still prove useful when it has this huge number of people wanting to play Zelda.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Seems like more than anything...the ESA killed E3. Never recovered from the Media and Business Summit.

Well, there's also the destruction of Kentia Hall, the third hall. It was full of tiny, unheard of companies making gimmick games and accessories. The exhibitor number was so high because most of these booths were tiny.

Just about anyone who went to E3 back then will tell you that it's worth venturing down there for a few hours.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/14/e3-kentia-hall-walkthrough/

Top Bottom