• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The E3 2017 floor plans are up (preliminary/partially)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wonder if MS will have scorpions backstage at their conference and so they won't have them on the showfloor?

Bsigg12

I was expecting some sort of business area like the one at Gamescom, where press could get appointments outside of the crowded public areas. This way it looks like every booth will host both the public and press, doesn't look to good for journos rushing from one meeting to the other.

The 2nd level meeting rooms are there for that and the larger booths usually have some meeting rooms built in.

Wonder if MS will have scorpions backstage at their conference and so they won't have them on the showfloor?

That sounds like it would be a waste of time because this E3 is already shaping to be the Scorpio's coming out party just going on Microsoft's conference announcement.

I expect them to do something similar to EA actually and have more things going on around the country at Microsoft Stores.

Gurish

I know it sounds like I'm rushing into conclusions but with all of the cancellations, lack of exclusives, lack of games in general (third party as well) compared to the competition and now this tiny booth... it kinda gives the impression that MS just don't care as much about this market anymore, it's like the gaming division budget was cut off significantly :/

iMax

40078_1217201441186_372_300.jpg

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping for some Switch and PS4 announcements to blow me away. Very interested in what the Scorpion will look like and how well the games will play on it. 2017 looks to be an exciting year hopefully

Plum

Can't wait to see what Nintendo's got now they're in a post-Wii U, post-BotW world. The last two E3s for them have been very lackluster in terms of brand new announcements.

Can't wait to see what Nintendo's got now they're in a post-Wii U, post-BotW world. The last two E3s for them have been very lackluster in terms of brand new announcements.
They're going to do a Digital Event again I feel. Also, 2015 was very bad, but for 2016 it was good for Zelda, even though that's all they really had.

Now they'll be riding the wave of the Switch. We're guaranteed to see SMO there. Retros game should be there for sure.

N.Domixis

Banned
I know it sounds like I'm rushing into conclusions but with all the cancellations, lack of exclusives, lack if games in general (third party as well) compared to the competition and now this tiny booth... it kinda gives the impression that MS just don't care as much about this market anymore, it's like the gaming division budget was cut off significantly :/
They are probably placing all their bets on Scorpio, lol.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
So MS Booth is roughly half now? Down from 30k to 15k?
Microsoft's main booth last year (4100) was 27329,23 sq ft. Microsoft's booth this year, 1601, is 15000 sq ft. So the booth this year is around 55% of that which they had last year. Even less if you cound the extra smaller booth, 4000, they had; that was 600 sq ft.

spekkeh

Banned
Yeah I know E3 has of course become less and less important every year, but the relatively diminutive Microsoft booth space does not instill a lot of confidence this will be the year Microsoft turns it around. Or Scorpio for that matter. It just looks like Microsoft is done with this product software model of games. Can't blame them, but then what is still the purpose of Scorpio? If you're going games as a service you need low specs to cast as wide a net as possible. Scorpio seems once again a Microsoft solution to a prior market before it shifted.

urge26

Not surprised on Microsoft. They basically have Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves and Scorpio. Presser seems to be the only thing that matters at E3 time, and any surprises won't have gameplay on the floor.

And Dat Activision Destiny 2 floor. Hype!

Salex_

Expecting this E3 to be one of the best as a whole. Sony has been on fire for the last 12 months and I'm wondering if they can keep this up. I hope we see a new in-depth GOW trailer showing off the new direction of the combat and other gameplay elements.

Nintendo should have their best E3 in years now that the Switch & Zelda will be out. All the developers who haven't released any Wii U/3DS/Vita games in awhile should be getting ready to announce their games. We should also see developers who wanted to make Vita games but decided not to due to the HW sales. I can't wait to see all of the bigger budget games I'll be able to play on a handheld. Fully realized Vita, aka the dream handheld.

Microsoft....hmm...Scorpio? I guess they'll have a new game announced to show off the hardware. I have zero expectations for MS.

jbug617

Banned
It is possible that MS will have an event outside E3 (like EA)week to let more of the public get hands on Scorpio

Space_nut

I know it sounds like I'm rushing into conclusions but with all of the cancellations, lack of exclusives, lack of games in general (third party as well) compared to the competition and now this tiny booth... it kinda gives the impression that MS just don't care as much about this market anymore, it's like the gaming division budget was cut off significantly :/

1 game gets cancelled it's now ALL OF THE CANCELLATIONS lol wait till E3 before judging their game line up. They already have a good number of exclusives announced let's see what else they have in store

legacyzero

Banned
I'm goin there... My dream has come true... My bucket list has shortened.

Business pass as well. Now to find out how to attend the conferences.. At least Xbox, PS, and Ubi.

Rösti;231051622 said:
They utilized their meeting rooms last year to show Pro Evolution Soccer 2017. This year perhaps they will demonstrate Metal Gear Survive or Bombergirl.

Oh right, I forgot Metal Gear Surive was a thing.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm goin there... My dream has come true... My bucket list has shortened.

Business pass as well. Now to find out how to attend the conferences.. At least Xbox, PS, and Ubi.
Just contact their respective media departments, at least to begin with. Microsoft and Ubisoft are usually quite helpful regarding E3 and media briefings, Sony has been a bit trickier in the past but shouldn't be too difficult to persuade.

Mikey Jr.

Kinda worried with how small the Microsoft booth is. Maybe they have some other stuff planned in terms of public showings.

Who knows what it means at this point.

MS is changing stuff around. New conference time and smaller booth space.

Honestly, if they had their own PSX, then I'd think they were just downsizing because they have 2 events in the year.

But they don't. Nor did they do anything for gamescom, PGW, TGS, and now their booth is 50% smaller.

We'll see in a few months I guess.

Plum

They're going to do a Digital Event again I feel. Also, 2015 was very bad, but for 2016 it was good for Zelda, even though that's all they really had.

Now they'll be riding the wave of the Switch. We're guaranteed to see SMO there. Retros game should be there for sure.

Yeah, 2016 was good but we knew about Zelda already. 2015 was an E3 dedicated to filler games and weird side projects. It'll be great to finally gave annother Nintendo E3 where they might have some great new stuff to announce.

As for it being Digital, 2014's was hype af and 2015's presentation was great as well. I don't care if it's not on stage.

Yeah, 2016 was good but we knew about Zelda already. 2015 was an E3 dedicated to filler games and weird side projects. It'll be great to finally gave annother Nintendo E3 where they might have some great new stuff to announce.

As for it being Digital, 2014's was hype af and 2015's presentation was great as well. I don't care if it's not on stage.

I prefer Digital because it cuts out the mess ups and awkwardness. All it really comes down to is the content in the Digital event.

Sjefen

Sony going bigger while MS going smaller. I was really expecting the opposite with the Scorpio announcement...

Top Bottom