• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The E3 2017 floor plans are up (preliminary/partially)

Probably completely wrong here, but has Nintendo nicked Microsoft's usual placement for themselves this year? I remember it's usually Sony and Microsoft with their main booths facing each other, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time.

Edit - Yeah, I am completely wrong!

Elios83

Yeah I wonder what's behind Microsoft moving to a much smaller booth. They should have Scorpio units (or devkits) with high end TVs on stage to let people try new games on the console.
Unless the console won't be playable and/or they don't have many games they plan to showcase at their exhibition stand.
By the way I'm sure there will be the usual raged fanboys over this on Twitter who are going to ask Phil Spencer for clarifications immediatly :p

Exact same floorplan as last year
Edit: Sorry, I meant for Nintendo. I was directed here via a Nintendo site

nintendo_e3_2016_floor_plans_1.jpg

I'm guessing Microsoft will rent somewhere else as well? How do you show off a new console and all the new games that will be announced for it?

Really surprised MS going so small. Co sidelong this is their big blow out for Scorpio I figured they would want as much space as possible.

Interesting approach

Mikey Jr.

I like how people think Scorpio is a brand new generation of consoles and that MS is going to show off all these new next gen Scorpio exclusive games that they have ready.

Its going to have to take a big shock to their system to still get it.

I prefer Digital because it cuts out the mess ups and awkwardness. All it really comes down to is the content in the Digital event.
They can do a live show and still have little to no mess ups and awkwardness. Just have to do it like Sony did it last year - very few people talking, small amount of time talking when people do come out and talk, and game after game after game.

jelly

Maybe Microsoft are having a pre E3 Scorpio blowout or perhaps after summer..and E3 is just solid details and what to expect demos.

Microsoft's booth will just be for Dan's Forza 7 Car entrance storage.

Scorpio out in the parking lot with the Ouya 2, unprecedented partnership.

ACX

Neo Member
Am I blind or do Microsoft don't even have private meeting rooms for press?

Big, if true

Fredrik

Are people expecting playable scorpio booths or something? Wouldn't it be too early for that if they just unveiled it for the first time at their conference?
It's supposed to launch this year so I'd say that Scorpio booths is a must. Otherwise they need to hold a special event later but E3 is the perfect place and this year it's open to the public.

legacyzero

Banned
Rösti;231053760 said:
Just contact their respective media departments, at least to begin with. Microsoft and Ubisoft are usually quite helpful regarding E3 and media briefings, Sony has been a bit trickier in the past but shouldn't be too difficult to persuade.

Yeah I think I have a couple contacts possibly. Gonna try. Hell, even being at the show is not as important as the conferences.

Fredrik

I hope they don't waste their time with a car on stage for Forza 7. Should walk out with an umbrella.
Should come out of the backseat of a Skoda Superb with the included umbrella to launch both dynamic weather and ordinary cars. The grinding aspect and sense of progression to go from a normal car to a race car is something that the GT serie still does better, everything else is surpassed by Forza at this point, imo.

They can do a live show and still have little to no mess ups and awkwardness. Just have to do it like Sony did it last year - very few people talking, small amount of time talking when people do come out and talk, and game after game after game.
Nintendos E3 2010 was really good. Live presentations aren't needed. The only way I see one is if Kimishima wants one. Digital Events do the job well.

I hope they don't waste their time with a car on stage for Forza 7. Should walk out with an umbrella.

Forza car is guaranteed!

Along with Forza VR showcase and XB1 + Scorpio + PC stage demo.

MS's E3's are easy to predict, besides one or two 'shock' announcements.

They don't have muxh to show obviously.

I highly doubt that. When Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3 come out then the vast majority of games they've had at last years E3 (and even a couple of previous ones) will all be on store shelves. Unless they're only announcing 2017 titles then they'll have more than just a handful of games at the show. I kind of hope they do only announce short term releases, there have been far too many cancellations.

Linkified

As the public can get access that has perhaps an x factor where instead of paying for a larger booth it is cheaper for Microsoft to rent some other space in the vicinity.

I highly doubt that. When Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3 come out then the vast majority of games they've had at last years E3 (and even a couple of previous ones) will all be on store shelves. Unless they're only announcing 2017 titles then they'll have more than just a handful of games at the show. I kind of hope they do only announce short term releases, there have been far too many cancellations.
This is how I see it.

Scorpio
Halo 6
Forza 7
Crackdown 3
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 2
Phantom Dust HD (assuming it doesn't come out before E3)
Indie section
1 or 2 Recore tier announcements.

AniHawk

the microsoft booth was only in the west hall somewhat recently. it really made things congested in that hall, especially compared to the south hall in recent years. i'm glad microsoft is going back to south hall. hopefully it makes the crowds easier to deal with as the public is also let in.

spekkeh

Banned
They don't need playable Scorpio booths per se, because it's ostensibly just going to be a souped up Xbox. People don't need to play it to understand what that means. A bullshot sizzle reel is sufficient. If they want to persuade people they do need lots of games to take advantage of it however, and small booth space means it's going to be vague promises at best. That's kinda iffy with a console that should release four months later.

Then again Nintendo just had Zelda last year and see where it stands now, just seven months later.

with still just Zelda

This is how I see it.

Scorpio
Halo 6
Forza 7
Crackdown 3
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 2
Phantom Dust HD (assuming it doesn't come out before E3)
Indie section
1 or 2 Recore tier announcements.

Phil said there wouldn't be a Halo this year, I guess that might just mean releasing in 2017. Recore and Quantum Break are two of my favourite Xbox One games so I hope there's more stuff like that. I just hope they aren't focusing entirely on Scorpio, we need more games.

I do this to myself every year but I really want to see if Rare have anything besides Sea of Thieves.

AniHawk

They don't need playable Scorpio booths per se, because it's ostensibly just going to be a souped up Xbox. People don't need to play it to understand what that means. A bullshot sizzle reel is sufficient. If they want to persuade people they do need lots of games to take advantage of it however, and small booth space means it's going to be vague promises at best. That's kinda iffy with a console that should release four months later.

Then again Nintendo just had Zelda last year and see where it stands now, just seven months later.

with still just Zelda

the twist: scorpio is marketed as a 9th gen system, and it's the only thing you can play games on there. launch titles are sea of thieves, forza, and crackdown 3 as the only playable games at the booth. however those games will also be playable on xbox one - sort of like the early game boy color games, and in time games will be exclusive to scorpio.

Phil said there wouldn't be a Halo this year, I guess that might just mean releasing in 2017. Recore and Quantum Break are two of my favourite Xbox One games so I hope there's more stuff like that. I just hope they aren't focusing entirely on Scorpio, we need more games.

I do this to myself every year but I really want to see if Rare have anything besides Sea of Thieves.
Oh, I'm saying they will announce Halo 6 for 2018. It won't be for 2017.

I could have sworn there were rumors about Rare having another game in the piepline but I'm not sure.

Wagram

Booth size isn't indicative of how well they'll do at E3, but it has to be said that Microsoft's is smaller than I expected. Especially considering they have Scorpio and they need software to show off what it's capable of.

Oh, I'm saying they will announce Halo 6 for 2018. It won't be for 2017.

I could have sworn there were rumors about Rare having another game in the piepline but I'm not sure.

I guess the ship has sailed on Halo 3 Anniversary releasing this year? One of my favourite games of all time, I would be there day 0. Phil's statement doesn't fill me with hope.

Shinobi confirmed that they have a second new IP in development but it's not ready to be shown. I'll try to find the post

Edit: found it, at the end of the first paragraph http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=228023617

Sydle

Booth size isn't indicative of how well they'll do at E3, but it has to be said that Microsoft's is smaller than I expected. Especially considering they have Scorpio and they need software to show off what it's capable of.

It's a more powerful Xbox One and MS has said multiple times it will not have exclusives outside of VR, so I don't know why people are saying Scorpio needs a lot of space or its own space.

I expect that MS will have games such as Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, and Forza 7 each setup mostly on Xbox One S machines and then have a couple of playable stations or just looping videos per game setup to show the Scorpio version. I wouldn't be surprised if they have additional displays showing off any differences of previously released games like Killer Instinct, Gears of War 4, and Forza Horizon 3 that are already built for 4K on PC. Maybe Halo 5 gets a Scorpio patch?

Not sure what they'll do with VR in terms of allocated space, but I don't expect a lot considering how low device sales have been for Oculus or Vive (i.e. their potential partners).

Top Bottom