• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The E3 2017 floor plans are up (preliminary/partially)

Salty Hippo

Shinobi confirmed that they have a second new IP in development but it's not ready to be shown. I'll try to find the post

Edit: found it, at the end of the first paragraph http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=228023617

Too early to call "new IP" on that. Prototypes are just experimental things that were not even greenlit yet. Most studios always have at least one of those going on, it's extremely common and not an indicator of anything.

CEJames

Sony vs. Nintendo

Can the Switch possibly come away with an upset?

giphy.gif

They have a bunch of stores around the country they could host an "E3 Special Event" at for a few days and feature a Scorpio or 2 at each store to show it off to the public and let people get hands on with certain things.

i really dont see how scorpio demos out in the retail spaces would help it gain traction. the average consumer wont see a difference to their current xb1/ps4 visuals. you demo things like kinect, vr, and motion controls. not teraflops.

Lucreto

Sony should be starting to taper off on PS4 game announcements now right if PS5 is coming in 2019/2020?

I forget how this works in previous years.

2018 and 2019 already appear packed as it is right now.

It would be a first Sony released The Last of Us and Puppeteer two new IPs in the last few months of the PS3 lifecycle.

Surprised Bethesda has such a large booth. What do they have after Prey releases besides Quake Champions?

Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind expansion

What if MS wanted to be next to Activision, Bethesda, etc? Maybe they'll be showing their games on Scorpio spec.

My money is on a big pirate ship.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I don't get the whole 'maybe scorpio won't have much support/maybe there aren't that many games for release'. It doesn't have its own line-up as such, every Xbox one game is for Scorpio too. The Xbox one lineup shouldn't be particularly bad this year and around scorpio's launch (right?).

Hoo-doo

Banned
What if MS wanted to be next to Activision, Bethesda, etc? Maybe they'll be showing their games on Scorpio spec.

Scorpio is basically Microsoft's equivalent to the PS4 Pro. I doubt it'll make a splash big enough to warrant every big publisher to suddenly start showcasing their games on it.

Scorpio is basically Microsoft's equivalent to the PS4 Pro. I doubt it'll make a splash big enough to warrant every big publisher to suddenly start showcasing their games on it.

Wouldn't you want to display the best version of your games? Makes sense. Not saying it will happen, but it would be feasible.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Wouldn't you want to display the best version of your games? Makes sense. Not saying it will happen, but it would be feasible.

PC versions exist, and those don't rely on niche hardware that is yet to come out.

I don't know, it just sounds a bit premature to think that third-parties are going to be lining up to co-promote Microsoft's mid-gen spec bump.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Wonder if MS will have scorpions backstage at their conference and so they won't have them on the showfloor?

Releasing poisonous scorpions on the public show flor would indeed bring a lot of attention to them despite their smaller booth size... slightly illegal, but guerrilla marketing and all that ;).

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Could it be possible that booth size is predicated more on last year's footfall than on expectations of game announcements etc.? I don't think any company would want to hire a booth that's gonna look empty.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The bookmarks I had for pages showing this Currently Exhibiting element now return 302 Found (redirection). Perhaps that resource was published in error after all. Similar things happened last year and in 2015.

Luckily I saved everything of interest in case further restrictions are enabled.

BiggNife

Surprised Bethesda has such a large booth. What do they have after Prey releases besides Quake Champions?
They're going to have another press conference this year so we'll find out.

But at the very least there's TESO: Morrowind, Skyrim Switch, and a 90% chance of Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus. Would not be surprised if they announce Dishonored expansion content focusing on Meagan. Also whatever Tango Gameworks is working on, whether that's TEW2 or something else. That's enough to fill out a booth, I think.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I today saw a list of booths for Nintendo of America. We know since before that they have three booths in West Hall. But the list included mention of one more item, the LACC theater:

• Booth 5244
  • Booth 4822
  • Booth 5644
  • Booth Theater
The booth theater has a 10x10 space connected to it, which I am not sure about. The info page on the theater shows this:

theater6hkah.png

Source: http://www.imapenterprises.com/lacc/welcome.php

It says they are updating the diagrams etc. for the 10’x10’ space.

Rösti;231525208 said:
I today saw a list of booths for Nintendo of America. We know since before that they have three booths in West Hall. But the list included mention of one more item, the LACC theater:

• Booth 5244
  • Booth 4822
  • Booth 5644
  • Booth Theater
The booth theater has a 10x10 space connected to it, which I am not sure about. The info page on the theater shows this:

theater6hkah.png

Source: http://www.imapenterprises.com/lacc/welcome.php

It says they are updating the diagrams etc. for the 10’x10’ space.

Have they used this theatre before? Like for the NWC or Smash competition?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Have they used this theatre before? Like for the NWC or Smash competition?
They have used the 411 Theater for some years now. Sometimes for presentations regarding a specific title, sometimes for buyer events etc.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Starting March 10, 2017, the E3 2017 floorplans have been updated (slightly).

South Hall

southhall_v2dpsq4.png

No greater changes. Quite a few booths have been reserved, smaller changes in layout. Booth 947 is now labeled as eSport.

West Hall

westhall_v2iqs3a.png

Minor changes. Booth 4556 now says reserved, but Sony has it still.

Concourse Hall

concoursehall_v2o7sxm.png

This is mislabeled as E3 2012 for whatever reason. But it is for E3 2017.

2nd Level Meeting Rooms

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I seem to have missed that Microsoft has booked a second booth, 1769 in South Hall. The floorplans posted earlier may not reflect the current size of the booth, for a list I have access to has the booth as 10x10 and not 30x30. Version 3 of the floorplans should become available soon (version 3 of both West Hall and Concourse Hall is already available, I'll look through the files and see if anything major has happened).

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The floor plans have been updated.

South Hall, V4 - As of May 08, 2017

southhall_v48wks0.png

No greater changes. Microsoft's second booth has a size text added. There's now a retail area.

West Hall, V5 - As of May 08, 2017

westhall_v5g8jaf.png

Some smaller booths have been relocated.

Sjefen

Rösti;236239059 said:
The floor plans have been updated.

South Hall, V4 - As of May 08, 2017

southhall_v48wks0.png

No greater changes. Microsoft's second booth has a size text added. There's now a retail area.

West Hall, V5 - As of May 08, 2017

westhall_v5g8jaf.png

Some smaller booths have been relocated.

Dont know if booth size is any indication of anything but Sonys booth size have me excited

Space_nut

Phil said in the IGN podcast they got rid of the useless 50ft screens and moved the meeting rooms to other locations to only have game stations throughout their whole area. This is the best as more people will be focused on playing the games instead of having a few stations to play and a continuous loop of a trailer on a 50ft screen

This E3 is open to the public so let them play more

Top Bottom