• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The E3 2017 floor plans are up

Piggus

The size differences between Xbox >>> Nintendo > Sony, correlates pretty well with how many exclusive games I was expecting. I guess Scorpio won't really be playable(?).

Of course it will be playable. The Scorpio isn't a new-gen system with its own games. It's just their version of a mid-gen system like the PS4 Pro. You can expect games that we already know about to be running on it at 4K.

derFeef

The size differences between Xbox >>> Nintendo > Sony, correlates pretty well with how many exclusive games I was expecting. I guess Scorpio won't really be playable(?).

image.php

spekkeh

Banned
Of course it will be playable. The Scorpio isn't a new-gen system with its own games. It's just their version of a mid-gen system like the PS4 Pro. You can expect games that we already know about to be running on it at 4K.
Did they already start the final production run? I was expecting empty shells and pc approximations.

This strikes me as weird, you'd think now that E3 is open to the public they would want to have the most space with Scorpio launching later this year.
Setup boots so attendees could get hands-on with the new system, need pictures of the floors and the setups.

I doubt there's going to be many (if any) demos on the show floor with Scorpio. They're going to likely have everything at their press conference running on Scorpio, as well as some stage shows, but I don't think any non-media will get their hands on it.

Certainly doesn't inspire confidence in having playable demos of exclusive titles.

No one should have been confidant about that anyway.

You can fit a lot of game kiosks in 17,000sqft. They said they weren't doing a traditional spectacle and just filling the floor with games to play. They're not building a Minecraft card ride with animatronic creepers. IDK, I still think the announcements would be at the presser not on the show floor.

So it'll be PlayStation vs Nintendo hallway this year?

Assuming Microsoft keeps doing what it's been doing the past few years and that might be the better match-up, IMO.

Unless they have the games to back up the Scorpio reveal with, it's pretty much a fight between Ninty & Sony now.

Matt

You can fit a lot of game kiosks in 17,000sqft. They said they weren't doing a traditional spectacle and just filling the floor with games to play. They're not building a Minecraft card ride with animatronic creepers. IDK, I still think the announcements would be at the presser not on the show floor.
Don't go into E3 expecting a lot of new MS games.

Interesting that the 4122 booth is labelled SIE Europe instead of SIE America. Do they usually do that? I can't remember.

For reference, here's last year's floor plans:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1226481

Basically, Sony's booth is significantly larger, Microsoft's is significantly smaller and Nintendo's is basically the same. A bunch of published have smaller booths. And Activision and Bandai Namco are back.

I mean floor space is one thing but a lot of the floor is spent on third party games and marketing partners.

Was referring less to the amount of floor space and more to how that hallway pits Sony against Nintendo rather than Microsoft now.

Without non PC-too exclusives, Microsoft doesn't have much to distract the average consumer from Nintendo and Sony's offerings, IMO.

Cartho

I quite like that we've got Sony squaring up across a hallway with Ninty again. It's like the good ol' days of Playstation Vs N64.

I don't think floor space size really can tell us much about what MS have got to show but I'm not expecting a blowout of stunning exclusives. I'm expecting to hear "native 4k" over and over again, with screenshots which don't really look wildly different from a checkerboard 4k game on PS4 Pro.

That's my cynical hot take though, very prepared to eat crow if MS pull something wondrous out of the bag like a From soft exclusive.

Top Bottom