• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The E3 2017 floor plans are up

panda-zebra

Hopefully plenty of Sony floor space allows for lots of PS.VR hands on with new Sony titles. We need more of the level of stuff like RE7, Farpoint and Star Trek from Sony.

wapplew

Don't go into E3 expecting a lot of new MS games.

This make sense, since demo on show floor usually title closer to release.
I'm sure whatever new stuff they announce won't be available for the public, so there's no need for big booth.

Microsoft has moved most of its boothspace to the cloud.

No joke, this might be real. Maybe they can use that beam tech to let everyone at home play games like they are at the show floor.

Protome

The size differences between Xbox >>> Nintendo > Sony, correlates pretty well with how many exclusive games I was expecting. I guess Scorpio won't really be playable(?).

If they're smart, every demo at the MS booth will be running on Scorpio. Assuming they have usable units there's no reason not to, it's just a hardware revision after all.

paulogy

Isn't it not how big your booths are, but how you use them? ;-)

Given Microsoft's big E3 press conference is on Sunday, before E3, in a totally different location (Galen Center) - is it possible they will have demos setup in that building too?

That aside, I too suspect this year most games Microsoft will have to show will be a ways off, maybe in trailer form but not live demo form yet. And that requires a lot less space.

This year I hope PlayStation has a renewed commitment to PSVR, and those units definitely take more space to setup (and people to run).

The size differences between Xbox >>> Nintendo > Sony, correlates pretty well with how many exclusive games I was expecting. I guess Scorpio won't really be playable(?).

That's not how less than signs work...

Love it.

Carmelozi

It's there. They have a quite large space dedicated in permanent meeting rooms. Most probably they will have Pes 2018 and MGS Survive demos.

Oh okay. As you say, it'll probably for these two games but I really hope they are developping new games or remakes/remasters...

Cartho

giphy.gif

marmoka

Banned
Thanks for your work Rösti.

Sony and Nintendo finally together, and they both have the biggest stands.

I expected larger space for Microsoft because of Scorpio anyway.

jmartoine

That aside, I too suspect this year most games Microsoft will have to show will be a ways off, maybe in trailer form but not live demo form yet. And that requires a lot less space.

We hear this excuse every year with MS. The XB1 will have been out for 4 years this winter and we are still talking about them not having games ready to show off yet. There really is no excuse for that, right now they should be hitting their stride and bearing the fruits of their labour like Sony are managing to do.

Microsoft's booth size is smaller than Nintnedo's.

Doesn't really build confidence in for me that microsoft is going to have a strong E3.
Booth size means jack shit, it's how you utilize it. Bethesda had a humongous booth yhe past couple of years which basically consisted of statues and posters and nothing more. A baren walking space

Like last year 2k had a big space that was pretty much an indoor saloon to promote Mafia 3...like weeeeeee!

I can tell who has and who hasn't been E3 by people correlating booth space with playable games

Hopefully this means Nintendo's got plenty of cards up their sleeves.

Also, can we put the "This E3 is all about Scorpio guys!" meme to rest? It never made much sense and this difference in area between MS and the other big two just reinforces that.

Booth size means jack shit, it's how you utilize it. Bethesda had a humongous booth yhe past couple of years which basically consisted of statues and posters and nothing more. A baren walking space

Sony's booth is 2.5x larger than MS's, and I somehow doubt it's going to be a barren walking space.

I'm kind of surprised at the amount of booth space some places are splashing out for given their lack of titles.

Like does Warner need a booth the size of Ubisoft to show off Shadow of War and LEGO Marvel?

Gotta show off that Rocksteady Harry Potter game.

I want to believe.

Hopefully this means Nintendo's got plenty of cards up their sleeves.

Also, can we put the "This E3 is all about Scorpio guys!" meme to rest? It never made much sense and this difference in area between MS and the other big two just reinforces that.

Sony's booth is 2.5x larger than MS's, and I somehow doubt it's going to be a barren walking space.
Um I went to sonys booth last year and most of the space was for a private Horizon showing area and for PSVR demo area. Them and MS had pretty much the same amount of kiosks to play games on.

Plus I didn't mention Sony did I? I mentioned Bethesda and 2k having large space with essentially nothing to show. I just said stop trying to correlate space with kiosks for actually playing games

I'm kind of surprised at the amount of booth space some places are splashing out for given their lack of titles.

Like does Warner need a booth the size of Ubisoft to show off Shadow of War and LEGO Marvel?

Batman reveal or Rocksteady reveal maybe?

Also a small show for Cars 3 potentially?

Thanks Nirolak for sharing these deets:

He added that because the meeting rooms have been pulled from the booth - and likely moved to the second floor - the booth's square footage will take a hit. "The booth's size, from people that have kind of done math on our booth size, there's no conspiracy theory behind the size of the booth," Spencer said. "We know consumers are coming to the booth this year so our booth will probably feel a little different than it has in the past because when you open the show floor to 15,000 people who are really there to play games and maybe not stare at some of the big things that we've kind of had around."

Um I went to sonys booth last year and most of the space was for a private Horizon showing area and for PSVR demo area. Them and MS had pretty much the same amount of kiosks to play games on.

Sure, but didn't they have similarly sized booth areas last year to begin with?

Plus I didn't mention Sony did I? I mentioned Bethesda and 2k having large space with essentially nothing to show. I just said stop trying to correlate space with kiosks for actually playing games

I just used Sony as an example because they got the largest area. You could switch them with Nintendo and the meaning of my post would stay the same.

RdN

Surprised at the small MS booth.. Would think they'd get a bigger than usual space in order to have Scorpio demos all around.

I never really noticed the anti-Microsoft sentiments people always claimed about Gaf. But reading this thread kind of brought some of that to light.

MS having a smaller booth does not necessarily correlate to any failure on their part. Most games are probably 3rd party for sure, but those games should look and play better on Scorpio if MS delivers.

Would I like MS to invest heavily in exclusive games? Not really to be honest. Exclusives, while a reason to get one system over another, only serve to fragment gamers. Imagine how much better it would have been to have Xbox and PS and Nintendo gamers playing Rockeg League against each other, without these bs boundaries and game developer affiliations. I'd rather be able to play all games on a system of my choosing and that choice would be made based on whoever gives me the best value in terms of console, not games. I want to play Halo and Metroid and The Last of Us and not feel burdened to have to buy 3 different consoles.

It's like people want MS to fail when it's in gaming's best interest for them to be successful and not have Sony dominate the market place. I guess people forgot what the first 5 years of the PS3 were like.

Andrew J.

That is an awfully large space for Bethesda. Maybe something big (TES VI? Fallout 5?) will be announced at a conference. Or maybe it's just to show off an Elder Scrolls Online expansion.

Is there a particular reasons why SIE Europe and SEGA Europe have separate booths?

Ason

MisterR

I never really noticed the anti-Microsoft sentiments people always claimed about Gaf. But reading this thread kind of brought some of that to light.

MS having a smaller booth does not necessarily correlate to any failure on their part. Most games are probably 3rd party for sure, but those games should look and play better on Scorpio if MS delivers.

Would I like MS to invest heavily in exclusive games? Not really to be honest. Exclusives, while a reason to get one system over another, only serve to fragment gamers. Imagine how much better it would have been to have Xbox and PS and Nintendo gamers playing Rockeg League against each other, without these bs boundaries and game developer affiliations. I'd rather be able to play all games on a system of my choosing and that choice would be made based on whoever gives me the best value in terms of console, not games. I want to play Halo and Metroid and The Last of Us and not feel burdened to have to buy 3 different consoles.

It's like people want MS to fail when it's in gaming's best interest for them to be successful and not have Sony dominate the market place. I guess people forgot what the first 5 years of the PS3 were like.

People don't want MS to fail, they want them to do better. If there were no such things as exclusive games then there would be no reason to have more than one company making consoles. Microsoft being around and not doing any better than they've managed this gen are no check on Sony. 360 MS was a competitor. They need to step up their game, and if you only have an Xbox One, I'd hope you'd want more games made for it.

Top Bottom