• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The E3 2017 floor plans are up

Do we have a gaf meetup thread yet? i haven't seen one yet.

Probably start in the South Hall. Square usually gives away big tote bags. You can usually wander around the smaller third party booths for stuff. Nintendo/Atlus usually require you to play something before giving things away which can take forever with the lines but they're obviously the better quality stuff.

Thanks!

xintin

Aaaaaand now its Nintendo x PlayStation

Any editing magician can put Nintendo in place of Xbox? or nah?.
aVZAACAg.jpg

What in God's name are you playing, my guy?

Right now alternating between Friday 13th, Finishing Phantom Dust Campaign, Metro 2033 redux, and Dark Souls 3 (got at launch but I had just finished DS2 and was felling a bit burned on the formula so I took a while to be able to enjoy it more), and every night before sleeping a Gigantic match (trying to keep it playing only at night because this is a huge reason on why my backlog is growing faster than I can kill it).

mas8705

Normally I'm used to seeing Microsoft and Sony right next to each other and in the same hall as Nintendo and Sony. Seeing this however does feel... off. Perhaps with the reveal of the Scorpio, they may not require as much space, but it is still weird to look at.

est1992

I'm thinking that WB Montreal report is fake. They haven't released a game in four years and it's hard for me to believe that a studio would have one game cancelled in that time and start over on another and still be open

There were rumors swirling that they started work on a Superman game for Rocksteady and let them take over at Arkham Knight was done. It's tough to know what's really going on over there, too many rumors and different "leaks."

sam12

Microsoft being surrounded by 3rd parties is probably what Microsoft wants, so in that sense it could explain their location. Their emphasis this year is on 3rd party games running better on Scorpio.

RedHill

Banned
There were rumors swirling that they started work on a Superman game for Rocksteady and let them take over at Arkham Knight was done. It's tough to know what's really going on over there, too many rumors and different "leaks."
There's so many rumors. Jason Schreir said the Damian game was rebooted but didn't say anything else, and he was wrong about the game awards trailer for it. I don't think he has a solid source. I can't imagine a studio that hasn't released a game since 2014 would be able to start over on everything and stay open. What a waste of money.

starmud

Microsoft going home to the west hall... as for its size, I know in the south hall we've had booths with a second story, the booth could have more space than we think... unless the west hall can't support the height requirements that the south can?

Stiler

No CD Projekt? :(, first Rockstar delays RDR2 and says no E3 and now CD Projekt seems to not to be there either.

Those were my two main games I was looking forward to seeing at E3.

Wedzi

Banned
Isn't Microsoft running their own fanfest adjacent somewhere too?

Isn't fan fest generally a pretty small a fair? Like just 500 tickets? I haven't heard of MS doing something like an EA Play Event for their own stuff.

Originally I suspected MS to have a nice presence their with Scorpio running FIFA, Madden, a Battlefield 1 expansion but with the rumors of FIFA going with PlayStation for marketing and Battlefront already there I'm doubting myself.

Really hoping we get a nice one more thing that's more than just a $399 pre order now for Scorpio.

Dehnus

Underrated post. lol

They have moved the press meeting spaces off site though, and there is the fanfest outside. So technically it isn't just all inside that building. But I guess it is easier to just ridicule. I rather like Nintendo's directs, always did, less shouting crowds more info. I give Nintendo a lot of crap for their production and their distribution network, but the directs are just smart.

Dehnus

Isn't fan fest generally a pretty small a fair? Like just 500 tickets? I haven't heard of MS doing something like an EA Play Event for their own stuff.

Originally I suspected MS to have a nice presence their with Scorpio running FIFA, Madden, a Battlefield 1 expansion but with the rumors of FIFA going with PlayStation for marketing and Battlefront already there I'm doubting myself.

Really hoping we get a nice one more thing that's more than just a $399 pre order now for Scorpio.

They also moved the press and industry meeting rooms to the outside. But yes, it seems like MS treats E3 this year more like a press conference and presentation and less as a gaming industry conference were you can play their games and see their products for those that work in the industry.

As that is what E3 originally should be, an industry conference not a presentation. So MS is treating it as something else :(.

Do the floor plans show where the 15,000 members of the public are going to go and see shows/play demos etc?

I can't figure out what the plan is for them?

(I'd love to go if I could, even if there wasn't anything specific for the public...but just really curious).

Didn't Spencer say that their booth this year would just mostly be lines of demo stations instead of 'fluff' areas?

Something about they wanted to focus on the people who come to E3 and make it easy to play the games. Which I guess is especially important this year when they need to properly show off what the new console can do. I'm sure he said something along those lines a while back.

atr0cious

Didn't Spencer say that their booth this year would just mostly be lines of demo stations instead of 'fluff' areas?

Something about they wanted to focus on the people who come to E3 and make it easy to play the games. Which I guess is especially important this year when they need to properly show off what the new console can do. I'm sure he said something along those lines a while back.
But as others have said, wouldn't this mean the booth should be bigger, especially if there's going to be hands on for new games? Nintendo has had a different area for press and another area for investors since the first direct and their booth hasn't gotten any smaller.

But as others have said, wouldn't this mean the booth should be bigger, especially if there's going to be hands on for new games? Nintendo has had a different area for press and another area for investors since the first direct and their booth hasn't gotten any smaller.

Not necessarily. If the booth is mainly condensed lines of singular Scorpio / XB1S stations they might be able to get away with a smaller footprint. You can cram loads of these things into relatively tight spaces if they are all evenly lined up.

Slap half a dozen different games on them and jobs a good'un.

Nintendo's booths are often half full of giant Mario statues and stuff like that. Look at this space for example, you could easily get at least double the demo stations in there.

But who knows. We will see what the crack is in a week!

He's a dev Gaffer, knows a lot.

Posts #68 and #77

Right, he is saying don't expect a lot of new unknown exclusives on show. I wouldn't either.

That doesn't really have anything to do with booth size and amount of demo stations for the games they do have to show. Eg - this holidays exclusives, early 2018 exclusives and whatever 3rd party partnered games are in the booth.

As I said I am sure I read the focus this year would be on getting the E3 attendees to be able to play the games.

Top Bottom