• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind |OT| Why walk when you can ride?

BizzyBum

Completed Morrowind a few days ago, that was pretty disappointing. It felt like a regular zone but simply more refined and with a bit better writing. Don't really see how this qualifies as a 39.99$ expansion.

I liked the two long side quest chains though.

It's definitely meatier than DLC but yeah I can see it being overpriced at $40. Some of the quests were pretty great (Gnisis and Narsis Dren come to mind). The final quest for Vivec was pretty bad ass, too.

BizzyBum

I think it might be worth it alone as a Cliff Racer revenge simulator. There's also a song about them that bard's sing around Morrowind taverns that's pretty hilarious.

I finished up Sadrith Mora last night and that town is beautiful looking in ESO.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I think it might be worth it alone as a Cliff Racer revenge simulator. There's also a song about them that bard's sing around Morrowind taverns that's pretty hilarious.

I finished up Sadrith Mora last night and that town is beautiful looking in ESO.

You can definitely feel the love ZOS has poured into the expansion, such a breath of fresh air and even better than Orsinium for me.

I moved my original Post from the ESO Console OT here:

Originally Posted by MistaPropella

Good Evening, I have a short question regarding the crafting in ESO. Where do I get Ebony Ore? The thing is, i'm Level 41 and have Blacksmithing at 26, but I only find Dwarven Ore and Calcinium Ore. I searched up and down through Reaper's March and Bangkorai but with no luck.
So my question is, did I search in the wrong place or did I level to far ahead with Smithing for my Level 41 Character?

Because of the way resource spawning works (IIRC), you won't see ebony until around level 46. It's meant to make level 46-50 items, so you don't need it before then.

I see. But why was I able to farm some Ebony Ore in Rivenspire I think. Isn't my level in Blacksmithing decisive for what Ore I find in the world?

Redshirt

Banned
I moved my original Post from the ESO Console OT here:

Originally Posted by MistaPropella

Good Evening, I have a short question regarding the crafting in ESO. Where do I get Ebony Ore? The thing is, i'm Level 41 and have Blacksmithing at 26, but I only find Dwarven Ore and Calcinium Ore. I searched up and down through Reaper's March and Bangkorai but with no luck.
So my question is, did I search in the wrong place or did I level to far ahead with Smithing for my Level 41 Character?

I see. But why was I able to farm some Ebony Ore in Rivenspire I think. Isn't my level in Blacksmithing decisive for what Ore I find in the world?

Your chance to spot ebony ore is based on two things: blacksmithing and character level/champion points.

So, if you have metalworking rank 5 (ebony) but are level 50 cp70 (quicksilver), you'll see ebony 50% of the time and quicksilver the other 50%.

Location no longer matters since the One Tamriel update.

Here's a reference:
http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Blacksmithing

If you no longer have access to a particular material on a character, you need to buy it or get it from crafting writs.

Stevey

I thought the free Plus event was supposed to be finished now?
Just logged and am still running around Wrothgar although I've never bought Plus or any of the DLCs?

Stevey

Weird.
Just logged out and in again- still the same.

222444384EB3DA849701C3E80390848A3A2AF303

Edit: lol everyone got booted out.

ED79A80A0AF5F6314E37F7A7B83EAA7CA71DF02F

Hi Guys, just another short question, I have bought me a month of ESO Plus back in June and I must say, the crafting bag helps a lot with your inventory space management! But what happens, when my ESO plus runs out? What happens to the stuff in the bag? Will it transfered into my normal inventory or bank account?

BizzyBum

Hi Guys, just another short question, I have bought me a month of ESO Plus back in June and I must say, the crafting bag helps a lot with your inventory space management! But what happens, when my ESO plus runs out? What happens to the stuff in the bag? Will it transfered into my normal inventory or bank account?

It stays in the bag until you take it out.

So I'm currently at CP 133 and I guess that endgame gearing starts at CP 160, i.e. gear level cap? Any recommendations on what I should do when I reach that level? I have largely ignored dungeons, PvP, trials and battlegrounds up until this point. I've recently started Orsinium (I like it a lt more than Morrowind so far).

So I'm currently at CP 133 and I guess that endgame gearing starts at CP 160, i.e. gear level cap? Any recommendations on what I should do when I reach that level? I have largely ignored dungeons, PvP, trials and battlegrounds up until this point. I've recently started Orsinium (I like it a lt more than Morrowind so far).
This site becomes your best friend: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

You work out which sets you want to complete your character build, then grind for them. Some drop from solo play (dolmens, dungeons, quest rewards) in specific areas. Some drop from group dungeons or trials. Some from PVP. Some are crafted. Look at the set bonuses and where they drop to decide what you want (i.e: might want to start with solo zone drops for your first set before getting into group dungeons, for the extra boost when you do those), then start grinding!

I hate that CP 160 is a thing instead of end game starting at 50. What do new players really gain by being forced to grind THAT MANY levels with their first character? But at least once you make it to CP 160 on one character, you've made it with all of them. Every alt you get to 50 with will share the account-wide CP level.

Thanks.

I still remember the Veteran Level grind from launch, that was a lot more brutal as there wasn't any new content, only alliance zones. Think I got to V3 there before I gave up on the game. Here I can basically run through new content and gain xp that way.

I'm also happy it is account shared because otherwise it would be awful to level a second character. Feels good to level my lvl 50 DK alongside my main Templar.

Redshirt

Banned
Getting to cp160 is pretty fast thanks to enlightenment and the level cap increases. It's nothing like the cp630 grind. :p

But I do agree with you as far as removing the gear cap. It now exists as nothing more than a right of passage for new players, which isn't a great idea as an MMO ages.

Get you gear. That would be my focus. Farm the pieces, or farm gold and buy them. Post your class/build if you want advice.

Start with dungeons. When you want a solo experience, go to maelstrom arena, which is in Wrothgar.

Get in a guild with a target dummy or buy your own so that you can evaluate your rotation and DPS and set goals.

Once you can achieve a single-target DPS of 15k, you're good for anything outside of vet trials.

Emphatic Static has some great dungeon videos on YouTube so that you don't have to go into dungeons like a total noob.

Dungeon quests give skill points. Tell your group you need the quest. They will understand. We've all been there.

Redshirt

Banned
One more thing in case you didn't know:

You can do one random dungeon a day for a big XP rewards plus a gear reward (Rewards of the Worthy).

I'd get in the habit of doing that.

pitchfork

I finally hit level 50 last week, currently at CP61. Trying to mop up as many skyshards as possible to get my skill points in.

Become rather addicted to the housing editor though and now farming Gold to get as many of the achievement vendor items as I can

MaKTaiL

PS4 patching system is making ESO patches worse and worse everytime. I just needed to secure 80gb of free space on my PS4 to download the newest patch because it was telling me I didn't have enough space left. And the incremental part of the patch is only 400mb.

The original patch file for ESO is almost 40gb now, but the PS4 needs double that space to download the incremental patch.

BizzyBum

Yikes, feel bad for console users when it comes to patches and the size of the game.

I pretty much did everything in Morrowind except the trial, dailies, and fishing achievement. With that I have done everything you can do with solo PvE in the entire game, so now it's time to start the MMO portion of the game and either grind to max CP and get phat loot or PvP and I'm not sure I want to do that. I heard people solo group dungeons but I still have trouble doing that myself.

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer anywhere online for the PS4, but I finished Morrowind and enjoyed the other DLCs when they had the free weekend. I am thinking of buying the gold edition because it is $10 less that the DLC package in game, but will I be able to keep my character? It seems like the PC doesn't let you transfer, but I am not sure if the PS4 is the same way.

Bizzquik

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer anywhere online for the PS4, but I finished Morrowind and enjoyed the other DLCs when they had the free weekend. I am thinking of buying the gold edition because it is $10 less that the DLC package in game, but will I be able to keep my character? It seems like the PC doesn't let you transfer, but I am not sure if the PS4 is the same way.

You mean you have the PS4 base game + Morrowind and you want the PS4 Gold edition, so that you will have the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Imperial City, and Orsinium on PS4...?

Yeah, totally. As long as everything is PS4, you keep the same account and characters, as everything is tied into your PSN account. Buying the "Gold Edition" is just you literally buying a code to redeem on your PSN account.

Be aware that you cannot transfer your characters or account between Xbox to PC to PlayStation, however. You are locked into one ecosystem. So a character created on PS4 will always be a PlayStation-only character.

Mithos

install a proxy on your pc and it will download in 9 minutes like mine did this morning.

Thanks for the suggestion, will try, don't think it will speed up much though.

Edit:
Absolutely no change in download speed, now days I pretty much get the speed on PS4 as I have on PC, it should download twice as fast but don't and both PS4/PC speed test are the same (lower then it should atm)

You mean you have the PS4 base game + Morrowind and you want the PS4 Gold edition, so that you will have the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Imperial City, and Orsinium on PS4...?

Yeah, totally. As long as everything is PS4, you keep the same account and characters, as everything is tied into your PSN account. Buying the "Gold Edition" is just you literally buying a code to redeem on your PSN account.

Be aware that you cannot transfer your characters or account between Xbox to PC to PlayStation, however. You are locked into one ecosystem. So a character created on PS4 will always be a PlayStation-only character.

That is exactly what I was asking, thanks so much! I loved the Thieves Guild so much I want to continue.

Maybesew

Thanks for the suggestion, will try, don't think it will speed up much though.

Edit:
Absolutely no change in download speed, now days I pretty much get the speed on PS4 as I have on PC, it should download twice as fast but don't and both PS4/PC speed test are the same (lower then it should atm)

Sorry to hear that. Who is your provider?

MaKTaiL

Yikes, feel bad for console users when it comes to patches and the size of the game.

I pretty much did everything in Morrowind except the trial, dailies, and fishing achievement. With that I have done everything you can do with solo PvE in the entire game, so now it's time to start the MMO portion of the game and either grind to max CP and get phat loot or PvP and I'm not sure I want to do that. I heard people solo group dungeons but I still have trouble doing that myself.
Well, if Morrowind was your first time playing ESO, then now you have a whole world of quests to explore. Molag Bal awaits!

Redshirt

Banned
I heard people solo group dungeons but I still have trouble doing that myself.

Normal dungeons aren't that hard to solo at higher cp levels since you start to out-level the content.

Soloing vets is something you can challenge yourself with later, but not all vets are even solo-able, and it's harder now with the recent changes to regen.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Well, if Morrowind was your first time playing ESO, then now you have a whole world of quests to explore. Molag Bal awaits!

I'm in a curious position....I just finished the quest in the main Molag Bal questline where you vanquish
Mannimarco
and now I'm in
Coldharbor
with seemingly no main quest to do/left after the
mages and fighters guild were scattered to the wind and need finding.

Have I finished the main quest, or does it kick back in again? (or is
Coldharbor
stuff deemed as an endgame zone like doing another areas story quest to white out the icon there?).

Confusing a bit.

Redshirt

Banned
No. You haven't finished. You'll know when you do because there's a big fight between you and guess who.

The Coldharbour main quest feeds into the main story and finale. There are three key things you have to do in Coldharbour. Then the prophet will show up and kick off the end.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
No. You haven't finished. You'll know when you do because there's a big fight between you and guess who.

The Coldharbour main quest feeds into the main story and finale. There are three key things you have to do in Coldharbour. Then the prophet will show up and kick off the end.

Thanking you good sir, here is some skooma for your troubles :)

BizzyBum

Nah, I did everything in the entire game when it comes to solo PvE. lol

Normal dungeons aren't that hard to solo at higher cp levels since you start to out-level the content.

Soloing vets is something you can challenge yourself with later, but not all vets are even solo-able, and it's harder now with the recent changes to regen.

Yeah, I'm struggling right now to sustain my magicka during the longer boss fights and my DPS is a little light so I just need to improve my build / gear before I tackle them again.

Memnoch

I just picked ESO up again with the Morrowind expansion. I'm having a good time with it after platinum-ing Skyrim. Funny how this thread doesn't get more love. The FF mmo thread is crazy next to this one. What gives?

BizzyBum

I just picked ESO up again with the Morrowind expansion. I'm having a good time with it after platinum-ing Skyrim. Funny how this thread doesn't get more love. The FF mmo thread is crazy next to this one. What gives?

FF is a more popular MMO and this game had an awful first impression at launch so people still think it's the same game from 3 years ago and haven't played it since.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
FF is a more popular MMO and this game had an awful first impression at launch so people still think it's the same game from 3 years ago and haven't played it since.

I thought ESO had a bigger player base than FFXIV now?

Either way, the community (I've found) vs the FFXIV one is infinitely better: one of the best RP MMOs (and I don't 'hard' RP, just lite) out.

Loxley

To be fair, FF14 is the crowned king of shitty first impressions. That game was an unmitigated train-wreck. The difference of course being that ESO was gradually improved over time and a number of patches, whereas FF14 was straight-up re-launched and re-branded almost as an entirely different game from version 1.0. FF14 really benefited from relaunching itself - it was a smart move on Square's part. I have a feeling if the game had just been slowly patched to the point where it is now (like ESO), it would not be nearly as popular.

But I agree that a lot of folks still remember the rocky early days of ESO and likely keep away for that reason.

I still have good memories of the early days of ESO. I must have been one of the few who also liked the game at release. Only bailed when the Veteran level grind started.

BizzyBum

I still have good memories of the early days of ESO. I must have been one of the few who also liked the game at release. Only bailed when the Veteran level grind started.

Yeah, I enjoyed it at launch, too. More of the complaints at launch were for grouping and playing with friends and as a solo player never really had to deal with how bad that was at launch. But the difference between now and launch is staggering. Gotta give ZOS props.

Also, some sort of PvP-centric event coming up starting tomorrow: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...t-your-mettle-in-the-midyear-mayhem-pvp-event

demonkaze

Just about to start playing TESO with Morrowind for the first time on PS4. I was wondering if there's a good list of resources someone might have?

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
What is the etiquette for getting armor crafted? I want some Julianos and Seducer so do I just ask in zone chat and then pay for mats? Or supply the mats? +tip?

Bizzquik

Just about to start playing TESO with Morrowind for the first time on PS4. I was wondering if there's a good list of resources someone might have?

In-game resources, like materials? Or something handy, like a guide?

If you're looking for guides, there are some really interesting apps. "The ESO App" (unofficial) is a great app that you can use to track your progress as you collect Skyshards, get hints on alchemy combinations, info on gear, etc. I heartily recommend it ($2) if you have something like an ipad.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-eso-app/id1065810256?mt=8

(On PC, a lot of its core features would simply be free add-ons created by the community. But us console peasants have to take what we can get.)

BizzyBum

Just saw a post on reddit regarding this YouTube channel guide for new players: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV3JM9r9V4e2GTrkbysLl-CnBCpukLj_d

What is the etiquette for getting armor crafted? I want some Julianos and Seducer so do I just ask in zone chat and then pay for mats? Or supply the mats? +tip?

Most crafters just require that you provide the mats since at CP 160 it can get expensive with each piece of armor needing 130-150 mats each.

On a side note, the luxury furniture vendor this weekend is selling free Daedric Thrones with no limit. As expected...

Niwa

Saw a deal for the game incl. morrowind for 20€ and just had to dig in, I've played several sessions before on free weekends and yeah I started new with my Dark Elf in Vaardenfell instead of the usual bizarro-world, is this intended? Can I still travel back to the other regions to play with my friends who don't own the Morrowind Expansion?

Redshirt

Banned
Saw a deal for the game incl. morrowind for 20€ and just had to dig in, I've played several sessions before on free weekends and yeah I started new with my Dark Elf in Vaardenfell instead of the usual bizarro-world, is this intended? Can I still travel back to the other regions to play with my friends who don't own the Morrowind Expansion?

It's intended. Changed with the expansion, and yeah, you can go to the three alliance zones whenever you want.

dubq

Anyone else having issues launching this game post-most recent patch on PS4? Ever since the most recent patch I've been dealing with this. Launch the game, the "wallpaper" like intro image shows and stays there for about 2 minutes. If you try to switch back to the UI, it's completely slowed down and takes forever to just move your cursor. See video below. The game launched fine, in a few seconds, previous to the last patch.

ALSO: Once I get into the game, I can play..BUT if I quit the game and try to reload back into it without restarting my PS4, I get the E-80AA001A error. I have 200GB of free space, so I know that "having enough free space to launch the game" is not an issue. Really frustrating.

https://youtu.be/MFy4d1tPhfI

Taker34

Banned
Anyone else having issues launching this game post-most recent patch on PS4? Ever since the most recent patch I've been dealing with this. Launch the game, the "wallpaper" like intro image shows and stays there for about 2 minutes. If you try to switch back to the UI, it's completely slowed down and takes forever to just move your cursor. See video below. The game launched fine, in a few seconds, previous to the last patch.

ALSO: Once I get into the game, I can play..BUT if I quit the game and try to reload back into it without restarting my PS4, I get the E-80AA001A error. I have 200GB of free space, so I know that "having enough free space to launch the game" is not an issue. Really frustrating.

https://youtu.be/MFy4d1tPhfI

Haven't experienced this issue yet, regardless of patch. Try to rebuild your PS4 database and see if it's fixing the issue: https://www.psu.com/feature/33098/how-to-rebuild-ps4-database

Nice cat by the way!

BizzyBum

Did all the midyear mayhem achievements. The wreath is kinda lame, though.

It did inspire me to actually try PvP a lot for once. It's fun but lots of issues with Cryodiil in terms of performance which I'm sure was exasperated due to the event. I think I like BG's better.

Top Bottom