• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

BizzyBum

Blacksmithing seems a lot harder to level up than the other crafts? I Tried woodworking and clothing on my first character and they seemed fine, building or dissasembling something seemed to give a good portion of xp (1/7th a bar?) but blacksmithing.. anything i pull apart i get like.. 1/30th a bar.. and these are things ive found.. not things ive crafted :(

I believe I've read that the best way to level is to deconstruct other player's stuff - usually it's something easy to make like iron daggers.

Hawk269

I believe I've read that the best way to level is to deconstruct other player's stuff - usually it's something easy to make like iron daggers.

If you want to level up fast, you are absolutely correct. Creating items and then trading them to another player and in return you get what they made and then deconstruct is the fastest way to level the crafting xp bars. I used this a few times, once with a fellow Gaffer and it really helped me level up pretty fast.

A lot of people don't do it or are not aware of it.

Hawk269

I guess the console versions are delayed officially...but according to Gameinformer, this is the most interesting part of this delay and one I have not see any where else...

As a gesture of good will, Bethesda has made an arrangement with both Sony and Microsoft to get players into the game now on PC with a discount on console versions when they are released. If you purchase The Elder Scrolls Online before the end of June, you'll be eligible for a full version of the game on PS4 or Xbox One for only $20 (payable when those versions are available). This includes the ability to transfer characters over and another 30 days of game time.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-scrolls-online-delayed-for-xbox-one-ps4.aspx

BizzyBum

Man, the freezes in this game are annoying.

A couple times now my game froze during a quest and I had to restart the entire thing.

Alur

A couple times now my game froze during a quest and I had to restart the entire thing.

Is this a common thing?

I haven't encountered any issues like that, myself. Hadn't heard it from others either, but I guess that doesn't mean much.

There's only three major bugs I ran into...the fire quest near the end of the main story (leap of death), vampirism/sanies lupinus persisting even after you've became a full fledged werewolf or vampire resulting in an inability to swap between the two for 7 days, and the frozen screen you get when attempting to zone into Cyrodiil.

What kind of freezing? You you have to restart your game, or your pc? Have you submitted a ticket?

I've had my game freeze for 5-10 seconds a couple of different times, but then return to normal. That hasn't happened in a couple weeks now.

So the game has bored me and decided to spend some time trying PvP finally for real. This is supposed to be fun? All that seems to happen is constant CC nonsense. I've been stunned in place or knocked down so many times I can't even remember. And often am killed by one player before I can even get out of whatever cc I get hit with next. Not seeing the appeal at all.

If you want to level up fast, you are absolutely correct. Creating items and then trading them to another player and in return you get what they made and then deconstruct is the fastest way to level the crafting xp bars. I used this a few times, once with a fellow Gaffer and it really helped me level up pretty fast.

A lot of people don't do it or are not aware of it.
It's been hard to find anyone to do it with. I haven't gotten any responses in the guild or here. It's a bummer because I have too many mats and nothing to make.

Hawk269

It's been hard to find anyone to do it with. I haven't gotten any responses in the guild or here. It's a bummer because I have too many mats and nothing to make.

I am ALWAYS looking for someone to do this with. I also have a ton of mats, mainly Iron Ore and Sanded Maple. I been focusing on Woodcrafting, so if you have a lot of maple and want to do this let me know. Are you in the NA Guild? My name is the same as here @Hawk269. Send me a friend request and this way we can meet up and do this.

I am ALWAYS looking for someone to do this with. I also have a ton of mats, mainly Iron Ore and Sanded Maple. I been focusing on Woodcrafting, so if you have a lot of maple and want to do this let me know. Are you in the NA Guild? My name is the same as here @Hawk269. Send me a friend request and this way we can meet up and do this.
Sent! Woodworking and Clothing are my main focus right now, but I have an alt leveling Blacksmithing, and another for Enchanting. So let me know what you want to do.

I don't know selling the game for only 5 bucks is pretty shitty imo

? It would be more like they sell you 2 codes for $60/$20. If you're going to quibble it's $40 each for 2 games for one person (which is stupid in and of itself) then they also get to make $15/month for 4 - 5 months extra on those waiting for the console version who actually do this (and keep playing)... another $60 - $75.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
? It would be more like they sell you 2 codes for $60/$20. If you're going to quibble it's $40 each for 2 games for one person (which is stupid in and of itself) then they also get to make $15/month for 4 - 5 months extra on those waiting for the console version who actually do this (and keep playing)... another $60 - $75.

You get a month with the console version as well. Your account with the pc version is tied to the console one.

The only extra money they are making is the money from the subs a month after they buy the game before release and 5 bucks. If you were already playing the game you were going to spend 15 that month anyways.

You get a month with the console version as well. Your account with the pc version is tied to the console one.

The only extra money they are making is the money from the subs a month after they buy the game before release and 5 bucks. If you were already playing the game you were going to spend 15 that month anyways.

Which is more money than if the person bought the game twice.

You're assuming they are going to lose more money by eating the price of the console game than by not having those people subbed now.

This is Zenimax realizing this delay is going to lose them a big chunk of a market on the delay and trying to get some of them in now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Which is more money than if the person bought the game twice.

You're assuming they are going to lose more money by eating the price of the console game than by not having those people subbed now.

This is Zenimax realizing this delay is going to lose them a big chunk of a market on the delay and trying to get some of them in now.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying they are not trying to get money out of it. But saying you are "buying the game twice" makes it sound worse than it is.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Personally, I think they are doing the best possible thing here with the delay.

If the console version had as many bugs as the PC one (or more), the console crowd would be no-where near as forgiving as the PC MMO crowd (who are used to such things).

I'm re-subbing, I'm taking my time and have just discovered the joy of small group PvP... holy crap, the group makes ALL the difference (yay for guildees).

Oh yeah, I'm not saying they are not trying to get money out of it. But saying you are "buying the game twice" makes it sound worse than it is.

Ya it's not the act of buying. My point is Zenimax wants that money one way or another. Them losing the $40 later on the console game is completely negligible in their situation.

Personally, I think they are doing the best possible thing here with the delay.

If the console version had as many bugs as the PC one (or more), the console crowd would be no-where near as forgiving as the PC MMO crowd (who are used to such things).

I'm re-subbing, I'm taking my time and have just discovered the joy of small group PvP... holy crap, the group makes ALL the difference (yay for guildees).

For a subbed game you are absolutely correct. Personally I think they'll have a problem at that time of year releasing on console, especially after a game like Destiny that doesn't have a sub.

RoKKeR

Any thoughts on how this would run on a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro? I meet the minimum specs for everything but my GPU... which is a 320M instead of a 330M.

Alur

So the game has bored me and decided to spend some time trying PvP finally for real. This is supposed to be fun? All that seems to happen is constant CC nonsense. I've been stunned in place or knocked down so many times I can't even remember. And often am killed by one player before I can even get out of whatever cc I get hit with next. Not seeing the appeal at all.

After giving it a go at VR1 I am not a fan either. I didn't find CC an issue, though. Just a lot of zerging. I was melee and would regularly get rocked from range and I have no combat log to see who/what killed me for the moment which was a little annoying. Mostly it just made me wish I had leveled a range class...seems to be much safer if you aren't rolling with a death squad. I'll still take the SWTOR PVP any day, for sure.

Fuz

Banned

Yeah, I wasn't totally serious.

But it's definitely not something done out of good heart... they'll make more money out of it.

Btw, something that's bugging me: Is it normal that, despite being VR3, I never found a restoration staf skill book? And yes, I always check all the bookshelves.

Hawk269

Sent! Woodworking and Clothing are my main focus right now, but I have an alt leveling Blacksmithing, and another for Enchanting. So let me know what you want to do.

I can do all of them, my main focus is Wood working and Clothing as well. So next time you are on and you see me, let's do this. I have a ton of Sanded Maple and Jute so I can make a lot. I usually do batches of 20, trade, deconstruct then rinse and repeat. Basically it comes down to how many mats you have. I also leveled up my woodworking so I extract more materials from deconstructing, so what I usually do is trade the stone for whatever class you are back to you so you don't have to buy more of them to keep making items.

If we do this, if you don't mind I would want to start with Woodworking, if that is ok. If anyone else wan'ts in on this, just send me a friends request in the game and we can also partner up. @Hawk269

Hawk269

For a subbed game you are absolutely correct. Personally I think they'll have a problem at that time of year releasing on console, especially after a game like Destiny that doesn't have a sub.

6 months from now has it launching in November or so. So that would not be too bad, but my cystal ball is saying early 2015...there will be a higher user base due to the holidays and not a lot of releases at that time.

I am conflicted on bringing my PC character over to the Xbox One. From the get go, my intentions were to play the PC version until the Xbox One version comes out due to about 15-20 friends on Live that all want to get the game. With the delay, my PC character will be up there level wise and bringing him into the Xbox One version with all my friends starting out would not be good. Plus my wife is also playing on PC and we both want to be on the Xbox One.

I may just start fresh, but may make an alt character on the PC and give him/her a bunch of clothing/wood materials to lessen the grind of collecting. Still would give me a leg up, but only to a certain extent. Don't know why I feel torn about this. Feels like I am cheating. lol

If we do this, if you don't mind I would want to start with Woodworking, if that is ok. If anyone else wan'ts in on this, just send me a friends request in the game and we can also partner up. @Hawk269
Sure, sounds good to me. And don't worry about motif stones, I have a ton.

TheYanger

Ya it's not the act of buying. My point is Zenimax wants that money one way or another. Them losing the $40 later on the console game is completely negligible in their situation.

They're not 'losing' anything. They're actually charging you extra for the privilege of playing the game on PC while you wait for the console version.
It costs them nothing to give you the software either way (bandwidth fees, negligible), so from their perspective:
Box price + sub for either version of the game individually.
Box Price + Sub + 5 bucks for anyone willing to do this.

There's no additional cost to them in the sense that you're getting both versions, because they're tied to a single account. It's not PC game AND THE CONSOLE GAME FOR FIVE BUCKS AMAZING! It's them getting 5 bucks for whatever guy spent 10 minutes coding something that would let you transfer your pc account to an eventual console account, and they get to claim you as a sub early and charge you sooner.

To clarify, I don't think this is a bad deal if it interests you and I don't think it's sleazy of them or anything, I just don't want people thinking it's some badass deal out of the kindness of their hearts for some reason.

KePoW

Banned
I can do all of them, my main focus is Wood working and Clothing as well. So next time you are on and you see me, let's do this. I have a ton of Sanded Maple and Jute so I can make a lot. I usually do batches of 20, trade, deconstruct then rinse and repeat. Basically it comes down to how many mats you have. I also leveled up my woodworking so I extract more materials from deconstructing, so what I usually do is trade the stone for whatever class you are back to you so you don't have to buy more of them to keep making items.

Sure, sounds good to me. And don't worry about motif stones, I have a ton.

Hey Hawk, I'll still do this with you whenever I can. But I don't get a regular supply of materials, so you can just send me back something after I send you stuff.

Hawk269

Hey Hawk, I'll still do this with you whenever I can. But I don't get a regular supply of materials, so you can just send me back something after I send you stuff.

Sounds good. I will just send back my versions of what you send me.

BizzyBum

What kind of freezing? You you have to restart your game, or your pc? Have you submitted a ticket?

I've had my game freeze for 5-10 seconds a couple of different times, but then return to normal. That hasn't happened in a couple weeks now.

My game freezes but I can still hear the game working. For instance, if I press Alt I can hear the menu pop up, or if I press Z I can hear my dude take his weapon out. I noticed when I swing my weapon then it's a total crash with the bug window pop-up.

It might just be an issue with my PC.

hepburn3d

My game freezes but I can still hear the game working. For instance, if I press Alt I can hear the menu pop up, or if I press Z I can hear my dude take his weapon out. I noticed when I swing my weapon then it's a total crash with the bug window pop-up.

It might just be an issue with my PC.

I'd try uninstalling you graphics drivers and re installing them if I were you. I've had similar issues in the past and this usually resolves it.

Jobbs

Banned
Curious about the game, is it as overrun by bots and farmers as some reports indicate, and how much has the game improved since it launched?

Fuz

Banned
Curious about the game, is it as overrun by bots and farmers as some reports indicate, and how much has the game improved since it launched?

It's not that bad and absolutely no worse than every other mmo in this regard.

The decay rate of armor in combat is seriously broken. Going through a single dungeon and doing a couple quests put everything below 50%, and cost almost 800 gold to fix. 800-1000 every hour or two of gameplay? What in the actual fuck.

It wouldn't be as bad if I could just craft new armor like usual except there's no fucking tough leather dropping mobs in Malabal Tor, apparently.

BizzyBum

The decay rate of armor in combat is seriously broken. Going through a single dungeon and doing a couple quests put everything below 50%, and cost almost 800 gold to fix. 800-1000 every hour or two of gameplay? What in the actual fuck.

It wouldn't be as bad if I could just craft new armor like usual except there's no fucking tough leather dropping mobs in Malabal Tor, apparently.

I agree, decay is a little OD right now. They should either lessen the decay or gold requirement for repairing.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good Templar build while leveling? So far I've set him up as a Nord Tank, points in Health, and I've been putting skills into Aedric Spear, 1H/Shield, Heavy Armor, Undaunted, and Nord Passives. I've hit level 27 and now I'm starting to have an excess of skill points (standing at 10 I think now) and I'm not sure what to use them on. Another Templar tree, a secondary weapon line (2H?), Fighter's Guild, or maybe pick a crafting profession or two?

KePoW

Banned

I have not noticed this. Did you die during that period?

Dying definitely reduces the armor a lot more, but if you don't die I think it's balanced fine.

There should be a death penalty in MMOs so I'm okay with that.

hepburn3d

Big thanks to whoever put a Dark Elf Crafting Book in the NeoGaf (EU) bank, I'm level 30 and have yet to find a single one and I've looted everything I've come across.

What's the best way for me to get a hold of these outside of spam chatting and looting? Is there a Guild someone could invite me to that has a decent auction house for these?

I'm @hepburn3d

I find it frustrating that outside of pure chance I can't get one

I have not noticed this. Did you die during that period?

Dying definitely reduces the armor a lot more, but if you don't die I think it's balanced fine.

There should be a death penalty in MMOs so I'm okay with that.
Nope, no death. I don't die that often. Almost all my Armor decay is just from general combat, which is why it's so baffling. For 800-1000 gold to repair half broken armor, I can buy mats and make more armor for less. It's just silly. Especially as it only lasts a level or two without repair.

Big thanks to whoever put a Dark Elf Crafting Book in the NeoGaf (EU) bank, I'm level 30 and have yet to find a single one and I've looted everything I've come across.

What's the best way for me to get a hold of these outside of spam chatting and looting? Is there a Guild someone could invite me to that has a decent auction house for these?

I'm @hepburn3d

I find it frustrating that outside of pure chance I can't get one
It's generally only in furniture containers, and maybe urns. One of the starter areas, can't remember which off hand, has a bunch of buildings with such containers in the main/starter city. Run through all of them, then log in and out to reset, and repeat the circuit. Might be the DC starter area? It's not AD and it's not Skyrim/Morrowind.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
They ever fix it so you couldn't exit the game in a personal instance and load the game back up and have all the jars in the area respawned? I remember getting about 30 books that way when I was still playing :p

Nope, no death. I don't die that often. Almost all my Armor decay is just from general combat, which is why it's so baffling. For 800-1000 gold to repair half broken armor, I can buy mats and make more armor for less. It's just silly. Especially as it only lasts a level or two without repair.

It's generally only in furniture containers, and maybe urns. One of the starter areas, can't remember which off hand, has a bunch of buildings with such containers in the main/starter city. Run through all of them, then log in and out to reset, and repeat the circuit. Might be the DC starter area? It's not AD and it's not Skyrim/Morrowind.

It is AD. First bank area. There are like 10 apots insidw the room with the bank, ans two outside. Just open them, relog, do it again.

GoldChain

Any thoughts on how this would run on a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro? I meet the minimum specs for everything but my GPU... which is a 320M instead of a 330M.

Game runs terrible on mac.

I have a 2013 macbook pro and I get so many graphical glitches its not even worth it. I installed it on my wife's macbook air 2013 minimum settings, same graphical issues.

KePoW

Banned
The DC Daggerfall bank has a lot of bookshelves & openables in the building. I've gotten quite a few motif books just from that one area.

Speaking of which -- On the US server, I have an extra Orc motif book. Anyone want to trade me another motif book for it? I'll take any race.

Top Bottom