• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

hepburn3d

Been wanting to play this game, but I need controller support. My wrists can't handle playing with mouse and keyboard. Are there any news about controller support for pc or is the console release my only chance?

As far as I'm aware there are no plans for controller support in the near future. The handles are in the code for it but they've yet to implement it. You can use xpadder / pinnacle profiler and a nice person has made an addon called StratejacketControllerSupport that changes the ui to work with your controller.

I only use controller for gameplay then a keyboard when I need to type in chat
damn you M$ for no chatpad driver support!!!

it's playable but if you want it to be playable with no typing and plug and play functionality then i'd wait for console

Update 5 did officially get rolled out for everyone. Official patch notes here.

Forgot that the new lip synch was included. Will log back in to try the crafting stuff.

Also sounds like they switched VR progression to experience points, about 1.5 million(?) per. If there's a faster way to level, I might finally try. Didn't have the energy to run all 3 factions.

hepburn3d

13GB Update :|

Left that downloading for the day.

Looking forward to how my Stamina build will fair in combat now. Ran a few more group dungeons last night with some randoms, such a laugh. The combat in this game is awesome at times. Really enjoyed one of the Dwemer bosses who uses a spinning blades attack, who ever gets the aggro just starts legging it :D is brilliant
till he catches you :(

I feel like a right bastard for not playing this past the free month, as it was fun for what it was. However... I really can't bring myself to pay monthly fees for games anymore.

hepburn3d

I feel like a right bastard for not playing this past the free month, as it was fun for what it was. However... I really can't bring myself to pay monthly fees for games anymore.

I think that's fair enough. The way I see it is if I start playing another game I'll cancel my sub otherwise the money I would be using on new games is getting me a sub. After playing F2P games like Neverwinter I really get the difference in quality, updates and expense now. I spent way more in F2P games because it was the only way for me to get everything out of the game that it was trying to offer. At least with a sub I feel the only limit I have is the amount of time I have to play it.

Also this is the best co-op game ever for me and the wife. I've played so many co-op games that were great but for 2 people who want adventuring fun (without guns) this game is my go to game.

I played it with a friend and we had fun, but at the time it wasn't finishing our quests together. So had to do the same quest twice at times, which was odd.

BLunted

Banned
How is this game holding up? I quit because I found there were too many issues for my liking, such as problems grouping, lack of end game content, issues with Nightblades and stamina in general.

Honestly speaking, have these issues been resolved?

dubq

Would be nice if they gave an update on the console versions.. I still have my pre-order, but it really sucks to not even know where they are at with this version of the game..

hepburn3d

Would be nice if they gave an update on the console versions.. I still have my pre-order, but it really sucks to not even know where they are at with this version of the game..

Rumors are April 2015, I think you'll want to wait as the UI is not controller friendly at present.

How is this game holding up? I quit because I found there were too many issues for my liking, such as problems grouping, lack of end game content, issues with Nightblades and stamina in general.

Honestly speaking, have these issues been resolved?

1.0 to 1.3 The bugs were enraging. I was on the brink of quitting forever.
1.4 Many bugs were fixed. Game was actually fun and playable, dungeons achievable, main story completable.
1.5 Things are getting really good. Stamina builds are now very strong. Group quests are shared credit. Bugs are very infrequent. No bots. No spammers. Really nice community (I group with strangers most nights and they're extremely friendly). A decent game, the game that they should have released. I'd say we're finally out of the unofficial "beta".

In terms of the game it's solid now. I'm excited for the next updates now as they should hopefully be focused on the new features i.e. champion system, justice system, thieves guild, assassins guild, dueling etc

BLunted

Banned
Rumors are April 2015, I think you'll want to wait as the UI is not controller friendly at present.

1.0 to 1.3 The bugs were enraging. I was on the brink of quitting forever.
1.4 Many bugs were fixed. Game was actually fun and playable, dungeons achievable, main story completable.
1.5 Things are getting really good. Stamina builds are now very strong. Group quests are shared credit. Bugs are very infrequent. No bots. No spammers. Really nice community (I group with strangers most nights and they're extremely friendly). A decent game, the game that they should have released. I'd say we're finally out of the unofficial "beta".

In terms of the game it's solid now. I'm excited for the next updates now as they should hopefully be focused on the new features i.e. champion system, justice system, thieves guild, assassins guild, dueling etc

Sounds very promising.

I really wanted to love the game, but as you said, the bugs were infuriating. I may have to give it another shot.

lazygecko

I will probably give this another go once the justice system is implemented. Is that slated for 1.6?

Also wondering how many content patches there will be before they get to an expansion. If that's even part of their business model.

hepburn3d

I will probably give this another go once the justice system is implemented. Is that slated for 1.6?

Also wondering how many content patches there will be before they get to an expansion. If that's even part of their business model.

I think the champion system is the next phase. Although that'll be in stages. I'd imagine the justice system won't be until 1.7 / 1.8 but I'll be happily wrong.

lazygecko

There's nothing stopping you from just downloading the EU client (don't ask me why they require 2 separate installs for EU and NA servers) and make a new character on that. If you're near the east coast the latency should be well within the bounds of playable.

There's nothing stopping you from just downloading the EU client (don't ask me why they require 2 separate installs for EU and NA servers) and make a new character on that. If you're near the east coast the latency should be well within the bounds of playable.

Unfortunately I am not. I am smack in the middle of the US. I might do that though, just not at the moment.
I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who still plays on the NA guild. lol

That's a shame. If we can find more people we should get a guild going again.

I just re-subbed in the NA server. Please send me an invite @jesusu and get this ball rolling!

Well if everyone is okay with it I could start one. I do have plenty of experience as an Officer and a Guild Master. It's not like we won't coordinate here anyways. If not, send me an invite at @XTVengeance.

hepburn3d

If the old guild master hasn't been on in aaaages you can send an email to Zenimax and they'll promote you to guildmaster if the old one doesn't reply/mind. I did that with the EU guild to keep it alive and for when everyone comes back *sighs* haha

FYI the 6 month pets have been sent out. Very cool dwemer pets :)

Well the guild I had been part of was shut down. I tried contacting Zenimax to get control of it, and I guess the former guild master shut it down. I suppose I can make a North America NeoGAF guild.

I am a member of the Ebonheart Pact by the way.

hepburn3d

Well the guild I had been part of was shut down. I tried contacting Zenimax to get control of it, and I guess the former guild master shut it down. I suppose I can make a North America NeoGAF guild.

I am a member of the Ebonheart Pact by the way.

I'm thinking of making an OT2. There's tonnes more info to put in about the updates and I feel like this thread started out with all the horror of the beta and initial release. Now I think the game is worthy of a new thread and fresh start. Could also use it to champion a new NA/EU guild?

Any ideas on a thread title?

I'm thinking of making an OT2. There's tonnes more info to put in about the updates and I feel like this thread started out with all the horror of the beta and initial release. Now I think the game is worthy of a new thread and fresh start. Could also use it to champion a new NA/EU guild?

Any ideas on a thread title?

I am not 100% sure, but perhaps something to do with dusty old scrolls and drunken pant-less Nords. I seriously see Nords running around without pants way too often. The best part is that they are wearing all of the rest of their armor.

Somnia

re-downloaded this last night, going to play it casually on the side as I'm heavily into WoW right now, but man this game has come a long way. The upcoming changes are really going to do an amazing thing for this game I think. Also it feels like the community is still going pretty strong.

Alright, so GAF is up and running. Anyone who wants in on the NA side, just PM me with your account name and I will add you as soon as I get it.

Top Bottom