• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited - |OT| - Console edition

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Question!

I already have an ESO account (for PC, non-Steam though) and saw Gold on sale. If I bought the Gold on sale it will be a separate account? Not the one I already have? If so, I can't link it?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Question!

I already have an ESO account (for PC, non-Steam though) and saw Gold on sale. If I bought the Gold on sale it will be a separate account? Not the one I already have? If so, I can't link it?

If it's a CD key you can add it to your account thru the ESO.com site.

Any other way of obtaining gold (ie. thru the official store, or on Steam) won't be able to be applied to an existing account.

Boss Doggie

If it's a CD key you can add it to your account thru the ESO.com site.

Any other way of obtaining gold (ie. thru the official store, or on Steam) won't be able to be applied to an existing account.

...I guess it's time to make a new account then, the sale is too good

Freeman76

Im level 7 still faffing in the first zone Bhetnik, do I get quests to move to other zones or should I just travel off into the night myself?

StuffRuff

Soooo I actually decided I want to buy this while its on sale, but now it wont let me "Buy a Copy" as it says I already own it?! I'm guessing that's becuase I "own" it while the free play is on but not sure how to get around that. What's a man to do when Microsoft wont let me give them money lol

Turkoop

Banned
I have some problems with the game. Playing as a Sorceror with Bow and skilling endurance but I have big problems to do quests alone. I'm dying many times and have no chance against them. Any suggestions?

Boss Doggie

God uninstalling ESO was a chore. Apparently you have to do it via the launcher than the actual uninstaller otherwise you wouldn't have a way to properly remove it. Had to delete the Zenimax folder in Program Files and the TESO folder in Documents lol

So last I played from my old account was Imperial City just about to be released. How much has changed?

Soooo I actually decided I want to buy this while its on sale, but now it wont let me "Buy a Copy" as it says I already own it?! I'm guessing that's becuase I "own" it while the free play is on but not sure how to get around that. What's a man to do when Microsoft wont let me give them money lol

Are you trying to buy ESO Gold? Have you ever purchased any prior version of ESO on XB1?

StuffRuff

Are you trying to buy ESO Gold? Have you ever purchased any prior version of ESO on XB1?

No just the standard tamriel unlimited version for £6.60. It comes up and says I can play or buy a copy and when I hit buy a copy it quickly changes to say I already own the game. I'm almost certain I've never bought it on Xbox.

dubq

Reading from this, does this mean no more "region lock" areas regardless of your race? You can now start any faction regardless of your race?

I don't think so. You still have to choose the specific races for the faction you choose, but factions now only play a role in PVP battles. For example, if you want to play as a Khajiit in the Ebonheart Pact you'd need the "any race any alliance" add-on in the Crown store. It comes as a part of the "Adventurer Pack" - http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore#adventurer-pack

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Reading from this, does this mean no more "region lock" areas regardless of your race? You can now start any faction regardless of your race?

Races are still tied to factions (unless you have the Imperial Edition) but you're free to travel to all 3 starting locations immediately when you roll any character and do all the quests for all of them.

Boss Doggie

I don't think so. You still have to choose the specific races for the faction you choose, but factions now only play a role in PVP battles. For example, if you want to play as a Khajiit in the Ebonheart Pact you'd need the "any race any alliance" add-on in the Crown store. It comes as a part of the "Adventurer Pack" - http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...dventurer-pack

So Gold doesn't have that I take it?

Races are still tied to factions (unless you have the Imperial Edition) but you're free to travel to all 3 starting locations immediately when you roll any character and do all the quests for all of them.

I had the Imperial Edition but it only allowed me to play as Imperial (only race for all factions) and that healer/white magic class.

dubq

So Gold doesn't have that I take it?

I don't think so. I think you had to have gotten it as a pre-order bonus when the game first launched to have it bundled in, which is how I got it. That being said, crowns are on sale until the 18th so if you did want to dip into the cash shop for it, it's going to cost you about 30-50% less real money than it normally would, depending on how many crowns you end up buying.

Turkoop

Banned
I have some problems with the game. Playing as a Sorceror with Bow and skilling endurance but I have big problems to do quests alone. I'm dying many times and have no chance against them. Any suggestions?

Help would be great! I guess I skilled my character wrong.

dubq

Help would be great! I guess I skilled my character wrong.

What level are you at? Have you added skills into any of the armor's skill lines? Once you unlock those you start to get bonuses based on wearing x-many pieces of that type of armor - comes in very handy.

Also, would anyone be interested if I created a Google doc form to track all of the players, console & PC? It would be nice to have an index of everyone playing this and also could be the basis of deciding if we need to form a new Guild..?

Boss Doggie

I don't think so. I think you had to have gotten it as a pre-order bonus when the game first launched to have it bundled in, which is how I got it. That being said, crowns are on sale until the 18th so if you did want to dip into the cash shop for it, it's going to cost you about 30-50% less real money than it normally would, depending on how many crowns you end up buying.

Ah cool, it's a week long holiday here so I wouldn't be able to get them until next week.

Freeman76

I played the trial up to level 7 and its not bad, so I bought it. I will pay for a month of premium as well I think, so I can check out some of the DLC quest lines. Is there a good time to wait to do that or just grab it now?

Also are there any zones which are regarded as having the most engrossing content?

dubq

Also are there any zones which are regarded as having the most engrossing content?

I was really fond of the storyline in the Orsinium DLC. If you just want vanilla ESO, then the main story is your best bet. So far I've had the most fun with Ebonheart Pact's side of the story - it's by and large the same for every faction but with other characters swapped in depending on the faction. I just found that the struggles between the Nord / Dunmer / Argonian races to be very interesting.

Nerix

Just saw the good offer in the psn store. Is the gold version worth it (premium / standad gold?), or is the standard version good to start with?

I would like to play that mainly with a buddy, is that possible from the beginning?

gioGAF

- Bow is a little difficult to start with. You don't have a great spammable. Snipe has a cast time and some mobs will wreck you before you get a few off. You also do not have a reliable heal early on.

Since you are using what appears to be a stamina character, here is some general advice:
- Put attribute points into stamina when you level up. This increases your bow damage (consider using a 2 hander as well once you reach level 15, or just switch to it now and add the bow back when you reach 15, your choice).
- Wear armor you pick up, preferably at least one of each type so you can get levels in each type (light, medium, heavy). This will help later on. For the early game, I would probably use mostly heavy since you don't really have enough passives to make going medium (preferred for stamina characters) worth it over the resistance heavy provides.
- The starter islands drop "Trainee" armor pieces. These are helpful during the early game since they have the "Training" trait on them which allows you to level faster. Areas level with you, so you can farm some Trainee gear now Betnikh/Stroskai (spelling?), then come back in 5 or so levels and get an updated set. This will keep you moving along.
- Put one skill from each of your class skill lines on your bar:
Daedric Summoning
Dark Magic
Storm Calling
Just having the skill on your bar levels the tree, you don't have to use them.Unfortunately, many of your class skills aren't the greatest for stamina Sorcerer early on. Some of the best are:

Bound Armor morphed to Bound Armaments
Dark Exchange morphed to Dark Deal
Lightning Form morphed to Hurricane
Surge morphed to Critical Surge

Hope this helps. I'm on PS4 NA if you need additional help (Akuma_818)

dubq

Just saw the good offer in the psn store. Is the gold version worth it (premium / standad gold?), or is the standard version good to start with?

I would like to play that mainly with a buddy, is that possible from the beginning?

Gold is great because it comes with all of the DLC - Dark Brotherhood & Thieves Guild add some really fun mechanics to the game. Gold Premium gives you 5000 crowns for the store, so you don't really need that unless you want to dip into the cash shop.

You can definitely quest from the start with a friend, just be aware that some quests change the physicality of the environment, so if you're ever ahead of him for certain areas or quests there's a chance you could be in different phases in that area until the other person completes the quest needed.

Turkoop

Banned
- Bow is a little difficult to start with. You don't have a great spammable. Snipe has a cast time and some mobs will wreck you before you get a few off. You also do not have a reliable heal early on.

Since you are using what appears to be a stamina character, here is some general advice:
- Put attribute points into stamina when you level up. This increases your bow damage (consider using a 2 hander as well once you reach level 15, or just switch to it now and add the bow back when you reach 15, your choice).
- Wear armor you pick up, preferably at least one of each type so you can get levels in each type (light, medium, heavy). This will help later on. For the early game, I would probably use mostly heavy since you don't really have enough passives to make going medium (preferred for stamina characters) worth it over the resistance heavy provides.
- The starter islands drop "Trainee" armor pieces. These are helpful during the early game since they have the "Training" trait on them which allows you to level faster. Areas level with you, so you can farm some Trainee gear now Betnikh/Stroskai (spelling?), then come back in 5 or so levels and get an updated set. This will keep you moving along.
- Put one skill from each of your class skill lines on your bar:
Daedric Summoning
Dark Magic
Storm Calling
Just having the skill on your bar levels the tree, you don't have to use them.Unfortunately, many of your class skills aren't the greatest for stamina Sorcerer early on. Some of the best are:

Bound Armor morphed to Bound Armaments
Dark Exchange morphed to Dark Deal
Lightning Form morphed to Hurricane
Surge morphed to Critical Surge

Hope this helps. I'm on PS4 NA if you need additional help (Akuma_818)

What level are you at? Have you added skills into any of the armor's skill lines? Once you unlock those you start to get bonuses based on wearing x-many pieces of that type of armor - comes in very handy.

Also, would anyone be interested if I created a Google doc form to track all of the players, console & PC? It would be nice to have an index of everyone playing this and also could be the basis of deciding if we need to form a new Guild..?
Thanks! I'll look into this.

Nerix

Gold is great because it comes with all of the DLC - Dark Brotherhood & Thieves Guild add some really fun mechanics to the game. Gold Premium gives you 5000 crowns for the store, so you don't really need that unless you want to dip into the cash shop.

You can definitely quest from the start with a friend, just be aware that some quests change the physicality of the environment, so if you're ever ahead of him for certain areas or quests there's a chance you could be in different phases in that area until the other person completes the quest needed.
Thx, I think I'll give it a try if I can convince my buddy to buy it too. Strangely he says, that he gets some motion sickness or so from watching lets plays :/

dubq

Thx, I think I'll give it a try if I can convince my buddy to buy it too. Strangely he says, that he gets some motion sickness or so from watching lets plays :/
Is that in first or third person? I could see first person doing that to some people as it can get quite hectic.

PepperedHam

Anyone know what happens if I buy gold edition physical while already owning an existing account? With GCU it's much cheaper than if I were to buy the DLCs I'm missing, so just curious if you can just redeem a code and it unlocks stuff for you or if you have to start a brand new account.

Redhood

This game has been on my radar with it being on sale I am thinking whether I should invest my time in it. I like FFXIV's Lore, Story and Combat but the Exploration and Dungeons leaves a lot to be desired. I like Skyrim for its amazing exploration, map design, dungeons but the combat to be servicable. Will I like this game GAF?

This game has been on my radar with it being on sale I am thinking whether I should invest my time in it. I like FFXIV's Lore, Story and Combat but the Exploration and Dungeons leaves a lot to be desired. I like Skyrim for its amazing exploration, map design, dungeons but the combat to be servicable. Will I like this game GAF?
The gold edition is only 15.99 on best buy now if you have gcu else 19.99. Ps4 and Xbox version. Give it a try. I bought it this week. I am enjoying it. Also if you got a PC there is a free weekend now on steam. And base game is on sale for 9.99 and gold edition is 29.99.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

i love exploring in ESO. haven't really done dungeons in ESO so can't comment on that. all i can say is that ESO is by far my favourite MMO. FFXIV was my first and I was into WoW for a while. XIV/WoW's lore or story never really gripped me but in ESO i take my time reading every single piece of text and sometimes even read books I find lying about. the world in ESO is beautiful and i hardly left the first major area or did any DLC content and i'm about 25 hours in so far. that was mostly just doing the main quest and a few side quests. i have still to do a load of side quests in this first area.

there is a free weekend on right now so you should give it a go. if you enjoy it then it's only £8 (UK) for the game until the 26th on PSN this doesn't include the DLC though but there is plenty of content in the base game. if you like it then you can buy the DLC at another time. if you want the gold edition then that cost £19.99 but keep in mind this doesn't include all DLC. you'll need to buy Shadows of the Hist which is just dungeons. the other DLCs you get with the gold edition add new story lines/areas etc. when morrowind comes out that will cost £30.

there is a subscription but it's totally optional but if you do want to subscribe then you'll get some bonuses and access to all DLC while your subscription is active. Morrowind won't be included in this though. you'll need to pay for that even if you have a subscription. i don't think i could ever go back to WoW/XIV unless they got rid of subscription.

I hear this game is pretty playable as b2p product. The sub benefits are pretty minor. Unlike SWTOR lol. That's why i didn't sub when i got the game this weekend.

dubq

I hear this game is pretty playable as b2p product. The sub benefits are pretty minor. Unlike SWTOR lol. That's why i didn't sub when i got the game this weekend.
Yeah, SWTOR and DCUO could learn something from ESO as far as subs go. DCUO especially is so limiting when you're not subbed.

Boss Doggie

Pretty sure that expansion came out after the Gold Edition was released; the Gold Edition simply coalesced the main expansions up to that point.

Ah that explains a lot

Actually I'm thinking if I should pick between 1500 Crowns or 3 months subscription. Basically only 2 dollars difference.

EDIT: apparently Steam subscription is wonky?

Top Bottom