• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn |OT| Did you think you were the only one?

So original skyrim is on sale onpc for $5. Should i pull the trigger or wait for a good deal on the legendary edition?

Well, the DLC will undoubtedly gone on sale, too, so if you're planning on playing right now: do it. If you're adding it to your backlog: wait for a sale on the Legendary.

Godan

Hey guys so over in the other thread i asked the following but was told to post in here now.

Not sure if anyone could help me.

Got Skyrim about a week ago on pc for Steam. Seems fine till I get my weapon and whenever I attack or do anything with my character their is no sound. Anybody had this issue and fixed it?

Was told I should run the game cache validation from Steam which i have done and I get "1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired." but i don't think it reacquires if for me.

Yeah already did this about 4 times as I couldn't get my mouse to work at all with the game but also tested out the sound problem each time and it was always the same.

Weird. Have you tried seeing if there's anyone with the same issues on Google? Could be there's something wrong with your sound settings (or more specifically, Skyrim just not liking them).

Godan

Weird. Have you tried seeing if there's anyone with the same issues on Google? Could be there's something wrong with your sound settings (or more specifically, Skyrim just not liking them).

Manage to fix it looks like i had to install it on my C: drive for the sound to work kinda weird.

Thanks for trying to help out anyway :)

daninthemix

Have just started another runthrough of this after completing it on release. Am finding it a bit boring to be honest. Using a fireball in the left hand and a straight sword in the right. Not sure how to become more engaged. Wonder if this is just post-Dark Souls blues?

Woorloog

Banned
Have just started another runthrough of this after completing it on release. Am finding it a bit boring to be honest. Using a fireball in the left hand and a straight sword in the right. Not sure how to become more engaged. Wonder if this is just post-Dark Souls blues?

Well if you're playing Skyrim for deep combat, you're doing it wrong.
Besides, you should Dragon Shout your way to victory.

If you're on PC, you might look at various mods that make combat different, more difficult or other stuff.

I will note that Spellsword style is rather boring, IMO, in Skyrim due to one's inability to cast spells while attacking (or at very least, they slow down attacking) and make aiming clunky along other issues like spell and weapon switching a pain the ass.
I miss that cast spell button from Oblivion so very much. Made Spellsword-style really viable.

daninthemix

How do I get going with smithing? I've smithed a few iron things, but how do you smith the better gear?

I still love the wandering, though it can be annoying when you come across a giant you have no chance of killing.

Mono

Hundreds of hours in this game and I just found Sheogorath! Now I want to play Shivering Isles again. I likes Shivering Isles better than Oblivion.

On Demand

Banned
If i improve my armor from fine to exquisite-using fortify items-does it still follow a linear improvement? Like should i improve them to superior first then exquisite, or do the numbers add up anyway?

Top Bottom