• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM ANNIVERSARY EDITION FAQ by Bethesda

Draugoth

Gold Member
Bethesda has released a FAQ for the new edition detailing upgrade routes and prices

FDcARyDWUAcNzw8

What is the Skyrim Anniversary Edition?

The Skyrim Anniversary Edition bundles together Skyrim Special Edition with every piece of Creation Club content released at the time of the Anniversary Edition’s launch, including additional quests, armor and gameplay modes. Get a first look at some of the content included in our article here.

Players who already own Skyrim Special Edition may choose to purchase just the Anniversary Upgrade, which includes all the Creation Club creation content mentioned above in one convenient, high-value bundle.

What is the price of the Skyrim Anniversary Edition and the Anniversary Upgrade?

• The MSRP for the Skyrim Anniversary Edition on digital storefronts will be USD $49.99/EUR €54.99/GBP £47.99/AUD $79.95/RUB 3399 at launch.
  • If you already own Skyrim Special Edition, the MSRP for the Anniversary Upgrade on digital storefronts will be USD $19.99/EUR €19.99/GBP £15.99/AUD $29.95/RUB 1429 at launch.
Prices and availability may differ by region or platform. Check your local retailer for your local price.

*Will there be a physical version of the Anniversary Edition?

Yes, there will be physical copies of the Anniversary Edition available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems. Please note that while the physical edition contains a game disc, internet access is required to redeem and download the Creation Club content included in the Anniversary Edition.

Prices and availability for physical copies may vary, check your local retailer for details.

Is Skyrim getting a next-gen upgrade?

Yes! Owners of Skyrim Special Edition or the Anniversary Edition on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S will receive a next-generation upgrade for the game. The upgrade will be free and optimize the game with enhanced graphics, faster loading times and more.

Will my achievements/trophies carry over?

Any achievement/trophy progress earned playing on Skyrim Special Edition will carry over to the Anniversary Edition, EXCEPT when upgrading the PlayStation 4 version of the game to the PlayStation 5 version.

MadPanda

Banned
what about gamepass? is this included or not? if not, what a fool I am. I've delayed playing it some time ago waiting for this...

Oh I thought anniversary edition was another whole version of the game again 🙁
It is if you want it physical. But if you own special edition already, you'll get a free update with next gen graphical features. Then can pay $20 to upgrade content to Anniversary Edition.

I think the special edition is on Gamepass, so I'd expect they would sell you the DLC.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
It is if you want it physical. But if you own special edition already, you'll get a free update with next gen graphical features. Then can pay $20 to upgrade content to Anniversary Edition.

I think the special edition is on Gamepass, so I'd expect they would sell you the DLC.
Thank you 👍🏻

stn

I can't find pre-orders or anything for the physical edition of this. Anyone else have the same issue? I last played Skyrim on X360, so this is enough of an upgrade for me to jump in again.

I can't find pre-orders or anything for the physical edition of this. Anyone else have the same issue? I last played Skyrim on X360, so this is enough of an upgrade for me to jump in again.
I haven't looked, but just pointing out from the FAQ, the added content doesn't appear to be on the disc. Says you'll have to download it with internet connection. And the next-gen upgrade isn't on there either, since that's just a free update.

So it might literally be just special edition discs with new box art. At least they told everyone, but yeah lol.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Bethesda has released a FAQ for the new edition detailing upgrade routes and prices

How many times THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM ANNIVERSARY EDITION will crash on my system/console?

Yes.
Not just that it’ll be the game breaking random dragon attack killing a quest giving NPC meaning like me I couldn’t finish all the daedric quests 😳

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Will my achievements/trophies carry over?

Any achievement/trophy progress earned playing on Skyrim Special Edition will carry over to the Anniversary Edition, EXCEPT when upgrading the PlayStation 4 version of the game to the PlayStation 5 version.
Well that makes a PS5 replay happening for me. I expect this will also be the case for the Witcher 3 Enhanced. PS5 and PS4 will have their own lists, while all Xbox versions will be folded into one.

Laptop1991

I own SSE and i haven't played Skyrim for quite a long while now so £15.99 is fine by me, i'm going to get the upgrade, and use any new mods released for it. i hope thats the price on Steam.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
So if I understood this correctly it's just the same old game plus a selection of mods I can already install on the special edition I have on PC?

Should have called it Skyrim nexus mods edition.

Raven117

Gold Member
I honestly cannot believe that Im going to buy this again.

But, I haven't had a full playthrough since the ps3 days, so I suspect its about that time.

Funny question, but does this support Spanish?

FranXico

Well that makes a PS5 replay happening for me. I expect this will also be the case for the Witcher 3 Enhanced. PS5 and PS4 will have their own lists, while all Xbox versions will be folded into one.
Most games with their own lists on PS5 give you the trophies again when importing the save though.

Most games with their own lists on PS5 give you the trophies again when importing the save though.
I did that with Jedi Fallen Order and I wish I hadn’t, I should’ve saved it for a new playthrough and trophy run in the future because it’s such a great game. Instead they all just auto popped, at first I was like yay, but then regret settled in.

I did that with Jedi Fallen Order and I wish I hadn’t, I should’ve saved it for a new playthrough and trophy run in the future because it’s such a great game. Instead they all just auto popped, at first I was like yay, but then regret settled in.
If you really need a checklist, you can always make an alt profile on your system to get new trophies.

sircaw

Banned
The fishing in the game is it just simple catch and cook or are there like special rods you can get + rare fish, monsters etx?

Top Bottom