• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition |OT| Winter is Here

Branson

Feb 12, 2009
So in terms of getting best graphics and beat stability, SSE is definitely better?

Does it have the same variety of nods and such now though?
SKSE isn't supported yet as it's a big job to do. Other than that most of the big mods are ported over and I consider the Special Edition better for the fact it's 64bit and more stable. It runs smoother too.

AmyS

Aug 22, 2012
Guys, I picked up Special Edition on Xbox One. Consider me a novice at Skyrim in general and a complete newbie to mods.

What's the easiest way to make Skyrim SE look and play its best on Xbox One?

All I understand is that there are more and better mods on Xbox One than PS4 (even though PC always has the best modding scene) and also that the load order is pretty damn important especially for graphical mods.

Thanks in advance.

Jacknapes

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Newport, UK
Guys, I picked up Special Edition on Xbox One. Consider me a novice at Skyrim in general and a complete newbie to mods.

What's the easiest way to make Skyrim SE look and play its best on Xbox One?

All I understand is that there are more and better mods on Xbox One than PS4 (even though PC always has the best modding scene) and also that the load order is pretty damn important especially for graphical mods.

Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend putting the Unofficial Skyrim patch on, it'll fix a lot of known issues. In terms of looking it's best, there are various water and landscape mods available. Unfortunately, i can't recommend a particular graphical mod, as i'm not using mods on my save at the moment.

There are quite a number of mods available for extra buildings and signpost/streetlights. I've used a few of these on a different save, they help with knowing where the main road is and offer more in the sense of knowing which way to go to each major stronghold.

E92 M3

Jun 15, 2013
I'd recommend putting the Unofficial Skyrim patch on, it'll fix a lot of known issues. In terms of looking it's best, there are various water and landscape mods available. Unfortunately, i can't recommend a particular graphical mod, as i'm not using mods on my save at the moment.

There are quite a number of mods available for extra buildings and signpost/streetlights. I've used a few of these on a different save, they help with knowing where the main road is and offer more in the sense of knowing which way to go to each major stronghold.

Using any single mod will disable achievements, right?

AmyS

Aug 22, 2012
I'd recommend putting the Unofficial Skyrim patch on, it'll fix a lot of known issues.

Okay I do have that one, it seems that's the patch everyone has first on their lists.

In terms of looking it's best, there are various water and landscape mods available. Unfortunately, i can't recommend a particular graphical mod, as i'm not using mods on my save at the moment.

The only graphical one I've tried is the Static Mesh Improvement Mod that smooths out objects.

cool thanks, I'm still going to experiment. and I don't mind playing a full game all the way through with mods but without achievements.

Guys, what's the best or most popular overall mod for improved lighting?

Kaffeemann

Banned
Apr 27, 2015
Germany
Guys, what's the best or most popular overall mod for improved lighting?

Interior or exterior lighting?
For interior lighiting I recommend ELFX. It's a massive improvement in term of realism and atmosphere.
For exterior lighting there're lots of weather mods. You could try Mythical Ages.

Btw, do you know how to sort your load order properly? Not doing that can lead to lots of problems.

AmyS

Aug 22, 2012
Interior or exterior lighting?
For interior lighiting I recommend ELFX. It's a massive improvement in term of realism and atmosphere.
For exterior lighting there're lots of weather mods. You could try Mythical Ages.

Btw, do you know how to sort your load order properly? Not doing that can lead to lots of problems.

Yeah I pretty much learned how to sort my load order, and so far I haven't had any problems (a miracle right?). I'm definitely gonna check out Mythical Ages, thanks!

solid mike

May 22, 2013
Philippines
Starting up Special Edition after I completed the original 4 months ago.

Rudy ENB is incredible, I can no longer play Skyrim on PC without it. Also, borderless windowed and 64-bit are god sends.

Believe it or not, I was not aware of the stealthy archer meme when I chose Bosmer in my first playthrough. Now I'm going with a Altmer vampire battlemage. Wish me luck so that it doesn't eventually just become a sneaky stealthy Dark Brotherhood assassin type.

SolarMystic

Aug 11, 2014

Has the unofficial patch on Xbox been fixed? Last I checked, it had some issues with doors...