• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition |OT| Winter is Here

So, Wulf's journey has ended. This must be the fourth time I've beaten the Main Quest - Dawnguard - Dragonborn in sequence. It's still so much fun, I can see myself coming back to this for years to come.

4jUam8u.jpg

EQaaJ01.jpg

I'll probably come back in a few months, to finish up the quests I still have in Wulf's log. Afterwards I might switch back to my Dark Brotherhood character, tackle the Thieves Guild with a Khajiit or get a surly High Elf to join the College of Winterhold. Nice prospects.

Also, Solstheim may be an ash-covered shithole, but it's a beautiful ash-covered shithole.

ke5ztc5.jpg

Humdinger

Congrats to Wulf for saving the world. I can't quite set the game aside, even though I'm just puttering. I'll probably do it when GR2 arrives. Like you, I can see myself returning for another round in 5 years or so.

RE: problems with Serana- Last weekend I decided to tackle the Dawnguard quest. I looted a blood potion and gave it to her. Later, I contracted vampirism and wasn't sure how as I had been very careful to pop my cure disease potions when needed. Funny thing was, I couldn't get an innkeeper to give me the quest, nor could I feed. I was dejected, ready to succumb and settle down with Serana in the swamps near Morthal. Having spent 1-2 hours fast traveling between inns I was quite frustrated. I decided to see what would happen if I asked her to make me a vampire. Bam! First innkeep gave me the mission and I was able to visit that dude in Morthal for the cure.

Apparently, if Serana drinks a blood potion while she is a companion the game glitches into giving you some bastard version of vampirism.
*shrugs shoulders*

This is really helpful to know. I'd given her a blood potion at probably the same point you did. I'll be taking it away immediately.

Same here! Thanks for pointing that out, deafmedal. I gave her a Blood Potion as well. Figured I didn't need it, and she might appreciate it. She never drank it. Maybe that's the cause of the glitch, though. I'll have to take the Blood Potion away and try her again.

I've been tromping around with Vanassa lately. She's the mercenary from the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun.

jenassa_7211.png

She's kind of rough-looking and sounds like she's a chronic smoker, but I like how much she talks. I got tired of Aela, because although she was attractive and good with the bow, she hardly said anything. Stuck up, maybe.

Audioboxer

About to start playing this soon. Last time I played Skyrim wasn't too long after the PS3 launch. Never played any of the DLC.

I read something worrying that apparently due to the DLC all being integrated vampires can just run about killing important NPCs? Was that untrue or exaggerated? lol.

Nor501

About to start playing this soon. Last time I played Skyrim wasn't too long after the PS3 launch. Never played any of the DLC.

I read something worrying that apparently due to the DLC all being integrated vampires can just run about killing important NPCs? Was that untrue or exaggerated? lol.

I've had a couple vampire attacks in my game where they killed some people in Markarth and Whiterun but I don't think they can kill characters that are unkillable by the player.

GhaleonEB

I haven't gone to Solstheim yet on this release, but I'm looking forward to it. I'd forgotten just how alien it looked. Great shots, Blue Ninja. Contrats on the end of the journey.

I wrapped up my sword'n board Nord today, having snagged the last Dragon Priest mask.

C2Ua1REUcAEENq7.jpg

Alis wrapped the main quest, College of Winterhold, Companions and along the way gathered the Dragon Priest masks and completed the Bard's College (lol). She also forged the Gauldur amulet and the Aetherium shield.

Near the end, I also forged a new set of gear that almost made me too powerful. Nothing cheesed, just guzzling a found blacksmith potion, donning some found smithing gloves and forging an ebony mace, then enchanting it with fire and lightning damage (what I call the firestorm enchantment). I was the ender of worlds, even on Master difficulty, where I started her journey.

It was at once cathartic and....got a little boring. Yesterday I upped it to Legendary difficulty, which actually felt about right - a bit more challenging but nothing impossible. Then I met a dragon who took me from rare to well done in less than one second. Back down to Master I went, alas. Still, Alis' was adventuring for 128 hours, and it was awfully challenging for over 100 of them. It was a long, steep climb and I loved it.

I realized too late that I didn't have a build that would get me to level 70 and so entice a legendary dragon out; I peaked at 59, and could have gone to 60 with all skills I was using maxed. My next character will use a wider array of skills to get over that hill.

Next up is Nei, a former Khajiit trader turned thief and assassin. She traded warm sand for snow between her toes as the insistence of her husband, who thought the civil war was a great business opportunity. They and their two kids were a band of roaming traders, and did quite well, for a while. Then one day they got caught between a large battle of Stormcloaks and Imperial troops, and only Nei came out alive. The troops didn't ask and didn't care who was who. On that day Nei decided Skyrim took everything from her, so she was going to take as much as she could from it.

Nei's charter is Theive's Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Daedric quests, Hearthfire and Dawnguard (where she'll turn to vampirism). After my goody-two-shoes Nord, it will be nice to be a character who doesn't give any fucks whatsoever. A whole lotta people are gonna die. And those who live will find all of their plates missing.

I'd started as an archer initially, but abandoned her for the Nord I just wrapped as I wasn't happy with how I'd approached her build, so this will be my 2.0 attempt.

After her will be one last character, for the last of the achievements. Not sure what race, but they're going to turn into a werewolf asap and settle the civil war by eating all the Stormcloaks in Skyrim, then heading off to Solstheim for some werewolf vs. werebear goodness.

Onward.

C2RhRGFUoAAZRSl.jpg

C2BNvynVQAA2j_u.jpg

CzVLEVmXEAAr97-.jpg

Alis isn't fully retired, though. She gathered up a LOT of books and I've been slowly reading them, trasnferring them from a chest over to the bookshelves after I read them. I FINALLY read the Biography of Barenziah, followed by all five volumes of the Real Barenziah. Each volume of the latter was as long as the "official" trilogy of her biography, and damn what a great story it was. Took a long time to read, but I got totally sucked in and plowed through them all. I'll pop in on Alis now and then to read more of her collections (I have several series completed, but not read yet).

chaislip3

I downloaded the Inigo mod a while back, and he is such an awesome follower. I really like how you have to sit down with him at an inn or a house and have a conversation in order to access his quest. Has that been finished by the developer yet, btw?

I've been rolling with him and Serana and we are wrecking shit. Finished up the main quest and Dawnguard, and now I'm trying to finish all of the guilds before I head to Solstheim.

Humdinger

After my goody-two-shoes Nord, it will be nice to be a character who doesn't give any fucks whatsoever. A whole lotta people are gonna die. And those who live will find all of their plates missing.

lol. That sounded scary, up until the last line. Not the plates!

Interesting how you develop backstories for your characters.

CzVLEVmXEAAr97-.jpg

I love it.

Backstories are the best way to play this game, especially with the Live Another Life-mod.

I always leave the history of my main character a bit of a mystery: Wulf lived in Cyrodiil all his life and decided to leave when his parents died. He got caught up in the border incident and, as they say, the rest is history.

Solas is my Dark Elf assassin. Originally from Vvardenfell, she emigrated to the mainland after the Red Year. She joined the Morag Tong and worked with them for several years, until a mission went sour and she was forced to flee to Solstheim. That's where her story starts. When she starts noticing strange things happening across the island, she saves up to take a ship to Windhelm. She comes across Aventus Aretino.

I haven't come up with backstories for my other planned characters yet, but it's definitely on the list.

By the way, Ghaleon, you definitely need to find a way to play Morrowind if you haven't already.

Vampires are fucking assholes. More like Bethesda really fucked up with Dawnguard integration. Yes, vampires start attacking town randomly after you hit level 10 I think and when they attack all town people join battle. Anybody who isn't unkillable quest character can die permanently. If merchant/trainer dies, they aren't replaced. Multiple times I went to Whiterun to store/sell my loot and was immediately greeted with courier with multiple letters of inheritance.

I can see this wasn't a big problem when it was released as most people who purchased it, had already played main game. What Bethesda should have done for special edition is change how vampire attacks are triggered. Either up the level prerequisite to high (like level 45 or something) or until your dovahkiin visits Dawnguard.

You may not have any issues with this if this is your repeat run. People have said that after you finish Dawnguard story (regardless of your choices), it stops. That's why I'm going through Dawnguard quests. Vampires encounters sour my experience so I'm killing all vampires for sure. Boy, some of Dawnguard quests dungeons are really long or easy to get lost. I usually never use Clairvoyance spell, but this time I was like fuck it, let's do speed run so I can go back to my normal game.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
By the way, Ghaleon, you definitely need to find a way to play Morrowind if you haven't already.

Embarrassed to say it but I missed out on this one. Literally the only Elder Scrolls title I haven't played .... and everyone's favorite too.

At the risk of going off topic briefly, I'd love a link to some good graphics mods/ tips. I trust the advice of this thread more than a cursory google.

I want to play it as vanilla as possible but aesthetics are important to me unfortunately so I'd like to give it a facelift before jumping in.

Humdinger

Yes, vampires start attacking town randomly after you hit level 10 I think and when they attack all town people join battle. Anybody who isn't unkillable quest character can die permanently. If merchant/trainer dies, they aren't replaced.

Yeah, in Whiterun, both Belethor and Adrianne were killed by vampires in my game.

Adrianne is the woman always standing by the forge, to your right when you enter the gates. I think her business partner (the big guy behind the desk inside Warmaiden's) blames me for her death, for some reason. He says, "I ought to bash your face in for what you've done." Then he says, "Welcome to Warmaiden's." It always cracks me up how he transitions so smoothly from one line to the next.

p.s. Come to think of it, it wasn't vampires that killed Adrianne; that was me. I got transformed into a werewolf, and they told me to go out and have some fun with my abilities, wreak havoc. I slashed Adrianne to death before I realized who she was. Hey, it was dark.

Humdinger

Embarrassed to say it but I missed out on this one. Literally the only Elder Scrolls title I haven't played .... and everyone's favorite too.

Great game. I don't play on PC, so I can't offer any advice about the graphic upgrades, although I know there are some good mods out there for that. It's a great game, though, and anyone who enjoys Elder Scrolls needs to give it a try.

At the risk of going off topic briefly, I'd love a link to some good graphics mods/ tips. I trust the advice of this thread more than a cursory google.

I want to play it as vanilla as possible but aesthetics are important to me unfortunately so I'd like to give it a facelift before jumping in.

I always used the S.T.E.P. for graphics mods.

Easy to follow guide, everything in order with links.

I think there's options for lower tier PCs as well, I never had a monster machine but my game was beautiful!

black070

Closing in on 70 hours and still have yet to start up the main questline and the Dragonborn expansion. Just joined the Dark Brotherhood so going to finish their quests up first - boy, does this game have its hooks in deep !

I've put in a dozen or so hours into Oblivion aswell through backwards compatibility, don't judge me !

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Anderson/ Cuningas - thanks for the tips regarding Morrowind! STEP project is a good recommendation though even some of their advice for Skyrim is out of date so I'm skeptical about older titles.

After I finish my current playthrough of Skyrim I'm moving on to Morrowind. Should get me through March when my job starts up again!

Anyway sorry about the stealth-tangent! Back to Skyrim!

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Yeah, in Whiterun, both Belethor and Adrianne were killed by vampires in my game.

This would've been a reload for me. I always try to live with my choices because it adds to my character's backstory but those two are some important merchants. Especially on a Frostfall/iNeed/no fast travel run.

Although your werewolf murder is an interesting wrinkle.

I think Morrowind gets an annual (or semi-annual) mod package release these days that just installs all the essentials. Just check the Morrowind nexus.

dubq

I've been tromping around with Vanassa lately. She's the mercenary from the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun.

jenassa_7211.png

She's kind of rough-looking and sounds like she's a chronic smoker, but I like how much she talks. I got tired of Aela, because although she was attractive and good with the bow, she hardly said anything. Stuck up, maybe.

Jenassa

Humdinger

This would've been a reload for me. I always try to live with my choices because it adds to my character's backstory but those two are some important merchants. Especially on a Frostfall/iNeed/no fast travel run.

Although your werewolf murder is an interesting wrinkle.

Odd thing, I reloaded after he died, ran again through the vampires again, then came back much later, and he was still gone. Too late at that point to reload again; would've lost too much progress. Not sure what happened. I could've bungled the reload somehow. I have some merchant mods (e.g., merchants in taverns, etc.), so I didn't need Belethor.

I got tired of his snarky comments anyhow. "Please come baa-ack." Yeah, ok, buddy. I swear, between the "I should bash your face in" comments from one merchant and the sarcastic remarks from the other, Whiterun really needs to work on their customer service.

Janassa, right.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
It's true I love Belethor for his money and not his service. If he wasn't dead I'd say TripAdvisor that shit.

GhaleonEB

It's on my backlog (which is slowly turning into a bucket list, aging sucks). I did play it very briefly when it was released on the Xbox, as my first Bethesda game. I don't remember much from it, but I recall the frustration I had at the lack of 1:1 action/result on screen. I'd flail at an enemy and sometimes connect and sometimes not, but couldn't tell visually which was which. That broke it for me and I didn't go back; Oblivion for all its (many, many) warts told me clearly when I connected.

I played for all of 20 minutes all those years ago though, so I'm up to revisit at some point. I've heard almost nothing but good things about it, particularly its quest design, lore and art. (I've seen the animation though, egads.)

Rex_DX

Gold Member
This is why I haven't played it yet. I mean Daggerfall you expect wonkiness. Same with Arena, god bless it. But once the Xbox/PS2 era of games hit these things started becoming much less forgivable.

It's on my backlog (which is slowly turning into a bucket list, aging sucks). I did play it very briefly when it was released on the Xbox, as my first Bethesda game. I don't remember much from it, but I recall the frustration I had at the lack of 1:1 action/result on screen. I'd flail at an enemy and sometimes connect and sometimes not, but couldn't tell visually which was which. That broke it for me and I didn't go back; Oblivion for all its (many, many) warts told me clearly when I connected.

I played for all of 20 minutes all those years ago though, so I'm up to revisit at some point. I've heard almost nothing but good things about it, particularly its quest design, lore and art. (I've seen the animation though, egads.)
The combat is the worst part, true. There's a mod for the PC version that makes your attacks hit the target all the time. I managed to beat the vanilla game on the OG Xbox version as well, though. Well worth it.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
From what I remember that achievement has been glitched since 2011. I remember getting them all on two occasions on PC and not unlocking it. It unlocked for me on the Xbox version after grabbing like 10 of them though way back when.

GhaleonEB

My MO with Nei is, play differently. At this point I've started enough characters, going back to the 360, that it's easy to slip into the comforts of routine, heading to the same places (Riverwood, then Whiterun) and hitting the same caves (Embershard, Bleak Falls Barrow) and playing them the same way.

I'm trying to come at things with fresh eyes. That led Nei to circle back and re-explore the newly destroyed Helgen right after leaving the opening dungeon:

C2f-1TLVIAAQRFy.jpg

Not much loot to be found, though I did scavenge some from nooks and crannies, but it was neat to see the town in the immediate aftermath and without the carnage of Alduin smashing the place up. I didn't grab a shot of it, but there was a large deer running through the main courtyard, nature filling the vacuum. Later bandits will repopulate Helgen, and then I'll clear out the bandits. Helgen gets cycled like an old sweater passed down from kid to kid.

From there I went straight to Falkreath, rather than Riverwood. My last two characters had their charters, but I was mindful to leave a lot left behind for Nei. I'd barely passed through the Falkreath hold, much less explored it, and left ample side quests in all the towns I did make it to, so there's plenty to do without repeating content. She's already got a small makeshift house in the hold, up on her homestead.

An example of playing differently was down by the bandit-infested towers along the river, southeast of Whiterun. Normally I make it a point to clear the place out, but my neophyte Nei is no match for a bandit chief so early; it would take 20-30 arrows and they can one-shot me. Instead, I ran through it, tagging the lower bandits with Fury and looting the place in the ensuing chaos. At the end I had the chief on my tail as I heisted the big chest at the end, before scrabbling down the cliff wall and off to Riften to join the Thieves Guild. Making the decision to pick and choose my battles, rather than stubbornly chip away at everything, was a major turn for how I play.

Some things never get old though, like a dagger in the dark.

C2f_KyyUAAEKgAF.jpg

This is my first time playing a Kajiit, and I'm surprised and impressed at how different the dialogue is with everyone. Her fellow wandering Kajiit traders greet her warmly and with familiarity, while most of the town guards eye her with suspicion. A bandit told me, "You remind me of my cousin's cat. I killed it, as well." Another said I'd make a nice rug. It's a small but thoroughly realized detail that has made me dig into Nei's role playing a bit more. Pretty neat.

For reasons I'm still not entirely certain of, Nei has started collecting the shoes from everyone she kills. Sometimes the armor as well. But always the shoes.

C2buGYLWIAAxzcR.jpg

(I think quirks like this were planted back when Skyrim was released and someone mentioned that they had "gathered every cheese wheel in Skyrim" and filled a room with them. Most of my characters have had a similar quirk since. Nei likes shoes.)

The first batch of what I'll call Untimely Demises in Skyrim:

Frozen to death almost making it out of a cave in the deep south, reaching toward the exit in their last moments, and staying that way:

C2f-2LqVEAEtpZb.jpg

Abducted by bandits and then locked in a small chamber in a mine, and forced to work himself to death:

C2f-14eVIAA2VWw.jpg

Crushed to death by the very gold he was after. This is one of my favorite small cave stories, a tale of two friends who go prospecting and one who gives up on the other, thinking his friend abandoned him. In reality, he'd found the gold, if you look hard enough. Or rather, the gold found him:

C2f-1lUVEAAZO1n.jpg

Unrelated, I forgot to post one of my favorite screenshots from my last character, from the Aetherium Forge:

C2f-godUkAAVIPI.jpg

I thought it was a nice display of the Dwarven architecture's symmetry, beauty and mystique.

Humdinger

Couple of nice stories there, especially the one about the two guys and the gold. And some good shots. I like the details about the Khajit dialog, too. I have never played as a Khajit. Usually Redguard, Dark Elf, or Nord. Fairly conservative, I suppose.

What do you do with all your shoes?

Fwiw, I first remember coming across that sort of thing in Morrowind. People liked to collect pillows, for some reason.

ScreenShot29.jpg

I think I missed out on a nice Shout to have. Was doing Dawnguard last night and got to the part in the Soul Cairn. Beat the dragon Durnehviir in that courtyard and Valeria mentioned that it could re-constitute anywhere from minutes to years. Heeding that, as I exited the courtyard lo and behold, there he was sitting on top of a small building.

Being the sneak archer I am, I crouched down, noticed I hadn't been seen by him, and let loose some arrows on his (I assumed) waiting-for-revenge ass.

Turns out I was supposed to talk to him then to begin a quest that ultimately leads to me learning 3 words of a shout that does damage, traps souls, and reanimates corpses.

Played for about an hour after that so all the autosaves are probably past that part. Read on UESP that the only way to fix this is console commands (and I'm on PS4 :/).

I figure since this is technically DLC the shout isn't super necessary, but it sounds like a fun one to have. Anyone know if there is a non-console-command way to get that quest to trigger again?

I think I missed out on a nice Shout to have. Was doing Dawnguard last night and got to the part in the Soul Cairn. Beat the dragon Durnehviir in that courtyard and Valeria mentioned that it could re-constitute anywhere from minutes to years. Heeding that, as I exited the courtyard lo and behold, there he was sitting on top of a small building.

Being the sneak archer I am, I crouched down, noticed I hadn't been seen by him, and let loose some arrows on his (I assumed) waiting-for-revenge ass.

Turns out I was supposed to talk to him then to begin a quest that ultimately leads to me learning 3 words of a shout that does damage, traps souls, and reanimates corpses.

Played for about an hour after that so all the autosaves are probably past that part. Read on UESP that the only way to fix this is console commands (and I'm on PS4 :/).

I figure since this is technically DLC the shout isn't super necessary, but it sounds like a fun one to have. Anyone know if there is a non-console-command way to get that quest to trigger again?

I'm guessing that means you didn't get 'Summon Durnehviir' either?

I always check compass to see if someone/something is hostile before starts shooting. It will show red dot. It helps in open world game like Skyrim to avoid killing someone early.

Humdinger

Well, I think I'll put Skyrim on the shelf for a while. I've done all the quests that interest me, and I've explored almost all the landmarks. Nothing much left to do, really. And Gravity Rush 2 arrived in the mail yesterday, and I'm looking forward to that.

That tip about Serana and the Blood Potion seemed to help, btw. I played for several days in a row with her as a companion, and she never once turned me into a vampire.

Cheers, folks. Enjoy your time in Skyrim. I'll continue to watch this thread, and I'm sure I'll return to the game again in the future.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Nice having your input on things. Congrats on a good playthrough!

Remember, you'll always come back to Skyrim.*

*Until elder scrolls VI, so maybe in 2020.

Draper

God, the one female that you can recruit after having a fistfight with her just up and dissapeared.

She had all my staffs on hand...god.

Anything I can do?

deafmedal

God, the one female that you can recruit after having a fistfight with her just up and dissapeared.

She had all my staffs on hand...god.

Anything I can do?

The one from Whiterun? Check the crypts, if she died she'll be down there with your loot.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I haven't been playing games in a while, but Skyrim is still one of the best games ever made IMO. I'm probably not playing anything a sequel comes out.

I haven't been playing games in a while, but Skyrim is still one of the best games ever made IMO. I'm probably not playing anything a sequel comes out.

I wouldn't necessarily go that far. It's a good game sure, but it has its faults (and I'm not just talking about the bugs)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I wouldn't necessarily go that far. It's a good game sure, but it has its faults (and I'm not just talking about the bugs)

It's riddled with faults, but there's nothing like it IMO. It's like a really lax virtual DM. Combat is wonky, there's no real "choices", it's glitchy beyond words but...No other games allow me to carve out my own path like this. No other game gives me the freedom to do whatever the fuck, I want like this. Morrowind? Nah. It's too stilted and stiff (despite the better quests). Oblivion? It's kind of bad IMO. Skyrim to me, is like a warm blanket. It's comforting. I don't want your Witcher III mattress with built-in massagers and heat pads. I want my blanket.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Someday we will get an RPG like Skyrim where we can carve out a distinct personal story in a world but without a million bugs and with combat that's engaging and well implemented and maybe even stellar quests and impactful decisions.

Today is not that day, so I mod Skyrim.

GhaleonEB

The list of faults is long, but there's no other game that sucks me into its world as hard as Skyrim. Despite the lack of branching to the quests, I feel like it enables role playing superbly via player freedom and agency.

Um. I have a situation. When I try to make a new save, the game tells me I've reached the save slot limit, so it just keeps rolling quick saves and autosaves onto the same slot. I can't park a new save; given the potential glitches in the game I like to have a steady stream of saves.

Problem is I can't figure out how to delete any. On the 360, you go to the Load option (instead of Continue) from the main menu, then delete them from there. But with this edition (PS4), the option isn't there. Anyone know how to delete saves?

Humdinger

Problem is I can't figure out how to delete any. On the 360, you go to the Load option (instead of Continue) from the main menu, then delete them from there. But with this edition (PS4), the option isn't there. Anyone know how to delete saves?

You should see an option for deletion after clicking the Save option. It'll be down at the bottom of the screen. That's tedious, though, because you have to delete them one by one.

The best and easiest way is to close the game, go to the general PS4 Settings menu, then select Application Saved Data Management --> Saved Data in System Storage, and then Delete. Select Skyrim, and you'll be presented with a list of options for save file deletions.

I would have to do this periodically, because I tend to save a lot. I would delete large swaths of game files, leaving only the most current 10 or so, plus another 10 from earlier points in the game.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It's riddled with faults, but there's nothing like it IMO. It's like a really lax virtual DM. Combat is wonky, there's no real "choices", it's glitchy beyond words but...No other games allow me to carve out my own path like this. No other game gives me the freedom to do whatever the fuck, I want like this. Morrowind? Nah. It's too stilted and stiff (despite the better quests). Oblivion? It's kind of bad IMO. Skyrim to me, is like a warm blanket. It's comforting. I don't want your Witcher III mattress with built-in massagers and heat pads. I want my blanket.

What I really liked and hope they preserve ahead, is that the devs didn't prevent themselves from doing something just because it wouldn't look great. An NPC will be cleaning the floor with a mop, and then the mop will disappear when he's done, a mug will appear in his hands to be washed, then disappear as well. NPCs go to bed fully dressed. NPCs disappear when they enter their houses.

All of this actually gives more power to the designers, they have more to work with without being submerged with constraints (such as, an NPC could only wash the floor if there is a mop around, or it would have to undress first before sleeping).

The player can do anything NPCs can do. If an NPC can use something, like a forge, the player can. You can even sit in chairs, even if it's pointless. But a designer could make a mission where you have to do sit in a chair to trigger something. So it just gives more tools for them to work with.

I can't wait to see what they do the next time, it will probably be even closer to offering player a fully unique experience.

Top Bottom