• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ESA saying a Nintendo Direct is coming June 14

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Update: The image has been updated. The mention of a Nintendo Direct was an error. The image now mentions "Nintendo Treehouse".

13259995_101535721038uxb1k.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was posted in one of the E3 threads, but I thought it could do with its own thread. The ESA posted this via Facebook and Twitter today, May 17:

13266047_101535718595sjoyr.png

Sources: https://www.facebook.com/E3Expo/pho...90449588014/10153571859553015/?type=3&theater https://twitter.com/E3/status/732594766400098304

I was under the impression there would be no Nintendo Direct broadcast, and only a live stream by the Treehouse Team. This could of course be a miscommunication considering it's coming not from first party (Nintendo).

The press release of May 05 said this:

Nintendo’s kickoff to the E3 show happens at 9 a.m. PT Tuesday, June 14, when Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime introduces Nintendo Treehouse: Live, which will be dedicated to a day of live-streamed gameplay of The Legend of Zelda
Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160505005536/en/Legend-Zelda-Wii-Playable-Time-E3

There you have it.

Edag88

Banned
Oh jeez please be true, why would Nintendo outright say there isn't one though?

I don't think they ever did, unless I missed something later.

They just said there was a Zelda stream and that would be the only game at the show, not that there wasn't a Direct period. Everyone just assumed (maybe correctly) that that means no other software would be shown at all.

Now I'm confused, should I set aside time to watch this or will it be only a Zelda spoiler blowout? Of course I Want to hear other game news, but I'm in my media blackout for Zelda now.

Nbz

Yeah this seems like a miscommunication to me. Whoever put this together just wasn't very well informed

Bulzeeb

Zelda Direct

Or Nintendo has been trolling us with technicalities

this is gonna sound weird but I'd love to be trolled this year, a whole day for Zelda only seems pointless to me since I know I'll be buying the game anyways and I don't want to spoil it to much.

Isn't the Treehouse segment only supposed to be people playing/streaming the game?

I always assumed they would do a non-live Direct presentation where they formally unveil the new Zelda game.

Didn't Nintendo say they're using their time slot for a Zelda event?
I'm pretty sure that Direct is just that. But live from the show floor or at least pre-recorded.
I can't say I expect anything else. And neither should you.

Yup, the chance that it is anything other than an error is basically nil. If people get hyped over this then I'll give up hope for NintendoGAF's rationality.

daveo42

Banned
Damn shame, they were my highlight last year, I imagine Sony will be the place for all their stuff then.

They got all their big stuff out of the way already and they are more than likely holding whatever else they have until later in the year. Sony's a good venue for them anyway and it saves SE a little cash on needing to host another event.

Ridley327

Damn shame, they were my highlight last year, I imagine Sony will be the place for all their stuff then.

TBH, there's not really much they would have to show off at this point, besides some localization announcements for the other Playstation DQ spinoffs. Nintendo's got the two mainline DQs on the way, SO5 is coming out shortly after E3 with I Am Setsuna shortly thereafter, FFXV hardly needs another showcase and Deus Ex seems to be plugging along just fine. Anything else would probably fit better at Sony's conference, especially with their exclusive status.

Wagram

Isn't there a direct for the third parties coming to their machines? Pretty sure it was just Nintendo who's skimping out besides Zelda.

Jinketsu

TBH, there's not really much they would have to show off at this point, besides some localization announcements for the other Playstation DQ spinoffs. Nintendo's got the two mainline DQs on the way, SO5 is coming out shortly after E3 with I Am Setsuna shortly thereafter, FFXV hardly needs another showcase and Deus Ex seems to be plugging along just fine. Anything else would probably fit better at Sony's conference, especially with their exclusive status.

You have worded that as if all of those titles are slated for a Nintendo console release.

What other mainline DQ is on the way besides XI? X is already out on the Wii U in Japan, unless you meant a release outside of there - if that's the case, I certainly can't find that announcement anywhere :(

Ridley327

You have worded that as if all of those titles are slated for a Nintendo console release.

What other mainline DQ is on the way besides XI? X is already out on the Wii U in Japan, unless you meant a release outside of there - if that's the case, I certainly can't find that announcement anywhere :(

DQ7 and DQ8.

Son Of D

Could see a short SE segment at Sony's conference. FFVII Remake trailer, World of FF release info and a KH3 trailer. Possible updates on Nier 2 and maybe even FFXII HD.

ViciousDS

Banned
I see Square Enix decided to can their conference.

thats more disappointing than Nintendo's at this point :(

I'm just expecting a tree house event.....pretty sure its going to be streaming Zelda 24/7 throughout the event......don't expect much folks.

Top Bottom