• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within 16 minutes gameplay video

malfcn

Those grass blades need some kind of filter on them?

v0ue3VA.png

Lol, pewdiepie was the last thing I expected when I clicked the link.

Can't wait to play this even if impressions haven't been glowing. Really like the look of the environments.

Sanctuary

So you fight enemies that look like a necromorph from Dead Space that have hair from your typical Japanese ghost movie?
Anyway, the gamplay looked like I was watching Shadows of the Damned.

XBP

Is it me or is the AI simply awful? At 1:43 the other monster didn't even realize that someone was just shot.

VashTS

I really wished that Mikami opted for a laser sight or something instead of the huge aiming reticle. It totally kills the immersion imo. Pls Mikami!!!

sjay1994

Is it weird I think the black bars actually add to the feeling of uneasiness?

Constraining the screen makes the game feel claustrophobic.

malfcn

Looking in the comments other people noticed the possible replaying with different commentary. Why do it at all, or editing mistake?

Fezan

Every body makes mistake and biggest mistake by id studio was creating id tech 5.
how can your game look worse than re5 which came in 2008 and have worse fps.

sjay1994

Ha... wow.

I am getting serious Leon vibes from that protagonist, down to Leons keen sense of observation.

Where is everyone going? Bingo?

Dang the little bit that I watched fully sold me on it. I really wanted to soak in the atmosphere but Pewdiepie makes it impossible.

And yeah, holy barnacles dat framerate.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
To hell with the pewdiepie haters. The video is cool, doubt i will buy the game, but i do like it when pewdiepie plays scary games.

kiri

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZpIxiWPjtk

I can't believe the aiming sight will still be ON the screen even when you are not aiming your weapon... I mean seriously a game build on a great atmosphere with aiming sight on all the time? so annoying it's upsetting me :\

anyhow this is the first time I see this demo so if it's old please lock it & sorry.

I really wished that Mikami opted for a laser sight or something instead of the huge aiming reticle. It totally kills the immersion imo. Pls Mikami!!!

The reticle doesn't appear anymore when the gun is not in use.
This is an old build.

Apath

This looks too much like RE4 to not be amazing. My only real gripe is the rough frame rate and the ugly textures.

How the hell did he get to exclusively play this?

Anyway, finally! Been waiting for this! This is still my most wanted game, but some of the animations and especially the frame-rate are both continuing to really bog the game down. It's weird, it’s like it’s really trying hard to be a big budget AAA title but it isn't at that point yet and as a result it looks pretty low budget at times. It still needs some more polish because right now the quality is kinda all over the place. Potentially this could be something amazing, so I’m really hoping for the best. And for crying out loud get rid of that stupid cross-hair! Bring back the laser! On a more positive note, I love the look of the combat when a big pack of enemies rush you. It looks exciting and just plain fun. The hit reactions are on point too! And LOL at the spider lady attacking that enemy barging through the door!

sappyday

How the hell did he get to exclusively play this?

Anyway, finally! Been waiting for this! This is still my most wanted game, but some of the animations and especially the frame-rate are both continuing to really bog the game down. It's weird, it’s like it’s really trying hard to be a big budget AAA title but it isn't at that point yet and as a result it looks pretty low budget at times. It still needs some more polish because right now the quality is kinda all over the place. Potentially this could be something amazing, so I’m really hoping for the best. And for crying out loud get rid of that stupid cross-hair! Bring back the laser! On a more positive note, I love the look of the combat when a big pack of enemies rush you. It looks exciting and just plain fun. The hit reactions are on point too! And LOL at the spider lady attacking that enemy barging through the door!

He's the biggest thing on YouTube, and honestly it annoys me how much people have to express how annoying he is.

The game looks like a straight rental. There is not much shown to me that has my interest peaked.

Loakum

Banned
Dang the little bit that I watched fully sold me on it. I really wanted to soak in the atmosphere but Pewdiepie makes it impossible.

And yeah, holy barnacles dat framerate.

that frame rate is pretty dreadful. I hope they polish that up by release. Also I hope we can toggle that aim assist icon to off. Having that enormous trigger icon on the screen kills immersion.

He's the biggest thing on YouTube, and honestly it annoys me how much people have to express how annoying he is.

The game looks like a straight rental. There is not much shown to me that has my interest peaked.

Yeah I know that, but I still think it’s odd that he got to play this part of the game and upload it even before the gaming press.

JoJoSono

Banned
Well the frame rate looks abysmal and that can easily kill the game. But this does look like an actual RE4 type shooter. One that understands that you're actually supposed to be vulnerable when you aim and your placement actually matters. A lot of the modern cover based shooters that supposedly took influence from RE4 really missed what made that game awesome. That you really had to think about when and where to shoot. Plus, to make sure those shots count. I do hope this is like RE4 where honestly, I do feel the need to actually use all my guns.

I'm worried about this game. I've liked most of Mikami's games and have faith. It's just the game has seemingly never demoed well. I really hope the technical issues are sorted out. It would have been terrible if RE4 and Vanquish weren't mostly smooth games.

Top Bottom