• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within 2 adds first person mode

Source Link for more info

So excited - this game deserves more love and publicity. Sure some aspects like the script and voice acting feel similar to the AA games of yore, but underneath is a great action adventure.

The fact that Tango Gameworks went back and added a first person mode to the game for free is awesome. I cant recall a dev who put that amount of effort into a game post release like that.

This is one of my favorite games of 2017 and i’ve been itching to replay it, now this mode gives me a perfect reason, as well for you to pick it up and give it a go.

I swear when people ask for hidden gems of this generation - TEW2 is going to be top of that list.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I hated the first Evil Within enough that it made me not want to give the sequel a chance, but hot damn this is making it very tempting.

Doctor_m3ds

Neo Member
I got a steal of a deal on the first game and the second game in a bundle. I'm about 3/4 through the first game and I have such mixed feelings on it. I think the biggest problem for me is the game seems to lack any sort of cohesion. The whole game feels like they had some really talented artists come up with a variety of monsters, locations, ideas, all in their own separate styles, and then tried to stitch them all together somehow. I know they try to justify through the story, but I feel it loses any sense of momentum the game could have. That said, I've enjoyed my time with it so far, I really love managing ammo and using the environment to beat my foes. I imagine I'll tackle the second game in third person, but maybe if I like that one more, I'll do a second playthrough this way.

-MD-

As someone who hates the first game to a passion, the second one I enjoyed.

This seems to be the case with a lot of people, I absolutely adore the first game and I thought The Evil Within 2 was a shit sequel.

TannerDemoz

Absolutely amazing game. I wish the first open world part was much bigger though and that was essentially the game. Loved the layout.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The visuals and the town area are worth checking this out for. The town has a Silent Hill feel to it at some parts otherwise It's a lot better than the original.

There are some parts that are going to be a lot more interesting in this view.

Last edited:

xviper

biggest disappointment of the generation after FFXV

the first game was amazing up until chapter 11 where it turned into RE5\6, but the sequel fucked that up even more by trying to be a semi-open world which is boring as fuck, gunplay feels heavily downgraded and there is too many stealth-dependent section, i know you can play the game without stealth, but if you didn't use stealth then you will run out of ammo as quick as possible, so stealth is kinda forced

after the huge love RE7 got from TRUE FANS of the TRUE Resident Evil series, now they are trying to imitate that by adding FPS mode

koosa

Banned
Agree with xviper, i was so hyped for TEW2, and it was such a letdown. Broken stealth, weak gunplay, unecessary open-world levels and incredibly boring and forgetable Marrow chapters. And the story, it was just bad, in TEW1 it was minimalistic and cryptic, and i like the fact that you could ignore it and focus on gameplay, same rule as in souls games. But in TEW2 the mediocore western daddy-daughter trope is shoved down your throat, meh :/ I just hope that with TEW3 Mikami takes the full control on the project again and delivers true TEW1 sequel.

Dacon

Banned
Couldn’t stick the first but loved the second but this!! So many shots not registering which on the hardest difficulty with minimal ammo is a bitch.
The grid based aiming is just terrible, it made playing on Nightmare a chore.

Seriously if you dont know already try aiming in a circle, it'll make a square shape instead.

-MD-

The grid based aiming is just terrible, it made playing on Nightmare a chore.

Seriously if you dont know already try aiming in a circle, it'll make a square shape instead.

I noticed it immediately.

The original didn't have that issue.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I finished it on easy/3rd at release and I'm now playing it again on normal/1st and it's a totally different game, I'm definitely enjoying it more. Easy was fun because I love the combat and it meant I could just mow everything down, but on normal I have to use skills I never bothered with before and it's intense, I never have any ammo or health lol. I'm currently on chapter 11 and it has been a blast, I never usually replay games. FPP really has added to the atmosphere.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
after the huge love RE7 got from TRUE FANS of the TRUE Resident Evil series, now they are trying to imitate that by adding FPS mode
Lol the first-person view was always there and unlockable in the PC version
And and I don't think true fan would want FPV out of anything from RE7 added to any other game, yeah it works in VR but the straight up FPV was a nope and a cringe everytime it's mentioned for REmake 2. Most fans didn't think it was a good fit in the final product.
in fact most RE fans praised TEW2 because it's not another generic FPHORROR.

Last edited:

plushyp

The first game was a hugely annoying chore to play but I loved the second game and the stunning art direction it had. None of the concepts overstayed their welcome which really pleased me. Plus I'm always a sucker for evolving home bases.

Top Bottom