• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within (PS3/360/PC/NextGen, idtech5, Tango/Bethesda, 2014): [Up: New Info]

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Jun 10, 2004
Looks interesting, looking forward to seeing more about the game.

Acquiescence

Mar 5, 2011
That crimson-coated four-armed monstrosity looked pretty fucking scary! Cube Head not so much.

This looks great though. The screenshots show a lot of promise. Talk about instantaneous hype!

bishopcruz

Dec 6, 2006
Miami, FL
Game screens look nice, will look at the trailer when I can.

Question if the Evil is Within, has it taken residence? Is it a resident evil?

Majanew

Banned
Nov 12, 2010
Someone YouTube it. These sites can't get their shit together when it comes to video players for mobile.

monome

Mar 19, 2010
alright.

that looks scary.

wonder if the mechanics are pure RE4 or if there is something new under the hood.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Aug 17, 2009
Philippines
psnprofiles.com
Looks cool.

I hope it's a survival horror game and not a shooter game.

wrowa

Jul 26, 2006
Germany
Oh, I really love the background of the Twitter page. Judging by the concept "within" really seems to be directed at a person's mind. More Silent Hill-ish than classic Resident Evil.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Jul 7, 2010
They should have chosen a better name, really. I don't think it's marketable at all like Resident Evil is. It does look promising though.

JehutyRunner

Banned
Jul 10, 2012
Derry, Northern Ireland
Press release from Bethesda. Nothing new that IGN already has, but still, here it is anyway.

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS ANNOUNCES THE EVIL WITHIN

New Survival Horror Game from Master of the Genre

April 19, 2013 (London, UK) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced the planned release of The Evil Within™, a survival horror game developed at Tango Gameworks™ under the direction of renowned game designer and studio head, Shinji Mikami. Best known as the father of the survival horror genre and creator of the Resident Evil series, Mikami is a 20-year veteran of the industry who has developed numerous award-winning titles. The official announcement trailer can be viewed today at IGN.com.

The Evil Within, in development for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the PC, and next generation consoles, is slated for release in 2014. On Monday, April 22nd additional information about The Evil Within will be revealed in an exclusive feature story at IGN.com.

“We’re incredibly proud to announce The Evil Within,” said Mikami. “My team and I are committed to creating an exciting new franchise, providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action.”

V_Ben

Banned
May 8, 2009
Whoa. Great first trailer.

The labeling for the consoles is interesting. MS is only letting people refer to the next Xbox by the term 'next generation consoles'... So its possible this is next Xbox only on next gen. That would be interesting.

Replicant

Mar 20, 2007
The trailer looks more Clock Tower-ish but the concept art is more RE4. Hopefully it's more Clock Tower than RE4.

SparkTR

Jul 16, 2008

The labeling for the consoles is interesting. MS is only letting people refer to the next Xbox by the term 'next generation consoles'... So its possible this is next Xbox only on next gen. That would be interesting.
Next generation consoles, plural.

monome

Mar 19, 2010

PS3 but not PS4?

that's like asking your wife to smell your fingers when you got them into another girl's vagina.

Anteater

May 22, 2010
strangely fits into the lineup of other bethesda games too, has that classy old art-style to it like dishonored

duckroll

Jun 7, 2004
There're a lot of Evil Dead vibes in the trailer and the artwork/logo/screens. Except more serious rather than campy. It's pretty cool imo.