• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within (PS3/360/PC/NextGen, idtech5, Tango/Bethesda, 2014): [Up: New Info]

Takao

Banned
Concept art:

p2qmGUz.jpg

wCEJ4hC.jpg

8BwBQOX.jpg

n5kvps3.jpg

EpzuUHa.jpg

4mrjRro.jpg

MQ38Upr.jpg

rTj2dq8.jpg

wKfWP2P.jpg

doNKHci.jpg

zyEaAjk.jpg

WkeEM3n.jpg

That crimson-coated four-armed monstrosity looked pretty fucking scary! Cube Head not so much.

This looks great though. The screenshots show a lot of promise. Talk about instantaneous hype!

Game screens look nice, will look at the trailer when I can.

Question if the Evil is Within, has it taken residence? Is it a resident evil?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Looks cool.

I hope it's a survival horror game and not a shooter game.

wrowa

Oh, I really love the background of the Twitter page. Judging by the concept "within" really seems to be directed at a person's mind. More Silent Hill-ish than classic Resident Evil.

eMA6Mks.png

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
They should have chosen a better name, really. I don't think it's marketable at all like Resident Evil is. It does look promising though.

Press release from Bethesda. Nothing new that IGN already has, but still, here it is anyway.

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS ANNOUNCES THE EVIL WITHIN

New Survival Horror Game from Master of the Genre

April 19, 2013 (London, UK) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced the planned release of The Evil Within™, a survival horror game developed at Tango Gameworks™ under the direction of renowned game designer and studio head, Shinji Mikami. Best known as the father of the survival horror genre and creator of the Resident Evil series, Mikami is a 20-year veteran of the industry who has developed numerous award-winning titles. The official announcement trailer can be viewed today at IGN.com.

The Evil Within, in development for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the PC, and next generation consoles, is slated for release in 2014. On Monday, April 22nd additional information about The Evil Within will be revealed in an exclusive feature story at IGN.com.

“We’re incredibly proud to announce The Evil Within,” said Mikami. “My team and I are committed to creating an exciting new franchise, providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action.”

V_Ben

Banned
Whoa. Great first trailer.

The labeling for the consoles is interesting. MS is only letting people refer to the next Xbox by the term 'next generation consoles'... So its possible this is next Xbox only on next gen. That would be interesting.

SparkTR

The labeling for the consoles is interesting. MS is only letting people refer to the next Xbox by the term 'next generation consoles'... So its possible this is next Xbox only on next gen. That would be interesting.

Next generation consoles, plural.

monome

PS3 but not PS4?

that's like asking your wife to smell your fingers when you got them into another girl's vagina.

duckroll

There're a lot of Evil Dead vibes in the trailer and the artwork/logo/screens. Except more serious rather than campy. It's pretty cool imo.

Top Bottom