• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Executive Leadership at 343 Needs to Go

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Drown 343 in soy milk and give Halo to the Doom team :messenger_beaming:
I wouldn't even waste that milk on these chuckle heads.

f1aQx6k.png

GloveSlap

They need new management for sure, even if just from a time management perspective. I don't miss Bungie either with what they did with Halo Reach multiplayer, that shit was the biggest slap in the face for me at the time. Halo 5 multi was a step in the right direction, but the game just isn't that fun to play IMO.

I agree they do need to go, but then again, apparently Phil and the rest of the Xbox leadership team believed that demo that good enough to live up to the hype they had built over the last several months, and and multiple marketing campaigns already locked for Halo launch. They would have been VERY happy to launch that utter mediocrity, which they all genuinely seemed to think was impressive, if it wasn't for the extreme backlash- so let's not pretend they weren't all drinking the same coolaid. I blame Phil more than 343, he had the ultimate say.

Honestly, i dont see what difference it would make in the immediate future. Infinite is done, or close to done.

All the people that Bonnie hired will still be there even if she leaves.

343 needs a culture change and that unfortunately takes a long time. Having Joe Staten there is a great start. He needs to stay there permanently in a major role.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Someone definitely simply needs to be fired simply because I believe that incompetency deserves some kind of of punishment.
Might as well get Halo Infinite finished first though.

lucius

Halo 4 was ok and MCC I still replay the campaigns but part of the problem you would keep hearing how Halo “was in good hands” or 343 being hyped up when they never proved themselves. Some where repeating things about 343 it was like a brainwashing almost. That Halo 5 was never held accountable when it was a garbage campaign baffles me. While the best Gears games are still 1-3 the new Gear games you see enough decent changes it’s fun enough. 343 I kept hearing how great they are, how they have the best people and huge assets to spend yet they don’t get results. They gotta move on from 343 for Halo even if Infinite ends up ok like Halo4, let them do something else not as important.

Basically any F2P game does this. Hopefully it's more on the side of Apex Legends where you can earn most things in game without spending. My friends and I have all purchased battle passes and more because it's a great game, more than just a great skin etc.

The fact we have nothing to see for anything Halo multiplayer is bullocks. A game that was supposed to launch next month and they still can't even show something to allay backlash. Seriously they need to get things in front of real Halo players and go from there. This closed off studio isn't capable of driving Halo on its own. It's objectively proven by poor stories, games not functioning and blah blah....

Get your audience involved early so you develop as you go. Seriously make this thing early access and curate something unique. Bring in the community now and let them develop tools, systems, levels, mods etc with direct studio support and then throw studio resources as the best ideas for an actual release version.

It pains me to keep seeing Halo fuck up again and again. Crap technical implementations, poor decision making and game design by committee all while delivering less content and bug ridden games with shit networking/region support. Time to let ideas flow and get from the best. Things like SPV shit on half the studio developments with limited tools and resources by comparison. The studio forced games aren't the best ideas going around in the community.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Is it not just that they possibly don't give a shit about Halo and would rather make a different game entirely? If so, let them do that and give Halo to another studio. Give it to the people who do Gears of War and see what they can make of it.

Ten_Fold

Hiring someone ONLY because they want diversity on their team is a horrible idea. We SHOULD strive for diversity only if they are good. I don’t care if the team is 100 white guys making my halo game, as long as the game is good. It’s just a dumb idea to hire based mainly on gender/race and not skill.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Oh I thought you were talking about the TransMedia part :messenger_tears_of_joy:
No sorry, I couldn't care less about that stuff. That's her title and I just included it.

I thought it was some sort of dungeons and dragons name or something at first.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
User ignoring last warning and necro bumping a thread just to create drama. Now on permanent ban warning for doing this.
Halo.

Bungie didn't understand it.
343 doesn't understand it.

343 failures go beyond themselves. Those in charge at corporate failed to monitor them properly and just kept throwing money at it and hoped for the best.
Yes. That's why Phill needs to go. But who's gonna fire him? Nobody at Microsoft gives a shit about games so as long as Phill keeps delivering ok results they are gonna leave him there. At Microsoft it doesn't matter if they burn Halo to the ground, they don't give a fuck, they aren't invested in that because that's what Phill is for and as we have seen, he's just a disaster.

Probably huge bonuses, huge payrolls, huge expenses. They are "stealing" lawfully though.
A number of posters have already been banned in this thread, even the OP by making stupid unsubstantiated comments. 343 just had a huge blowout of information for Halo Infinite and the vast majority of people loved what they saw. All this BS about 343 being badly managed should have stopped after the E3 showing.

McCheese

Probably huge bonuses, huge payrolls, huge expenses. They are "stealing" lawfully though.

The 343 issue is almost the opposite, they want to be as lean as possible to rely heavily on contractors and out-sourced talent; most of the staff they have are project managers who are supposed to oversee the contractors and ensure they are properly onboarded and their work goes through the correct QA process. The problem is the project got stuck in gestation so long, anybody working on it now cannot even contact the original developers who have long gone, so despite not even being released the game has years of technical debt, messy code and lack of any real in-house knowledge of what's holding it all together. Add to that covid which ravaged a lot of their contractor workforce, and I feel really bad for the developers left holding the fort now and trying to get it in a releasable state. They've been hiring a lot the past 12-months so it feels like they are course correcting and should get it all sorted given enough time and money.

Last edited:
A number of posters have already been banned in this thread, even the OP by making stupid unsubstantiated comments. 343 just had a huge blowout of information for Halo Infinite and the vast majority of people loved what they saw. All this BS about 343 being badly managed should have stopped after the E3 showing.
No it shouldn't have, the game should have been ready last year, I know Halo/MS fans try to pretend that covid only slowed 343 but that game wasn't going to be ready even if covid hadn't happened. Halo 4 and 5 sucked, the MP thing you are talking about is only well received by MS fans who just needed to see something was real, they have no idea how fun it is or not and it doesn't look amazing either. They are not a studio that can handle a flagship franchise, Halo 4 was worse than Reach, Halo 5 was worse than four, they don't know how to do a good Halo single player campaign. I really couldn't care less about MP, I find a bunch of the same character models who's only difference is their color running around with weapons that by and large don't feel very good boring.

How do you get away with making such stupid comments? "pure thieves"? So you're insinuating someone or more have been using the development money in a unlawful fashion?
It’s the internet. Wild, baseless accusations and wanting people to be fired makes people who clean the toilets at Burger King for a living feel special. It validates their existence.

NonPhixion

I don't know how anyone can think that 343i is badly managed, that should have stopped after the E3 showing. I have been so excited to play this Series XS launch title since seeing Master Chief plaster across my Series X box. Power your Dreams.

highrider

Banned
They’ve shown they can do a fun multiplayer ( H5 ) and a few decent campaign levels, but I’d have to agree. Halo is really the only online FPS I’ve ever enjoyed so I’m hopeful but yeah. I thought the recent footage of infinite looked great.

Last edited:

Three

Why the did you dig this thread up? Just so you can say what amounts to nothing?

Probably one of the worst posts in GAF history.
Congrats. Golf clap.

Sometimes I wish there was a “dislike” button. 🤔

Also, digging up ancient threads with troll posts should be discouraged. It’s just a waste of everyone’s time

Jesus you guys are such savages. I'm guessing by the way that the post is worded the guy/gal meant to post in this recent thread but ended up here

REDRZA MWS

If they get rid of Bonnie Ross the overgrown babies in today’s culture will call them “misogynists”. Everything has to turn to cry baby shit. Nobody can earn anything based on MERIT anymore: they are too worried about getting blasted by the “woke” (more like stupid) crowd.

If they get rid of Bonnie Ross the overgrown babies in today’s culture will call them “misogynists”. Everything has to turn to cry baby shit. Nobody can earn anything based on MERIT anymore: they are too worried about getting blasted by the “woke” (more like stupid) crowd.
Proof?

And I assume you think all of the white male CEOs have earned their place on merit alone?

Top Bottom