• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier |OT| Cap's Best Friends

sol_bad

Sam's speech wasn't about solving problems, it was self serving in order to grow his reputation and ascendancy. It was to validate himself to the world but done in the worst possible way. Like I said, all we can do is go on what we have and what the show illustrates to us in world. This whole issue might be the premise of Cap 4, and maybe we will get answers/closure. But right now, it's just a bit of a mess.

How is it self serving?

bitbydeath

That's not the story we were given. That may have been the ORIGINAL story but they had to 86 it because of COVID and didn't want people being offended by it since we went through that already.

They had to re-write and re-shoot everything and create a new conflict and reason for the FS. I think they just wanted things to be left alone as is... not revert everything back to how it was 5 yrs prior.
The story suffered due to the re-writes that they lost their purpose. At points Karli doesn’t want to hurt anyone or looks sad / surprised when someone dies and then other times she’s out for blood, killing at random for the cause.
I think that's all anyone's been using as reference: The show.
Then I don’t understand how the GRC can be seen as the bad guys, they’re simply bureaucratic.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I thought there was a chance the others were going to turn on Karli because of the doubt they had at various points. But it never happened, and they kept going along with it despite having the same serum as her and more than capable of walking away or saying "No, you've gone too far." It would have given more credibility to the "They're not terrorists" point.

ManaByte

Gold Member
This suit is AWESOME:

Ez6V-y7VEAU23ZO

I just hope in the second season the long hair, ruthless Bucky return, just good this time around

Looks like a random guy with a cosplay metal arm with this design lol

RAÏSanÏa

My first watch of the series had me labeling Karli and the Smashers. Cap's speech in the final episode did make me stop and think about her and a lot of unresolved questions regarding her abilities and rise.

Aliens, Android, Wizards, in the the background. Known unknowns. Unknown Unknowns maybe unspoken threats these heroes haven't encountered.

There's something pushing the world to go back to what it was. It might only be like a tide at this point, a planetary influence correcting itself after the Snap which Captain Wilson interrupted with his speech.

While the flagsmashers are small in the worldview what they were fighting against may be so much more and so far above them and Karl's paygrade she never stood a chance to even understand it let alone fight it. Somewhere she was corrupted by even engaging it and the flagsmashers destroyed.

She's the first hero to fall.

The following series maybe deal with death too.
Loki
Black Widow
No Way Home

Marvel seems to be leading up to more heroes dying and making sure the world building makes sure they're gone. Could be wrong though, just some happy thoughts from a well of reflection.

MastaKiiLA

I really enjoyed the show. Mackie and Stan work well together. This and Wandavision have allayed my fears about Marvel doing TV shows. I was expecting another Agents of SHIELD, but these 2 shows have been so much better.

The consensus is, Sam becomes Captain America in the comics and Spellman's task with this show is to establish an MCU reason for Sam to take up the shield.

Catastrophic failure, but it's Disney/Marvel, so who cares. The war chest is infinite, and they already had a Captain America 4 planned.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Very different and good take from Hitop(he disliked Far From Home, Endgame, and Infinity War).

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
How can you not like Infinite War? Disliking the other two I get.
I did too, but I can understand his point of view. He prefers character pieces, creative risks, and character focused works. To him, there was simply too much going on in Infinity War and moments where he felt like studio interference hurt it. He felt the same way about both original and Snydercut Justice League, although he still half praised Snydercut because of Snyder being given creative liberties to make what he set out to make, because that's what movies should be at the end of the day to him.

I'm the type who really liked Far From Home for what it managed to accomplish as a movie, but I can also understand why people felt like it was a throwaway film.

Regardless check out the video when you get a chance to get more context into what he felt the show did right.

RAÏSanÏa

Aliens, Android, Wizards, in the the background. Known unknowns. Unknown Unknowns maybe unspoken threats these heroes haven't encountered.

There's something pushing the world to go back to what it was. It might only be like a tide at this point, a planetary influence correcting itself after the Snap which Captain Wilson interrupted with his speech.

While the flagsmashers are small in the worldview what they were fighting against may be so much more and so far above them and Karl's paygrade she never stood a chance to even understand it let alone fight it. Somewhere she was corrupted by even engaging it and the flagsmashers destroyed.

She's the first hero to fall.
fAyIvEv.gif

Top Bottom