• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Famitsu Thread of 6th Feb 2009

Aeana

Wow, the new UI in Persona PSP looks really fantastic. So do the new movies. I like the idea of having three difficulty levels, too. It's also pretty interesting to see that Shoji Meguro is actually directing this port.

jj984jj said:
Another Code R is sounding more like Hotel Dusk than Another Code.

Yep. Given how good Nintendo's localisation team are, that's not necessarily a bad thing - what Hotel Dusk lacked in compelling asides to the plot, it more than made up for with the quality of its storytelling. That said, it's a shame the puzzles don't seem as plentiful as in the original AC, because they were the best part (I doubt there'll be anything as clever here as the mirror or stamp puzzles).

Yaweee

Aeana said:
Wow, the new UI in Persona PSP looks really fantastic. So do the new movies. I like the idea of having three difficulty levels, too. It's also pretty interesting to see that Shoji Meguro is actually directing this port.

And more save points!

amodf

EXGN said:
Wait, when you say alternate costumes, are you talking strictly about bonus costumes, or are these just alternate colors?

the other costumes like the zangief haggar costume and the el fuerte in chef outfit costume, the ones that are in the arcade version already.

if they were all neat like safari blanka, charlie guile and d&d thief rose, they'd be worth getting, but like... shirtless ryu, torn up costume bison and sagat with pants? no thanks.

vareon

I don't know if any of you guys here cared about the One Piece UC games, but freakin' Kizaru is in the game! :D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Holy crap at Persona. Looks real nice. I'm halfway through the original (as I wanted to do a full Persona series playthrough) but somehow stopped playing it for reasons that I cannot explain. Not too sure whether I should keep up with it or just wait for this sucker.

GCX

Ydahs said:
I wasn't a fan of the first two (didn't really give the second one a chance) but I'll hopefully look into M&L3 once it's out. Though, where the hell is the coverage? The game's coming out soon in Japan but there's nothing about it. All I can recall is some short video from that Nintendo conference and a handful of screens.
Here you go.

I am so happy about the growlanser renewal. I want more details on the changes to the battle system. It looks like they are making it a lot faster from the little blurb.

zurra

Aeana said:
Ooh, a character with the same surname as Cius on Roak. Ryas Warren.
EDIT: And a girl with Ratix's last name, Farrence. :eek:
And the new girl's name is Sara Jerand :eek:

The Warren dude and the Farrence lady look cool. Actually, most of the new models shown in this scans look a lot better than what they've shown so far. I see the Tatroi arena!!

There is totally some
4D nonsense
going on here...

zurra said:
There is totally some
4D nonsense
going on here...
Explain, please.

And wouldn't Roak still be fighting
against the demon lord
at that time? Or maybe this is before... that? But then the
Mu would still be there... living amongst the Fellpool,
right?

1up has a summary of the M&L RPG 3 and Street Fighter IV reviews, as well as a slightly more extensive summary of the Another Code : R review :

- Another Code: R (7/7/7/7, 28 points): The Wii-only sequel to Trace Memory has made the leap from 2D to 3D graphics, which "results in a nice, standard upgrade to the graphics, but also slows the pace of gameplay down to a leisurely walk." Reviewers lauded the "beautiful landscapes and expressive characters," but noted that this was less old-school adventure and more like the pretty, story-driven games we've seen out of Europe in recent years. "The focus is less on puzzle solving and more about the father-daughter connection, giving it the feel of a young-adult novel," one wrote. "Compared to the volume of the story, the amount of puzzle-solving you're asked to do is a little light."

- Mario & Luigi 3 (9/9/8/9, 35 points): This is the highest-scoring game of the month (outscoring both SFIV and Skate 2), and while there are "no dramatic changes," Famitsu's reviewers could find very little to complain about. "The fun action and lovely pixel art of the previous game has been further polished, creating a game filled with the sort of fun only the DS can provide." The M&L-touring-Bowser's-body gimmick is lots of fun, it seems, and while one reviewer "would ask for a little more length," this is still "a great game, one that serves as an example of how games should be made."

- Street Fighter IV (9/8/8/9, 34 points): The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of SFIV got the same rating, being essentially identical to each other. "The essence of SFII has been perfectly retained," wrote one reviewer. "It's not just nostalgia here either; there is a whole new level of gameplay here, which impresses me." Other writers praised the online system, which offers search based on player level and the ability to wait for a player to finish a match before challenging him (as if you were waiting for your turn in the arcade -- hey, remember that?). The learning curve for beginners may be a little steep, though: "Few games can boast as complete a multiplayer experience; maybe asking for a similarly complete single-player mode would be asking too much."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172612

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
I want more Growlanser! I absolutely loved Generations. 3 was so fucking awesome! I am willing to offer my soul in exchange of localization, thanks.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I had my eyes on Growlanser for a LONG while, I really hope this comes to America, and we get a nice localization courtesy of Atlus.

Reading over this thread, I'm happy to see a lot of other people eagerly anticipating this game. I remember back when Shouta was the only one talking about the GL series.

zurra

Mr. Wonderful said:
Explain, please.

And wouldn't Roak still be fighting
against the demon lord
at that time? Or maybe this is before... that? But then the
Mu would still be there... living amongst the Fellpool,
right?
Oh, I meant what someone else had said...
that they're a 4D person's earlier characters, or maybe even a friend of said 4D person.

In regards to your question,
it depends when it takes place. It might be when they're fighting Asmodeus, or it could just be some random time period and something else is going on. It would be neat if the Mulians were there, though.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I've never played a Star Ocean game but I really like what I'm seeing here.
Is there a PS2 chapter that is well worthy of a playthrough and will tide me over SOA4?

Dash Kappei said:
I've never played a Star Ocean game but I really like what I'm seeing here.
Is there a PS2 chapter that is well worthy of a playthrough and will tide me over SOA4?
The real question is: Are you worthy of the PS2 chapter?

Star Ocean III: Till The End Of Time.

Shouta

pancakesandsex said:
I am so happy about the growlanser renewal. I want more details on the changes to the battle system. It looks like they are making it a lot faster from the little blurb.

Well, I'll be picking up the issue tomorrow so I'll give it a read and translate it.

I went and looked over my old Growlanser 1 write-up. Man that was long. :lol

Top Bottom