• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Federation Force Blast Ball Demo will be offline-only after 12/31

Regiruler

Official shutdown time is listed as December 31st 2016, 23:59 Pacific Time.

Thank you for your continued support. The online multiplayer feature for the Metroid Prime: Federation Force Blast Ball demo will be discontinued at 2016/12/31 23:59 PST. The discontinuation of this demo feature will not impact the online multiplayer feature available in the full version of the game.

Found via the NA eShop: this may be different in other regions. There's not really much lost here as it was supposed to go down in September (at least in North America), but it quietly got extended. The language seems to indicate that all the offline and local multi features will work just fine. I don't believe there is any reason it will be delisted, but that is pure speculation on my part. However, if you want to play the best sci-fi gun soccer spinoff of the year online (because Lucioball sucked big time), this is your last chance to do so.

Forget to cancel my EBF internet plan if old.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Wow. That was quick.

EDIT: Oh, for some reason, I though this was a feature in the final game.

Wait so the main game will continue to support online gaming then? I'm confused. I thought this was for the game but it's for a free demo?

Berordn

Wait so the main game will continue to support online gaming then? I'm confused. I thought this was for the game but it's for a free demo?

Blast Ball is a feature in Federation Force, and in full game is still playable online with others.

Up until now there's been a demo version featuring Blast Ball exclusively that was stated to be timed, but didn't go down after the game launched. They were able to play with others who had the full copy, but won't soon.

Blast Ball is a feature in Federation Force, and in full game is still playable online with others.

Up until now there's been a demo version featuring Blast Ball exclusively that was stated to be timed, but didn't go down after the game launched. They were able to play with others who had the full copy, but won't soon.
That's the part I don't understand. So they're dropping support for the people that have the demo but keeping it for those with the full game? Or is that entire mode, for demo and full game, is king offline?

Not that I care too much but I find it fascinating just how quickly this is going down. Not even 6 months.

That's the part I don't understand. So they're dropping support for the people that have the demo but keeping it for those with the full game? Or is that entire mode, for demo and full game, is king offline?

Not that I care too much but I find it fascinating just how quickly this is going down. Not even 6 months.

The Demo is being shut down, not the full game

Het_Nkik

Thank you for your continued support. The online multiplayer feature for the Metroid Prime: Federation Force Blast Ball demo will be discontinued at 2016/12/31 23:59 PST. The discontinuation of this demo feature will not impact the online multiplayer feature available in the full version of the game.

What is there even to be confused about?

The Demo is being shut down, not the full game
It amazes me it was up for this long.

What a sad state of affairs this game ended up being. The worst thing is that we could see this from a mile away. Hell, even the OT for the fan game AM2R got more than double posts than the OT for Nintendo's official "Metroid" game.

People were complaining when they found out this was Metroid, now people are complaining when the free version gets shut down

RK128

This makes a lot of sense honestly; the demo served it's purpose and got players something to get ready for the final game before launch. Sadly the game suffered from poor sales and it really is one of Nintendo's biggest black sheep (next to Star Fox Zero) in 2016.

I detailed the history of Federation Force on 3WIREL this summer and while I enjoyed the E-Shop demo, I can see why people dislike the game a lot. I honestly feel more angry about Other M (Federation Force is harmless compared to that train-wreck X() to be honest.

Federation Force is a harmless spin-off that just released at a very bad time, more so after Nintendo's attack toward fan productions this year.

I was playing the demo again the other week (offline) I just wish the physics played nicer online, the ping ruins a lot of the fun and control of the ball.

Top Bottom