• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

Yup, Nintendo 2010 was incredible. They're due for another awesome E3
but don't hold your breath

903426984_Tg2it-L.jpg
That was a good year.
I think the big N could do it again.
Especially if the Digital Event is similar to their last few directs, and that E3 announcement video with Mega64.
:p

CREMSteve

The GT player just keeps getting worse and worse. It's just a stuttery mess.

Runs perfectly fine for me. /shrug

Anyway, hype levels...

Microsoft - 4/5 Desperate Microsoft is the best Microsoft, sure to be bombs being dropped.
EA - 2/5 Want to see more of NHL and what they've done with it, other than that, meh.
Ubisoft - 3/5 Unannounced games that won't come out for 2-3 years and will likely be significantly downgraded by the time they hit retail. 'nuff said.
Sony - 3.5/5 No Tretton worries me. I fear VR presentations that won't play well to a live audience, a PS NOW demo that will consist of many loading screens and little to no unannounced titles. Could be the worst Sony show in years, IMO.
Nintendo - 1/5 Honestly have very little interest in what this company is bringing to the table these days.

Tiu Neo

Hmmm, for me it would be...

Microsoft - 4/5
Nintendo 3.5/5
Sony 3/5

Which is funny, because last year it was kinda like this, but with Sony and Microsoft swapped.
I hope Microsoft delivers, and Sony surprises.

Too much focus on the Halo 5 box art, which isn't as bad as he seems to think. It's just box art anyway, not really worth spending 3 minutes talking about.

Bgamer90

Banned
Nice GAF shoutout. Didn't understand the criticism of the box arts though. Box arts are there to pretty much give a visual representation of the game itself... They make a game reveal more "real"/believable in comparison to just having text. Plus the box arts are advertising for the games too. The box arts for Far Cry and Halo spread all over social media and got people interested in reading the details of both games after seeing the art.

So yeah, thought it was a bit nitpicky to be honest.

So am I the first one to point out that that is NOT the Halo 5 box art? I mean they did the same thing with Halo 4. Its just a hype image and it was successful as hell.

I wouldn't rate the reveal any higher than a B anyway but damn was he wrong. Still love TFB though.

AND the forerunners refer to themselves as the guardian of the universe.

So if I rated this episode I'd give it a C- =/

UrbanRats

Too much focus on the Halo 5 box art, which isn't as bad as he seems to think. It's just box art anyway, not really worth spending 3 minutes talking about.

Hi, i'm the actual Uncle Rupee, and i think Bosman actually spent the right amount of time, talking about a mediocre boxart.

Haha, he was right on about the reveals.

But... I must be weird but I really don't need to be surprised. Just show me great gameplay from some great comes, and tell me when I can expect them to come out. Show me what makes them special, what makes them tick, what gives them a soul.

I think the overwhelming desire for those surprise announcements is something the press wants far more than the average or even hardcore gamer, because they're far more immersed in the production and marketing cycles of these games.

Mariolee

It's weird to me that the Far Cry 4 and Halo 5 reveals didn't affect me at all with just showing box art, but ORAS's reveal which effectively did the same thing was like a gigantic megaton.

Superflat

Haha, he was right on about the reveals.

But... I must be weird but I really don't need to be surprised. Just show me great gameplay from some great comes, and tell me when I can expect them to come out. Show me what makes them special, what makes them tick, what gives them a soul.

I think the overwhelming desire for those surprise announcements is something the press wants far more than the average or even hardcore gamer, because they're far more immersed in the production and marketing cycles of these games.

I think any announcement of a new game can be a "surprise" announcement, regardless of where and when it's done. If they announce a game that is properly presented and maintains a steady flow of information, that's a successful surprise. Far Cry 4 could have done that, but instead it was just a meek little fart of an announcement.

Also, I agree 100% with Bosman about the Halo 5 box art. Uegh.

FireCloud

Thank this thread for turning me onto The Final Bosman! Over the past several weeks, I've really looked forward to the show.

Oh, and congrats to Aqua! Hopefully, this added attention won't make it hard for you to share your NPD thoughts in the future.

I don't think it's a problem to do a "oh hey here's the box art now start pre-ordering" for games that aren't exactly a surprise. We all knew there was going to be another Halo game and another Far Cry game. Save the big build-ups and E3 world reveals for the ones that are at least kind of a surprise, like Battlefront and Mirror's Edge last year.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
It's a nitpick of mine and maybe some people find it silly, but just wanted to say I appreciated the fact that Kyle said "this person" instead of "he" when talking about Aquamarine.
And yes, enjoyable episode. :)

Zomba13

Haven't even watched it yet but completely agree with the title "Pre-E3 Reveals are No Fun".
Showing new Batman and announcing new Far Cry and all other things that have popped up lately so close to E3 just aren't fun. I don't really care about the things that have been revealed but at E3, watching the pressers or seeing trailers go up and new GAF threads really helps with the hype for things I'd be lukewarm on otherwise.

Zoggy

it still really shocks me how easily and non-chalantly he name drops neogaf and actual users.

its like we're people

Sid

Microsoft-4/5->Will be destroying the competition
Sony-2/5->"AAA games take AAA time"
Ubisoft-3/5->Expecting Far Cry 4 and AC:Unity to be awesome

Congrats for the shout-out Aquamarine.

That sentence about how gamers are always more excited about the games that haven't been released yet is so true.
Before we know the details about a game our imaginations can still go wild, the game can be whatever we want it to be.
A lot of people really need to learn how to control their expectations. Sometimes it's hilarious to watch a speculation thread just turn into this crazy snowball of wishes that become more and more unrealistic with each post, but it's fun and it's so easy to get carried away like that.

I didn't think the Halo 5 art was that bad, FC4 is much worse and not because it's racist or whatever, it just looks fucking stupid imo.

Top Bottom