The first Diablo III expansion is "Reaper of Souls", teaser site is live

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game has certainly come a long way since launch, with the biggest changes still forthcoming sometime after Blizzcon in an itemization patch. Depending on how that patch changes the game, I might be willing to pick this expansion up.

Yoshichan

I've played over 500 hours of DMC2 and consider the game good.
Uhm... I am pretty sure 90% of D3-Gaf surpassed your D3 gametime within the first quarter after the game's release :p
Hence, why I didn't say D3-GAF, silly. Also, no one played as much as I did the first couple of weeks.
Did they ever patch in PvP? I stopped playing after I beat it on Inferno or whatever, didn't really bother with MP levels that much
Yeah, the PvP-mode is called "Herp".

So....what can this be? We know that the Enchantress hinted heavily at the Prophet, who seemingly was able to do so many things to this world without being noticed. And that is definitely a portal in question.

If a portal does not lead to hell, where does it lead then? Some place that goes beyond that? Are they going to pull a Void on us in Diablo as well, where there is an uber-evil that threatens both races? (If so, booo?)

One prediction I am going to make: Ladders will be back.

Given the console versions that exist .. any chance Blizzard throws us a bone and allow a non RMAH/AH Mode?

I would have said offline mode, but doubt that.

Did anyone like Diablo 3 - except Yoshichan?
I really enjoyed it, but I'm not super hardcore into Diablo. Played through the first and second difficulty and most of the way through the 3rd before quitting.

Really interested to see what this is. I'd be up for going back if they added enough to get me in. A campaign 50%-75% the length of the original, at least one more new class, and skills for the old stuff would be what I'd want from just a casual perspective.

Have they said anything about this?
Yes, the new lead designer was not opposing it. The usual "we need to figure out how this works" bullshit was still there somewhere, which is kinda rage-inducing, because it can be optional, and the VAST majority of serious D3 players would jump on that train instantly, for the chance of a fresh economy with the upcoming loot revamp.

Yoshichan

I've played over 500 hours of DMC2 and consider the game good.
Yes, the new lead designer was not opposing it. The usual "we need to figure out how this works" bullshit was still there somewhere, which is kinda rage-inducing, because it can be optional, and the VAST majority of serious D3 players would jump on that train instantly, for the chance of a fresh economy with the upcoming loot revamp.
Well, if this would happen... shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Eagerly awaiting this. D3 has its flaws, but it was overall a superior package than D2 to me. I'll play it solidly for a month, stop playing for a while, then revisit it maybe two months later. So long as you don't binge stupid amounts on it, it has a lot of staying power.

The last couple big patches have given me hope that an expansion can save this game. Hopefully Blizzard has been listening to the boatloads of good feedback fans have compiled on the forums.

Fuck this game.

And not to be on Yoshi's dick, but you have no idea the time he put into this game. Hell the time I put into this game was crazy. It's fucked. I want to still love it, but blizz is more concerned with working on the ports, than fixing the problems. Really sad man, this game was beyond a let down. And it sucks, because I still want to love it.

My inner Nostradamus tells me:
One new Act. Old classes retun. Runewords. Charms. Fixed item stats that the main weapon is no longer the most important item. Crazy item suffixes like in D2. No longer build around the AH.

Status
Not open for further replies.