• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first Diablo III expansion is "Reaper of Souls", teaser site is live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiru

Banned
5XXcLFR.jpg

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/

More news probably to come at Gamescom. And now we also know that The Dark Below is most likely the next WoW expansion, not Diablo III.

EDIT: The Dark Below trademark application is most likely just a hoax.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Here we go again with the over sophisticated quotes. Metzen literature TM (c).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi, seriously. Just...leave. Ignore this game. Yes, it is Metzen. It will hurt us all.
Why? Am I not gonna end up playing the shit out of this game, probably more than 99,9% of GAF?

Seiru

Banned
The game has certainly come a long way since launch, with the biggest changes still forthcoming sometime after Blizzcon in an itemization patch. Depending on how that patch changes the game, I might be willing to pick this expansion up.

Yoshichan

Not falling for this shit again Blizzard, worst 50 euros ever spent.
Some (read: most) people would say that Diablo III was the best 50+ euros they had gained. The power of RMAH.

dr_rus

Nope. Can't remember anything from D3 at all. The most overhyped PC game of the last ten or so years.

Did they ever patch in PvP? I stopped playing after I beat it on Inferno or whatever, didn't really bother with MP levels that much

Yoshichan

Uhm... I am pretty sure 90% of D3-Gaf surpassed your D3 gametime within the first quarter after the game's release :p
Hence, why I didn't say D3-GAF, silly. Also, no one played as much as I did the first couple of weeks.
Did they ever patch in PvP? I stopped playing after I beat it on Inferno or whatever, didn't really bother with MP levels that much
Yeah, the PvP-mode is called "Herp".

V_Arnold

So....what can this be? We know that the Enchantress hinted heavily at the Prophet, who seemingly was able to do so many things to this world without being noticed. And that is definitely a portal in question.

If a portal does not lead to hell, where does it lead then? Some place that goes beyond that? Are they going to pull a Void on us in Diablo as well, where there is an uber-evil that threatens both races? (If so, booo?)

One prediction I am going to make: Ladders will be back.

Okay Jay Willson is no longer on board for this expansion so maybe it turns the game around and its a propper Diablo game now.

Twinduct

Given the console versions that exist .. any chance Blizzard throws us a bone and allow a non RMAH/AH Mode?

I would have said offline mode, but doubt that.

yami4ct

Did anyone like Diablo 3 - except Yoshichan?

I really enjoyed it, but I'm not super hardcore into Diablo. Played through the first and second difficulty and most of the way through the 3rd before quitting.

Really interested to see what this is. I'd be up for going back if they added enough to get me in. A campaign 50%-75% the length of the original, at least one more new class, and skills for the old stuff would be what I'd want from just a casual perspective.

V_Arnold

Have they said anything about this?

Yes, the new lead designer was not opposing it. The usual "we need to figure out how this works" bullshit was still there somewhere, which is kinda rage-inducing, because it can be optional, and the VAST majority of serious D3 players would jump on that train instantly, for the chance of a fresh economy with the upcoming loot revamp.

That quote reads like something you'd find plastered all over an angsty teens Myspace page circa 2000.

Saying that, I'll probably be suckered into buying it again.

TripleSun

Loved it for one play through but couldn't get hardcore about it. Didn't like farming Act I 24/7

So yeah I'll get the expac.

I liked it. At launch it was fun for me up until the inferno wall. Now it's much more approachable, and they fixed a lot of the itemization issues.

Yoshichan

Yes, the new lead designer was not opposing it. The usual "we need to figure out how this works" bullshit was still there somewhere, which is kinda rage-inducing, because it can be optional, and the VAST majority of serious D3 players would jump on that train instantly, for the chance of a fresh economy with the upcoming loot revamp.
Well, if this would happen... shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Did they add PvP yet? Blizzard completely lost my trust when they said it would be there couple months in then just didnt bring it up ever again.

Suairyu

Banned
Eagerly awaiting this. D3 has its flaws, but it was overall a superior package than D2 to me. I'll play it solidly for a month, stop playing for a while, then revisit it maybe two months later. So long as you don't binge stupid amounts on it, it has a lot of staying power.

The last couple big patches have given me hope that an expansion can save this game. Hopefully Blizzard has been listening to the boatloads of good feedback fans have compiled on the forums.

Yoshichan

How many CGI cutscenes are we to expect for this expansion? One at the start and end?

Riggs

Banned
Fuck this game.

And not to be on Yoshi's dick, but you have no idea the time he put into this game. Hell the time I put into this game was crazy. It's fucked. I want to still love it, but blizz is more concerned with working on the ports, than fixing the problems. Really sad man, this game was beyond a let down. And it sucks, because I still want to love it.

My inner Nostradamus tells me:
One new Act. Old classes retun. Runewords. Charms. Fixed item stats that the main weapon is no longer the most important item. Crazy item suffixes like in D2. No longer build around the AH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom