• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash director shares first look at Michael Keaton’s Batsuit

VulcanRaven

He also posted this few weeks ago:

I'm so happy that Keaton is returning and we are going to see him in the suit. That pic doesn't show much but it looks a bit like the Batman Returns suit:

Batman-Returns-batman-8741202-852-480.jpg

Last edited:
would Keaton be playing old Bruce ie Dark Knight Return? I like Keaton's performance in recent years and this should be fun at the very least.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Isn't that the Kingdom Come suit?

A very heavily modified version of it, yes. Basically a Burtonverse version of the Kingdom Come suit.

The idea is that this is the Kingdom Come Bruce Wayne who, after the timeline is reset and he exists in the normal DCEU, builds a new Justice League just like in Kingdom Come. The idea is for him to be like DC's Nick Fury and appearing in multiple movies such as the HBO Max Batgirl.

bitch you fucking kidding me?

just the symbol?

i see indentations of detail

looks like some night owl shit

aQ4de3e_460s.jpg

don't overcomplicate it

just use the original suit, its perfect

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
It would not surprise me to see DC bring Watchmen into this. Except in the sense that it may mean incorporating Zack Snyder again.

But what if what they meant when they said Snyder's JL isn't canon, is that it exists within it's own pocket universe...?!
Okay, I'm getting carried away, I know.

But Marvel is one-upping the hell out of them with their multiverse plans right now. If WB is trying to fight back on that level, they're looking at what, four Batman's and a Brandon Routh Superman?
I'm exaggerating, but only slightly. Their stable of multiverse potential characters can't compete with MCU's.
So if they did want to bring out the big guns, Watchmen would make sense. And it literally just happened in the comics to big sales.
By Geoff Johns who was just involved in WB pictures at the time of this movies inception.

Okay, conspiracy over. Maybe they should just focus on the emotional content of the plot anyway.

DavidGzz

The fake muscles in some of these suits look dumb. The Supergirl above and Superman in the new show, Lois and Superman. It looks cool in the Batman costume though.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
E4Vqe46WQAAhqL4

Ursa?
Yeah that suit is not doing her any favours

Davey Cakes

Oh man that supergirl casting gonna trigger a few people on this forum.
The usual YouTube reactionaries are spewing diarrhea all over it, like with everything comic-related these days.

Par for the course. They’re on hair triggers.

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Whats the in universe explanation for Superman looking buff as heck but supergirl is kind of skinny / out of shape looking. In the comics its done for "sex sells" I guess but why do that in movies? Why not get the actor on some training and make her look like a strongwoman? Or get a strongwomen, if models (Gal Gadot) can "act" just like that, so can Strongwoman.

kunonabi

It's just another Hollywood double standard no explanation needed. Just now it's worse because the women arent even eye candy anymore.

Cravis

I’m not going to judge these set leaked images of the suit but if WB had any bit of common sense they’d release some official images of Supergirl this week. Of course this is WB we are talking about. Their exec board room looks something like this

Office Monkey GIF

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Whats the in universe explanation for Superman looking buff as heck but supergirl is kind of skinny / out of shape looking. In the comics its done for "sex sells" I guess but why do that in movies? Why not get the actor on some training and make her look like a strongwoman? Or get a strongwomen, if models (Gal Gadot) can "act" just like that, so can Strongwoman.
Kryptonians are physically perfect, Alpha Humanoids.
But they've had less then physically perfect people play Kryptonians before
They fuck up the lore all the time.
For example in the comics they explain why Clarke wears glasses other then the unconvincing disguise.
The Glasses are actually tinted to tone down the unnatural blue of Clarkes eyes.
A trait of being Kryptonian.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Supergirl's suit looks really stupid, like CW quality. Hopefully they add a lot in post production, which is what I am expecting.

If they really want to generate some hype, get some story board art out there. Let us see if there are versions of other DC characters in there. Constantine, Black Adam, Booster Gold, anyone obscure to the average viewer but would generate mad hype for DC fans.

Dacon

Banned
Nah, looks like Cir-El or Lara Kent which she has the look for, but that costume is god awful.

The fucking ab implants lmfao

what kind of six pack in hell

This looks like the cellulitis compression tights of a 40 something soccer mom.
The fake abs and biceps are just ridiculous.

Nah, looks like Cir-El or Lara Kent which she has the look for, but that costume is god awful.

The fucking ab implants lmfao

I have to think that's the flying harness underneath her suit, and they'll remove it with CGI later. I really doubt she looks like that in the movie.

sol_bad

OMvIv7W.jpg

OH MY GOD THE SHAZAM SUIT LOOK SO TERRIBLE AND SHIT. THIS MOVIE WIL SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!
AND WHY WOULD YOU GET THIS ACTOR TO PLAY SHAZAM, HE LOOKS DUMB!!!!

*sigh*

Last edited:

HoodWinked

OMvIv7W.jpg

OH MY GOD THE SHAZAM SUIT LOOK SO TERRIBLE AND SHIT. THIS MOVIE WIL SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!
AND WHY WOULD YOU GET THIS ACTOR TO PLAY SHAZAM, HE LOOKS DUMB!!!!

*sigh*

shazam is fucking stupid but when the trailers came out i thought that the casting seemed appropriate, the most legendary pre-emptive bitching to blowup was Heath Ledger as Joker, people were fucking pissed imagine this guy being Joker LOL.

EB20010511REVIEWS105110302AR.jpg

sol_bad

shazam is fucking stupid but when the trailers came out i thought that the casting seemed appropriate, the most legendary pre-emptive bitching to blowup was Heath Ledger as Joker, people were fucking pissed imagine this guy being Joker LOL.

EB20010511REVIEWS105110302AR.jpg

I know pre-bitching has been around forever but you'd think people would have learnt by now from examples like Heath Ledger's Joker, Michael Keaton's Batman and Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.
Knowing an actors filmography and set photos don't tell the whole truth.
:(

Top Bottom