• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Yes, guys, calcified speed force makes sense. Look at the speedsters who die via running into the blue or getting erased via time manipulation/Black Flash. Their bones disintegrate—accelerated osteoporosis. All that calcium gets absorbed into the speed force.

Nabs

These are the spoiler photos from the finale: http://imgur.com/a/WXtFB

And here is the high quality poster:

u5vcqikck3yy.jpg

Joni

You are finally strong enough to defeat me, now you must help me stop Godspeed. Don't worry, I only fake killed Iris and HR was dying off cancer anyway.

CryptiK

Well Captain Cold did say
Dont try beat Savitar at his own game, its best when Barry is a hero. Maybe he turns Savitar some how.

Sir Doom

Layla's side mission show me that you can be good...( does the side mission) good job Barry here is your reward.
There really is no reason for Savitar to leave his armor than dramatic.

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but if I was destined to die I would not make a video where I for all intents and purposes remind the loved ones of the future that could have been. That video Iris made felt all sorts of stupid all things considered.

Regginator

Hmm, didn't expect them to actually carry out Iris' death, and I still don't, so I can only say one thing:

tenor.gif

Iris is actually a time remnant of Barry in disguise.

lol, that would really be the icing on the cake of a terribly written season. Arguably even plausible, with HR's transmogrifier.

Skii

Yeah I'm assuming that Iris and HR got switched when Barry and Savitar were fighting. Barry doesn't know about the switch obviously.

I would much prefer it if Iris died tbh. It would be a nice change rather than some stupid convoluted twist and would really drive home to Barry that you cannot escape your fate.

Neoxon

Yeah I'm assuming that Iris and HR got switched when Barry and Savitar were fighting. Barry doesn't know about the switch obviously.
It's the only option that makes sense for HR & Iris switching places when you consider Iris & Joe's bonding moment on Earth-2. Unless H.R. & Joe had similar taste in music, it couldn't have been him. That plus H.R. felt super-guilty after blabbing to Savitar about Earth-2, possibly to the point of dying in Iris' place.

LotusHD

Banned
This season is absolutely terrible. Nothing redeeming about it.

We got to see Snart again, had the musical crossover, I think the Dominators crossover episode was alright too, Kid Flash was born, probably some other small stuff.

If we're talking just Savitar, then yea you're right.

Skii

We got to see Snart again, had the musical crossover, I think the Dominators crossover episode was alright too, Kid Flash was born, probably some other small stuff.

If we're talking just Savitar, then yea you're right.

The dominator and musical episode were arguably the worst. I feel like they need to constantly shoehorn tie ins to other shows that its diluting the time they can actually tell a story and the pacing of the show is suffering. I'm not saying its the entire problem but it's definitely a part of it.

caliph95

Gorilla city was underwhelming and could be argued a waste in hindsight and took time from the main arc the crossovers were fun but did the same thing

jrush64

Banned
This season hasn't been good as 1 or 2 but has not been close to terrible. It's had it's great moments and it's low moments too. This is the first time a season of Arrow has been better than a season of Flash.

rackham

Not interested in a black lightning if it's not in the arrowverse.

This season of flash has been ok. The savitar reveal and his reasoning was very weak.

LotusHD

Banned
Gorilla. Fucking. City.

Meh. The first half gave us a cool GIF I guess. Honestly disappointed S3 didn't have Grodd do more, if not outright be the main villain but alas, the budget....

The dominator and musical episode were arguably the worst. I feel like they need to constantly shoehorn tie ins to other shows that its diluting the time they can actually tell a story and the pacing of the show is suffering. I'm not saying its the entire problem but it's definitely a part of it.

Well that's what it all comes down to for why this season was disappointing. The pacing was just bad. It's never a good thing when I realize that despite me enjoying an episode, there's only a few more left to go...

As for the crossovers, I mean you definitely have a point, but even after both were over, they still took their damn time with the Savitar reveal. At least they were entertaining...

Not interested in a black lightning if it's not in the arrowverse.

This season of flash has been ok. The savitar reveal and his reasoning was very weak.

Stupid decision. Now I'm just waiting for them to kill Titans by keeping it out as well.

For the best for now. Let it do a whole Supergirl thing, where we see how the first season works out, and then we go from there. I mean, after all, do we want to do some random crossover in the show's first season? It'd be dumb. That's why I am not too worried about it.

That being said, hopefully they will combine at some point, because if they never do, then yea, that's dumb.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Stupid decision. Now I'm just waiting for them to kill Titans by keeping it out as well.

It'll be as much a part of the Arrowverse as Supergirl, if that helps. Just not obvious crossovers for the foreseeable future.

Titans would almost certainly be its own thing.

Yeah. Unless they do something crazy like not have Nightwing or not connect him to Batman. Batman just doesn't exist as a contemporary to the heroes in the Arrowverse.

That being said, they could have set both shows on Supergirl's earth.

Joni

They could keep him in the same universe but not crossover. Slimming down the world of black lightning by putting him alone is boring. And it makes small crossovers harder like the Flash this week had.

morningbus

They could keep him in the same universe but not crossover. Slimming down the world of black lightning by putting him alone is boring. And it makes small crossovers harder like the Flash this week had.

There comes a point that being in a larger world that is constantly developing actually hampers the stories you might want to tell, though. Setting it in the Arrowverse would mean dealing with a world where everyone knows: 1) There are humans with super powers, 2) There are aliens, 3) (and, eventually) There are multiple Earths. Not to mention anything else crazy Flash or Legends wants to introduce during the current season.

The only interesting story I would like to see that is kiboshed by not being on an existing show's Earth is the view of Superman in the black community. There could be great parallels there with white liberal guilt that prefers to spit out platitudes than think about the problems that black Americans face everyday.

We already have 3 shows where they have to actively work around each other's continuity, we don't absolutely need this one.

Joni

But they don't really bother to follow each other in continuity. Flash changed the universe completely and we got a small thing in Arrow. Legends went even bigger this year.

morningbus

But they don't really bother to follow each other in continuity. Flash changed the universe completely and we got a small thing in Arrow. Legends went even bigger this year.

That's actually a symptom of the continuity, though. They can't change anything big for fear of messing up the other shows. I guarantee you by the end of Legend's season (or, more realistically, the beginning of the crossover) everything will be set back to the status quo.

I'm not fully against continuity here and there are good stories that can come out of it but not everything needs to be connected, either.

LotusHD

Banned

I wonder how many people naively thought Flashpoint would actually change big stuff from the other shows. Like outside of Diggle's daughter, I don't think anything else happened.

Top Bottom