• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2011/2012 Off-Season Thread |OT| The Year of the Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is one thing that will piss me off is adverts during the build up, I hope they don't show an advert during the warm up lap and cut back to the coverage right when the lights are about to go turn off.

Adamm

If there is one thing that will piss me off is adverts during the build up, I hope they don't show an advert during the warm up lap and cut back to the coverage right when the lights are about to go turn off.

Maybe not right before the lights, but it probably will cut away close to race start to squeeze in a final set of ads :(
Straight after also

Gav

Yeah i knew it was villeneuve, i meant the man from sky doing interview in the paddock.

He used to be on Soccer AM if i remember correctly.
Definitely the weakest part of this new show... lots more from him this season apparently...

Theyre loving this giant touchscreen!

untitled-4e1jhq.gif

Adamm

They didn't mention times of qualifying or practice repeats, I'm assuming they will?

3am is a bit early for me...

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Impressive start for Sky, I hope they keep it up.

Now all we need is Leunam's 2012 thread and we're set for the start of a new season of Formula One.

Think I'll watch Senna now.

Gav

That was pretty good to be honest. Shame i cant really afford the Sky HD subscription anymore.

Sky Go will be handy, even though its SD.

Ark

I take back everything I said. In my opinion it's already better than the BBC, as much as I'll miss the dynamic trio, I like the new setup.

Also, Georgie Thompson makes for nice eye-candy.

And as I've already said, the HD is phenomenal. Seven days to go.

oipic

Sunhi, your gifs are awesome - I love your work, thanks mate.

Excitement really building here in Melbourne now, as is the yearly debate amongst the general public about whether we should in fact hold a race here at all, given the expense etc.

For some reason, the local (non motor sport) media are hell-bent on 'comparing' the GP as an event with the Australian Open tennis tournament, in regard to crowd numbers, expense, general public interest, environmental impact, you name it. Same nonsense, every year.

Stuff 'em - let's hope F1 puts on a great show, and Bernie can manage to say something positive to help the situation.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
So aren't there a couple more pre/review shows coming up??
I think somebody posted the schedule a few days or weeks ago.
Sat 10 March:

12pm F1 Season Review 1988
4pm F1 Season Review 1989
8pm F1 Season Review 2011 - part 1
9.15pm F1 Season Review 2011 - part 2

Sun 11 March:

12pm F1 Season Review 1990
4pm F1 Season Review 1991
8pm F1 Season Review 2011 - part 3

Xun

And here begins the season of not knowing what the hell is going on.

I'm really going to feel excluded the whole season, simply because I refuse to buy into Sky.

Have fun paying customers.

And here begins the season of not knowing what the hell is going on.
Yeah, it's really going to suck. Not going to be able to discuss tons of things because of this.

Reckon I might just unsubscribe from the thread and come back when there's actual racing / qualifying on. :(

Ark

It's your loss.

Fair enough if you can't afford it, I'm quite lucky in that regard, but I don't see the reasoning behind refusing to pay it.

I don't have £300 to just throw out there for an SD feed.

That said, I can understand not wanting to give that tosser Murdoch any more money. I'm still mostly pissed of because it means my mother is going to miss half of the races.... and now of course because I'm pretty much excluded from discussion.

Ironically I'm supposed to get Sky access of some sort with my phone plan, but those wankers at Orange haven't made an app for WP7.

Xun

It's your loss.

Fair enough if you can't afford it, I'm quite lucky in that regard, but I don't see the reasoning behind refusing to pay it.
Sky is a lot of money.

The additional channels I really don't see the need for, and paying £30 a month just for F1 is a fucking joke.

With the exception of four races per year that run on a time delay, F1 has always been a premium here. I'd definitely say it's worth it to me. Come to think of it, it's also on a Murdoch channel.

Ark

Anything awesome that I have missed on the new f1 channel yet? been unable to check it out today.

They just went through and explained all the changes this year and covered some of the pre-season stuff, the F1 Legends feature with Steve Ryder was nice though. I watched the Fittipaldi feature but didn't bother with the Sir Jackie Stewart one. I'll watch that one later on in the week if it's repeated.

Shaneus

Lucius between his knees noshing at his bollocks doesn't count as sandbagging, does it?
Just as you can tell Webber is Australian by his liberal use of the word "mate" (and also being fucking awesome, like all Australians are), you can ALWAYS tell someone is from the UK when they say "bollocks".

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Anything awesome that I have missed on the new f1 channel yet? been unable to check it out today.
A very impressive two hour pre-season show with great features and accomplished presentation. Naturally, Martin Brundle was the man in focus and the focal point of the coverage. The others did their part. Damon Hill was clearly a lot less comfortable in front of the camera, but that's understandable, he'll improve as the year goes by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom