• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Porsche team has no relevance to F1.

Do you know about the consequences when FI would've pulled out? They already didn't get any coverage because they abandoned FP2. I don't see the problem.

Hey guys, sorry to post this link. I'm the first against politicising this thread but I've been sent this documentary, and I'm 5 minutes through and it seems like a good starting point to know what's happening in this tiny island

Back on topic @Luc. I'm trying to say that FI are trying to capitalise on what's happening. My reference to the Porsche team is that if a team is genuinly concerned they would withdraw. What you just said proves that what they did was meaningless. either you worry and not go/leave early or do nothing about it. You can't choose to leave early one day and stay for the next two days. For me, it makes no sense.

Not that it matters, but if they chose to leave, I would've been against penalising them, because their decision was based on an incident and they think they're not safe. They will get penalised enough for losing potential points and their sponsors won't be happy for losing TV time.

Leave emotions aside, what they did doesn't make sense at all. You guys are sympathising with them because of what FOM did, take that out of the equation and explain to me how does it make sense?

EDIT: forgot to post the link :p - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afuLX5QDo24

EDIT2: unless you guys were discussing the act of FOM? in that case I apologise, I'm talking about their decision to leave the circuit early, which pissed me off

Previous Winners

2011 - Race Not Held
2010 - Fernando Alonso for Ferrari
2009 - Jenson Button for Brawn-Mercedes
2008 - Felipe Massa for Ferrari
2007 - Felipe Massa for Ferrari
2006 - Fernando Alonso for Renault
2005 - Fernando Alonso for Renault

Thanks Leunam :)

2004 - MSC

Yeah just barely made the cut. I only intended to go back to 2005 but I might go back further for future races.

I see. I remember it well cos it was the inaugural race, what a horrible experience it was, and the race was boring as hell lol

EDIT: I was on my friend's iphone and I've noticed that some of my previous replies had so many typos and mistakes. some sentences didn't even make sense. I also noticed that I was a bit frustrated and use the F word a lot (probably because of Kimi's stupid result today). So i'd like to apologise if I have offended anyone

Anyway. Just had a refreshing shower, with all the sweat and the dust it felt like crap :)

Heading out again probably to one of the malls. u guys stay cool

Cheers

ANDY_098

Vergne reprimanded for missing weighbridge call during Bahrain GP qualifying
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99060
The Frenchman, who was knocked out in Q1, missed the signal to stop, so his car could be weighed as he returned to the garage.

After speaking to the stewards, it was decided that he would receive a simple warning for his behaviour rather than being moved down the grid or excluded.

The FIA said that the reason for the reprimand was that "upon realising the error, the team, under supervision of a scrutineer, brought the car back to the FIA garage."

Ark

Glad to see Vergne wasn't disqualified or penalised, I thought that would have been a bit harsh given that he was taken back to the weighbridge immediately.

ANDY_098

Both Red Bull drivers were using an exhaust layout without the tunnel on the floor.
X9YZI.jpg

NRMAD.jpg

Still not clear what the differences between the two are.

Well, out of all the teams they are the only ones! That says something.

And how stupid it is to leave the circuit early yesterday for safety measures and show up at the quali today which is in a later time of the date! sorry but that sounds stupid and very deliberate to get some media attention, the race is at even a later timing and if the protesters would do something it will surely be on race day

If their reason is genuine they would've abandoned the race altogether and not choose to leave just a couple of hours and skip a session with no legal consequences

A crew from the Formula One team, who are based at Silverstone, was travelling back from the circuit to their hotel in Manama when the ordeal occurred.

The team was forced to take an alternative route back to their base, with 40 cars involved in the incident, and reports of at least one on fire.

I don't wish you any harm, but I hope your internet will get cut off.

Both Red Bull drivers were using an exhaust layout without the tunnel on the floor.

Still not clear what the differences between the two are.
One car got the better driver. *runs*

TylerD

I am very pleased to see Seb back at the front. Anything to make the championship more exciting and tighten up the standings is OK by me.

With the tyre degradation this may turn out to be the most exciting Bahrain GP we have seen.

_machine

Bah...the only thing I liked about todays qualifying was Heikki dropping MSC out of Q2. I would've rather seen Webber on pole and having both Kobayashi and Kimi in at least top ten...

Deadman

two people to watch tomorrow are raikonnen and shumi. Those two will be overtaking guys left and right

Especially if tyre wear is as high as everyone is predicting. BBC said 3 or even 4 stops and if thats true then schumacher can run on brand new tyres for the entire race, unlike everyone else. Could be like webber in china last year.

I don't wish you any harm, but I hope your internet will get cut off.

One car got the better driver. *runs*

Why is there so much negativity with you guys? Is it so wrong to think that the team is capitalising on this? I think you guys are on me because I'm a Kimi fan lol..

thanks for not wishing any harm on me. But you guys should at least give me credit that I'm here, actually here, trying to see what the real picture of Bahrain is and trying to give you guys a better perspective of how things and life is going on in Bahrain.

Don't like what I say and don't agree with it, its your right, but why all of this? Can't you guys reply in a more respectable way, or just ignore? Someone calls me a moron and the other accuses me of supporting an oppressive regime. Lol WTF?! I have friends here, and I like the place plus I'm enjoying my trip this time more than every other time, but I'm not taking any sides on the whole Bahrain issue I'm actually the one who asked on this very thread not to talk about politics if possible

I've setup a twitter account just for you guys! Feels like a waste of time to be honest, could've taken much better pics from my cam instead of trying to capture pics from my crappy Blackberry for you. I'm very disappointed with the level of discussion here. It's either someone agrees with you or you flame him to hell

I'm not sure where did you get that article from, but this is what FI themselves had to say about the incident

http://en.espnf1.com/bahrain/motorsport/story/76268.html

"One of our vehicles was momentarily caught up in some disruption on the way back from the circuit last night," a team spokesman said. "Our van was not the target but arrived on the scene on one of the main highways. Within a few minutes the traffic continued moving and the van returned to the hotel. Everyone in the van is okay."

And I'll keep on posting here, if you don't like it you always have the options to ignore or not clicking on the thread

two people to watch tomorrow are raikonnen and shumi. Those two will be overtaking guys left and right

Kimi will be on the podium. I'm sure, I'm quite sure of it. I'm always confident and positive about Kimi, always.. all the.. time.. I'm .. screw this, something horrible will happen again :(

Kimi fans are set for a constant disappointment, I'm starting to actually believe that 2007 was the hiccup year not 2003 and 2005 :p ..

GOOOOOOOOOOOO KIMMIIII

ANDY_098

I'm fascinated by the two different plates that Mercedes is using under the nose.

I believe the first pic shows the same cradle as the second, only with a cap over the end to hide the holes.

The big thing I'm wondering is if the scoop just above the number is a part of the system at all. There has been some speculation that it feeds passive FW F-duct system (which they had last year if rumours are to be believed) that operates automatically at high speed as well as their DRS activated system.

Even if the race goes off without incident, I fully expect Jean Todt to step down as a result of this.

And for what it's worth, Force India have reacted exactly as a responsible employer should given the circumstances. To imply otherwise is just utter fucking idiocy of the highest degree.

Even if the race goes off without incident, I fully expect Jean Todt to step down as a result of this.

And for what it's worth, Force India have reacted exactly as a responsible employer should given the circumstances. To imply otherwise is just utter fucking idiocy of the highest degree.

Thanks for the laugh.

Ark

Jerk, we didn't ask you to go to Bahrain, we didn't ask you to set up a twitter account, we didn't ask for you to get an 'inside opinion', stop trying to guilt-trip us.

You called Force India a bunch of pussies, and when you realised that no one here agreed with you, you tried your usual 'let's agree to disagree? :)', as if putting smiley faces on everything was suddenly going to make it all better.

It's absolutely ludicrous to think Force India hindered their own efforts this weekend for media coverage, which backfired regardless thanks to FOM being whiny fools.

For someone who claims they've been watching Formula 1 for a long time, you sure don't seem to show it. Don't claim that I'm 'personally attacking' you either, that's just your way of interpreting other peoples conflicting opinions.

You can't ask for a 'respectful response' either (whatever that means in this context) when you ask to not talk about politics (in Formula 1? You're crazy) and then you come out with something so outrageously political like you did.

Omiee

Jerk, we didn't ask you to go to Bahrain, we didn't ask you to set up a twitter account, we didn't ask for you to get an 'inside opinion', stop trying to guilt-trip us.

You called Force India a bunch of pussies, and when you realised that no one here agreed with you, you tried your usual 'let's agree to disagree? :)', as if putting smiley faces on everything was suddenly going to make it all better.

It's absolutely ludicrous to think Force India hindered their own efforts this weekend for media coverage, which backfired regardless thanks to FOM being whiny fools.

For someone who claims they've been watching Formula 1 for a long time, you sure don't seem to show it. Don't claim that I'm 'personally attacking' you either, that's just your way of interpreting other peoples conflicting opinions.

You can't ask for a 'respectful response' either (whatever that means in this context) when you ask to not talk about politics (in Formula 1? You're crazy) and then you come out with something so outrageously political like you did.

Dude you should post more, your absence in this thread is felt.

We need more realists around here. Some people love to see the world in their eyes.

Speaking of realists

“Today, we were worth a place somewhere between eighth and 12th, so ninth on the grid fits in with our current level,” Alonso commented after qualifying. “Honestly, given the characteristics of this track - which are definitely not suited to our current car - so far the weekend has not in fact gone that badly.

“To be in with a chance of making it to Q3, we had to use all three sets of Soft tyres available, so we didn’t have any left for the final part of the session. Doing a time on used tyres would have made no sense and would have forced us to start with a set of tyres that already had a few laps on them. Now we are free to choose either the Medium or the Soft for the start of a race that looks like being very hard, especially on tyres.

“The aim? To finish in the points, around sixth or seventh place. I know, it’s not brilliant, but that’s what we can do with the car we have today.”
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/277639/alonso-admits-ninth-exceeded-expectations/

Shaneus

Gonna be a great race tomorrow.
Vettel and Hamilton fighting for the race win.
If Vettel wins tomorrow we have four different winners from four different teams in the first four races.....
trollface.gif?
Good result for RBR, Hamilton to take Vettel out first corner and Webber win?
I've been praying for that since... um... shit, 2010? Hamilton taking out Vettel, the first of the guys to come out of "silver spoon" syndrome taking with him a person who's somewhat still there (made more apparent by his lack of mentioning the overtake by Webber/blaming everything on a vegetable) should teach a much-needed lesson to at least one* of them. Possibly both**. But Hamilton seems to have learned from the past few years... Vettel hasn't had those "few years" so isn't at that maturity level yet. Nothing personal, but he hasn't had the hard yards of challenging for the WDC like so many others have.

Actually, he did... and took Webber out for the privilege of experiencing it. Yup, still bitter. WDC-deciding right there :/

*Vettel
**Vettel and Hamilton

PS. Yeah, inexcusably drunk right now. So if the above is coherent, then it should serve as a fine catalyst for discussion. If not, lolz so drnuk rite nao incoherent babbling lolz !!!@@~~ webberection total ftw *gigglez*

Random bullshit aside, I'm really looking forward to the race tomorrow... could be a good one.

Edit - lol... Webber fans are funny. Deluded, but funny.

I was a bit gutted to see Vettel on pole again, but now I want him to win the race. Gotta make sure Alonso isn't too far behind in the championship before he makes his comeback.

I hope

Shaneus

Pretty much everyone was showing football, but then again I didn't really have much time anyway.
Man, the *paid* (pretty sure, illegal) stream I was following switched from F1 to "football" (soccer, you european bastards) and I was forced to watch an inferior illegal stream for my coverage. Can't even get a good pirate stream nowadays. Technology, I tells ya...
Mind you, none of which were as bad as the shit that Australians are copping as an excuse for "coverage" these days, never mind the fact that this is the first time in decades we've had two drivers in the WDC points run (regardless of how many/little points have been obtained).

Speaking of which, how the fuck did Vergne rack up more points than Ricciardo? The Australian (Advaaaance Austraaaalia Faaaiiirrrr....) has been consistently outperforming the Frenchman yet somehow has less points.

On a more serious note... given Ricciardo has been somewhat consistently better than his teammate, would it be safe to attribute it to the 6+ tracks experience he has over Vergne in the 2011 HRT as the main reason? Seriously. Looking for genuine discussion here (as opposed to my previous points/posts which have been pretty thinly veiled, albeit AWESOME, troll attempts). Srsly.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hoping Hamilton can pull it off this race, but it should be absolutely wild watching the field this race. The grid is so scrambled.

Shaneus

Random bullshit aside, I'm really looking forward to the race tomorrow... could be a good one.

Edit - lol... Webber fans are funny. Deluded, but funny.
You're talking about *me*, aren't you?

:(

(also, keep in mind the posts that followed from my previous lambasting that happened a handful of days ago, and said lambaster's inability to distinguish pure, light-hearted man-crushing from genuine discussion, which I like to think I'm quite capable of. Yes, even when drunk (like, now). Heaps of people backed me up. Seriously. You should have been there.).

moojito

I have to say, the way Alonso is handling the duff car (in terms of attitude in interviews) has raised my respect for him no end. I agree with the folk who say it'd be awesome to have him in a competitive car before he gives up. All six former champions in race winning cars in one season would be incredible.

Nolan.

Did anyone else notice a lot of the Q3 times were actually worse than Q2, both Rosberg and Lewis did a 1:32.2 in Q2 and pole wasn't close to it. This tyre management thing is crazy stuff, get the feeling something will explode in the dessert tomorrow, should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom