• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Pre-Season |OT| The Power of Dreams™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohonky

Made a couple for the season

1qJyxa9.gif

3BZH4fj.gif

You get the impression that that is literally what its like at Ferrari. That they have their head so far up their own ass on nostalgia and self righteousness that they simply cant improve until they really start from scratch doing away with their history and nostalgia and focus on the now.

Probably doesnt help that irrespective of how shit they do, they still rake in more just for turning up than most teams for winning.

Seanspeed

Banned
You get the impression that that is literally what its like at Ferrari. That they have their head so far up their own ass on nostalgia and self righteousness that they simply cant improve until they really start from scratch doing away with their history and nostalgia and focus on the now.

Probably doesnt help that irrespective of how shit they do, they still rake in more just for turning up than most teams for winning.
No, I don't get that impression.

I think Ferrari are a thoroughly modern team who, like anybody else, cant stay on top forever. Its a tough sport with tough competition. Other teams are simply doing better at the moment. It happens.

DBT85

Amazing that Lotus with no money managed to get that nose through crash tests in time when the big boys didn't.

Still some talent at that team and with the Merc engine I wouldn't write them off doing much much better this season.

Staab

Amazing that Lotus with no money managed to get that nose through crash tests in time when the big boys didn't.

Still some talent at that team and with the Merc engine I wouldn't write them off doing much much better this season.

Gonna be hard to do worse now, isn't it ? =P

Poor Lotus deserve much better after being race winners not so long ago, having a great Social media team and arguably one of the best liveries (I really like it) !

Vettel banging in some decent times for Ferrari today...

Aiii

So not worth it
That new thread smell!
Test day 2!

B800NpVIYAAojJp.jpg

I love how retro 90s this car looks due to its colors.

B800f7pIIAAXuHo.jpg

Button is underway.

B80-ld7CIAAXo7w.jpg

And did 2 laps as of 10AM CET.

258989.jpg

I love the nose on the Torro Rosso, they really should just paint as a sword and get that out of the way.

B81DPeHCcAExDki.jpg

258992.jpg

Lotus E23 had its first run.

B81Kzo9IAAAjf0P.jpg

That Red Bull is beautiful though, it's a shame they won't drive with this livery.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Andrew Benson @andrewbensonf1

Wondering why no front wing on Kvyat's Red Bull? He damaged it in a 'small off' and is now doing install laps for which it is not needed
clever

Aiii

So not worth it
B81QSh2IQAAb232.jpg

Track's and/or car's a lot quicker today, Vettel's fastest time yesterday was 1:22.620.

Both Hamilton and Verstappen are more than half a second quicker than their teammates yesterday. Nasr is 2 seconds slower than Ericsson was yesterday, so far.

Mastah

Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsF1 1m1 minute ago

The story in the press room is that the wingless RBR is due to earlier damage and no spare. The programme hobbles on while they fly one out

F1 Fanatic ‏@f1fanatic_co_uk 1m1 minute ago

Horner says Kvyat went off after turn two and damaged the Red Bull's front wing, and they haven't got a replacement

Oops.

Staab

Yeowch.
That's bound to hurt them but luckily it's early in the first test and they can still do a lot of other work on different areas.

Juicy Bob

At his press briefing, Horner said to us that the race livery this year is going to be 'different', but didn't specify how.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sauber and Toro Rosso making a lot of laps, along with -of course- Mercedes. Button already done 5 laps :D.
B81eNcHIcAA-Wa2.jpg

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Ferrari sending Vettel out with no fuel and/or softs?

Lach

Sauber and Toro Rosso making a lot of laps, along with -of course- Mercedes. Button already done 5 laps :D.
B81eNcHIcAA-Wa2.jpg

My guess would be that both Sauber and Torro Rosso have some focus on giving their rookies as much mileage as possible...

Jibbed

Vettel's pace is fairly impressive, 2.4s up from what Mercedes managed this time last year over the whole 4 days.

Aiii

So not worth it
B81pFekIIAAebHM.jpg

4 hours in. Vettel hasn't been out in a while, Button still stuck at 5 laps with a technical issue they feel they can sort out. Maldonado making some laps here and there. Kvyat driving around without a front wing, but a new wing is being flown in.

Oh man I haven't seen this OT before. Are there race-specific OTs? Did a search and couldn't find anything, the OP would be perfect for placing the track diagram and info about tyres and such.

Looking forward to this season, even if it'll be a Mercedes lockout again. Also, that RB looks like a thousand pigeons have dropped their load on it lol

Aiii

So not worth it
Bottas just improved his time to 3rd best at 1:24.131

B81tG_xCYAE3tj9.jpg

Get some rest Valtteri, you're tired.

No, I don't get that impression.

I think Ferrari are a thoroughly modern team who, like anybody else, cant stay on top forever. Its a tough sport with tough competition. Other teams are simply doing better at the moment. It happens.

Actually, it seems like it would be a nightmare to work there, with turbulent management changes, messy internal politics, the weight of public expectations and the Italian press constantly up in everyone's shit. Theyve been on a downward spiral since 08. They ought to be fucking grateful Alonso dragged their cars to wins, any other driver and I shudder to think about how scarce their podium appearances would have been the last 6-7 seasons. Still, the sport needs Ferrari to compete for wins again, and given their massive resources theres no excuse for why they cant in a few years.

Anyway.
That Lotus looks great. A vast improvement from the truly hideous car of 2014.

Did Honda save McLaren yet? Ferrari seems to have some pace but who knows. if they're glory running it smacks of desperation. Lol at Red Bull running a ground effect car.

Risgroo

Oh man I haven't seen this OT before. Are there race-specific OTs? Did a search and couldn't find anything, the OP would be perfect for placing the track diagram and info about tyres and such.

Looking forward to this season, even if it'll be a Mercedes lockout again. Also, that RB looks like a thousand pigeons have dropped their load on it lol

We're not a huge community, so we usually go through two threads per season. I'm sure Ark will have a much more detailed thread up before the season starts :)

Aiii

So not worth it
Few drops of rain and dark clouds gather, looks like it's gonna be bad weather for a while to come.

NHale

Oh the first winter testing. It's always great to see people expectations based on the 1st winter testing lap times and then compared with the harsh reality of Saturday at Melbourne.

It always correlates greatly, like the year Barrichello on a Williams was 1 second faster than everyone else and then Williams then barely scored a point the entire year or what happened after Button fantastic lap on the 1st day in 2013 that left everyone baffled and thinking McLaren was 2 seconds faster than anyone else. Oh well.

Ferrari is going to be the best this year.

Yay new thread. Sub title sucks though
joking

Mclaren have so tightly packaged everything that they made it a nightmare to fix the car.

Lewis and Mercedes have started negotiations on a new contract. Lewis doing a Vettel and doing all the negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom